• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Best Team in the League

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Manning yesterday averaged 11.7 yard per attempt, had a quarterback rating over 120, completion percentage of 70% all while sick with the flu and needing IV's. I think I will take my chances with him doing pretty well moving forward.

Manning with a raging flu, IV's and a rag for an arm is a better QB than Tom Brady.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Manning yesterday averaged 11.7 yard per attempt, had a quarterback rating over 120, completion percentage of 70% all while sick with the flu and needing IV's. I think I will take my chances with him doing pretty well moving forward.

Has he had a couple of bad games as of late...yes of course he has. Nobody can deny that. I wouldn't discount Manning's chances of bouncing back and finishing the year strong at this point though.

For comparison since the Pats played the Chargers the week before. Brady averaged 7.2 yards per pass, had a completion percentage of 63.6%, quarterback rating of 90.8, and was as healthy as a horse. So you tell me which one had the better day?

I'm not talking about stats. Manning was lucky to complete the few passes down field he did. He looked more like Chad Pennington than Peyton Manning to me.

Issue is Pats D kills teams who QBs can't beat them 15 plus yards down field. As decent as your run game has been it won't happen if they don't have to fear Manning beating them over the top.

Maybe it was a combo of losing a little on his fast ball lately AND being sick. You better hope that is the case.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched the game now a few times and I saw one deep pass that ended up floating on him that ended up getting completed. That was a pass to Sanders. He had one that went short on a deep pass to DT but if you watch it was the perfect pass because the defender was going stride for stride with DT down the field so Manning threw it short so DT could do a bit of a comeback while the defender wasn't watching and it lead to a touchdown.

Now I will agree his deep ball has been off a bit. Few reasons in my opinion that we have seen this. In the Chiefs game the wind was blowing 30-40 mph. If you watch the game Smith never hit a deep ball in the entire game either so I would put that one more on that than on Peyton. Next has been a complete shift in offensive philosophy for the Broncos. Manning doesn't have 40 passes anymore to get as much into a rhythm as he usually does. Finally Manning is playing a lot more under center than any time he has been with the Broncos. This has thrown his timing off with the receivers as he is having to 5-7 step drops and then let it go instead of already being in that spot with the shot gun. Yesterday even with the flu his deep ball looked much better. I think he is finally getting a little more comfortable in the new system which is why his numbers even against a pretty darn good defense looked pretty good for only throwing the ball 20 times.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not sure the Pats run defense scares me all that much. They are a middle of the pack run defense in yards and yards per carry. If anything this new found run game should be making Pats fans a little nervous if they have to play the Broncos again knowing it will be a very different team playing them again whether in Foxboro or Milehigh. Plus the defense has been playing the best it has all season.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has he had a couple of bad games as of late...yes of course he has. Nobody can deny that. I wouldn't discount Manning's chances of bouncing back and finishing the year strong at this point though.

For comparison since the Pats played the Chargers the week before. Brady averaged 7.2 yards per pass, had a completion percentage of 63.6%, quarterback rating of 90.8, and was as healthy as a horse. So you tell me which one had the better day?

Listen. Denver has to GO TO Foxville for the AFCCG. Denver can't win there....

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it's about match ups not overall stats or stats vs a common opponent. Brady made silly mental mistakes vs SD which is why his stats were so-so. Manning makes silly mistakes every time he plays the Pats. Even in wins he has a couple of those head scratcher plays. So if he isn't the Manning of their last match up and looks more like the guy this week? Honestly I expect the game to get ugly.

As for run D? They only got gashed twice by teams without a major stretch the field passer. Both games were in the first month. They have corrected those issues. Pats take away a teams best option and makes them beat you with their 2nd or 3rd option.

In this case if Manning is the guy from yesterday the box is getting loaded and their won't be many yards to be had on the ground.

I fully expect this to be the AFCC so we will see what happens one way or another in a month and a half.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Internet makes this very difficult to tell if being serious or sarcastic...If I was a betting man I would probably lean towards the Pats in Foxboro obviously but I honestly like the Broncos chances the more weeks we continue to lean on this run game and the defense to win games. The fact that Manning can have an off day and the Broncos can still go win by 2 scores should show this team has finally become closer to what Elway had when he won his Super Bowls than what we have been the last couple of years leaning completely on Manning.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't bet a plugged nickle on Denver winning a playoff game this year. You can't ask Manning to do it alone.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Internet makes this very difficult to tell if being serious or sarcastic...If I was a betting man I would probably lean towards the Pats in Foxboro obviously but I honestly like the Broncos chances the more weeks we continue to lean on this run game and the defense to win games. The fact that Manning can have an off day and the Broncos can still go win by 2 scores should show this team has finally become closer to what Elway had when he won his Super Bowls than what we have been the last couple of years leaning completely on Manning.

They aren't beating the Pats here if Manning isn't "Manning". Pats torched that same D for 43 last time. That was with them having to press to keep up with your high powered offense.

Now if you somehow steal HFA all bets are off. Pats never play well in Den historically and recently.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not being sarcastic. I felt better with Elway. I love the way CJ and Juwan have been running the ball, but I frankly don't trust Manning in a big game.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't beating the Pats here if Manning isn't "Manning". Pats torched that same D for 43 last time. That was with them having to press to keep up with your high powered offense.

Now if you somehow steal HFA all bets are off. Pats never play well in Den historically and recently.

Wasn't the "same D", but I don't see a Bronco win in Foxville.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet a plugged nickle on Denver winning a playoff game this year. You can't ask Manning to do it alone.

Denver will win up until the ACFCG. I don't see another AFC team able to beat Denver at mile high. Playing too hard nose now

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it's about match ups not overall stats or stats vs a common opponent.

Translation: "I am not going to argue with using anything that can be quantified, therefore, disproved. Instead, let us look at more general, ambiguous areas. Pats do A, which causes B. No matter what anyone in the entire world does, B always happens. Weak-armed Manning, Foxboro in the winter, etc."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it's about match ups not overall stats or stats vs a common opponent. Brady made silly mental mistakes vs SD which is why his stats were so-so. Manning makes silly mistakes every time he plays the Pats. Even in wins he has a couple of those head scratcher plays. So if he isn't the Manning of their last match up and looks more like the guy this week? Honestly I expect the game to get ugly.

As for run D? They only got gashed twice by teams without a major stretch the field passer. Both games were in the first month. They have corrected those issues. Pats take away a teams best option and makes them beat you with their 2nd or 3rd option.

In this case if Manning is the guy from yesterday the box is getting loaded and their won't be many yards to be had on the ground.

I fully expect this to be the AFCC so we will see what happens one way or another in a month and a half.

You are right we might get the chance to see what happens. Like I said I would still bet on the Patriots to win in Foxboro over the Broncos but this is definitely a different team than the one that came into Foxboro earlier in the year. They have a different mentality on both sides of the ball. I highly doubt they would give up 43 with the way the defense has been playing lately. Talib finally seems to be fitting into the system playing some of his best these last 2 weeks and the biggest change other than the run game is the fact that the Broncos have switched to a more aggressive style on defense blitzing on almost a 1/3rd of the plays now compared to 13% through the first 11 games of the season. So again this is not the same team that played earlier in the year.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it's because the Broncos face the Chargers twice a year
and pretty much know all their schemes. Tell me, how is it possible for both Manning and Rodgers stunk up
the joint vs Buffalo, yet Brady lights it up on them at Buffalo? We all know these QBs don't suck.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and pretty much know all their schemes. Tell me, how is it possible for both Manning and Rodgers stunk up
the joint vs Buffalo, yet Brady lights it up on them at Buffalo? We all know these QBs don't suck.

I don't agree. Division rivals know each other and play tougher against each other. The Pats have owned the East for many years and don't really have an AFC East "rival" right now. The Patriots have east teams beat psycologically before the kickoff even happens.

The AFC west have much more diversity than the east.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off the Chargers have actually probably played Manning better than anybody as their DC Pagano just seems to have his number. So Manning having a decent day against him was actually a bit surprising. While yes a division opponent is one that you know their schemes they also know your schemes better than anybody else. Look at how well the Jets played you guys earlier in the year in Foxboro where they should have won that game but hey they are the Jets and have made losing an art form.

The Buffalo game is again just showing that saying any of these guys are done is ludicrous. Until we see it over a long extended time I would never count out Manning or Brady to play at a high level. It is why I lean more towards Manning learning to adjust to our new offensive mindset with the run game rather than that he went from MVP form to playing average in a matter of just a few weeks. I mean you don't usually see that kind of drop off from a player of Manning's ability unless either there is an injury (which if that was the case then the Broncos have been illegally covering it up which is something they have never been accused of doing. If anything this new regime especially is too big on being open and honest with fans and the media) or a complete change in how the team plays. Since the second one is actually able to be seen that the Broncos have indeed done that I lean towards that being the one that is true. He is showing signs now of us seeing him turning that around and again playing at his high level. If he continues with that trend then come playoff time when the Broncos have a passing and running attack coming at teams...well that could be scary.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. Division rivals know each other and play tougher against each other. The Pats have owned the East for many years and don't really have an AFC East "rival" right now. The Patriots have east teams beat psycologically before the kickoff even happens.

The AFC west have much more diversity than the east.

Oh they have rival in the East. Maybe a more hateful rivalry, which is that team in Jersey coached by Rexy.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they have rival in the East. Maybe a more hateful rivalry, which is that team in Jersey coached by Rexy.

Lol, that rivalry's older than granny's panties. It's like saying the Raider's are Denver's rival.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off the Chargers have actually probably played Manning better than anybody as their DC Pagano just seems to have his number. So Manning having a decent day against him was actually a bit surprising. While yes a division opponent is one that you know their schemes they also know your schemes better than anybody else. Look at how well the Jets played you guys earlier in the year in Foxboro where they should have won that game but hey they are the Jets and have made losing an art form.

The Buffalo game is again just showing that saying any of these guys are done is ludicrous. Until we see it over a long extended time I would never count out Manning or Brady to play at a high level. It is why I lean more towards Manning learning to adjust to our new offensive mindset with the run game rather than that he went from MVP form to playing average in a matter of just a few weeks. I mean you don't usually see that kind of drop off from a player of Manning's ability unless either there is an injury (which if that was the case then the Broncos have been illegally covering it up which is something they have never been accused of doing. If anything this new regime especially is too big on being open and honest with fans and the media) or a complete change in how the team plays. Since the second one is actually able to be seen that the Broncos have indeed done that I lean towards that being the one that is true. He is showing signs now of us seeing him turning that around and again playing at his high level. If he continues with that trend then come playoff time when the Broncos have a passing and running attack coming at teams...well that could be scary.

Oh no CD, I didn't post that to degrade Manning. If I did, my bad. It's in response to those that degrade Brady.