• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Best Team in the League

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you consider the top 2-3 defenses then right now in the NFL that I can't compare those groups to?

Well Duh the NFCW everyone knows that:suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you consider the top 2-3 defenses then right now in the NFL that I can't compare those groups to?

Make your own comparisons against any others you care to. I was speaking in general terms as often the top 2-3 are significantly ahead of everyone else. I will say if any team hasn't faced at least one of the NFCW defenses they haven't faced that type of challenge. Physical smash mouth defense. I'd probably have Seattle and the 9'ers 1 and 2, particularly against the pass.

The point here was if you haven't faced Seattle's pass defense when they are healthy then you haven't been tested in a way that compares. They can completely shut down any passing game in the league when they don't have substantial injuries and right now they appear to be healthy enough. Knock on wood.

There is no part of me that fears Brady. Gronk or not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To which I counter with "how about their top-rated offense that keeps winning despite Tom Brady leading the league in off-target passes and TDs (to the other team)?"

Who's top rated offense, Duh $tealer$?:noidea:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted you to clarify so thank you. Maybe we will get to see those two teams go at it soon enough. Lots of football left to be played though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted you to clarify so thank you. Maybe we will get to see those two teams go at it soon enough. Lots of football left to be played though.

As I already said, far more likely it's any two other teams.

I'm far more fearful of a very strong running team than a big time passing team against this defense right now.

I would be kind of surprised not to see Seattle make the playoffs at this point as they probably only need to win one of their next two, but anyone looking too deeply in the playoffs isn't respecting history. The Seahawks lack the explosive big play maker on offense they probably need to be favored throughout.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're at the very top of every single power ranking going into Week 16.

First round bye.

Homefield throughout.

Lombardi goes thru Foxboro.

11 division titles in 12 years with nothing to show for it.

Give me one good reason why these guys don't win it all this year. :noidea:

You starting this thread! :yahoo::rollseyes:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To recap, NFCW are the only top defenses.

The broncos are 2-2 against the NFCW having punked the 49ers, cardinals playing the seahawks close, and getting punked by the rams. The pats have in turn punked the broncos.

All this to say, any given Sunday.

Personally, I like teams that are more well-rounded than dominant on one side or the other. Pats right now are pretty balanced, they can run, they can pass, and they have a decent defense. For a lot of other teams, all you have to do is solve the defense or offense and then the field is a lot more level.

I like the seahawks chances but what do they do when they play another team that either has a stout defense or can put up 25-30 on them? I don't think anyone sees them as an offensive powerhouse. Same argument can be made for the cardinals.

I think we can all agree that this season's playoff slate looks to be full with good games, except whoever plays the NFCS winner.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To recap, NFCW are the only top defenses.

The broncos are 2-2 against the NFCW having punked the 49ers, cardinals playing the seahawks close, and getting punked by the rams. The pats have in turn punked the broncos.

All this to say, any given Sunday.

Personally, I like teams that are more well-rounded than dominant on one side or the other. Pats right now are pretty balanced, they can run, they can pass, and they have a decent defense. For a lot of other teams, all you have to do is solve the defense or offense and then the field is a lot more level.

I like the seahawks chances but what do they do when they play another team that either has a stout defense or can put up 25-30 on them? I don't think anyone sees them as an offensive powerhouse. Same argument can be made for the cardinals.

I think we can all agree that this season's playoff slate looks to be full with good games, except whoever plays the NFCS winner.

Til the day Belichick retires, his team gets the nod for best-prepared. I think the KC debacle was the best thing that could have happened to New England. You won't see them come in unprepared again.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Til the day Belichick retires, his team gets the nod for best-prepared. I think the KC debacle was the best thing that could have happened to New England. You won't see them come in unprepared again.

They certainly looked like crap and it appears has lit a fire under their asses. I don't get how that could have happened (them being that unprepared) this year at all but it happenedm painfully but things have gotten much better since then!

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reverse physiology eh? Look, there is no Pats fans crowning the champions, except maybe Southie, and she's entitled to her opinion. Hell, I'm not even thinking of the playoffs right now. I'm thinking of the potentially dangerous Jets team at New Jersey this week, that always play them tough. But go on and continue to act like Pats fans are on here strutting our stuff.

Reverse physiology??? :wtf2:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, even when your posts are obvious trolls their entertaining

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I criticize the Pats.

"Hammer's an asshole!"

I compliment the Pats.

"Hammer's an asshole!"

:L

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those division chmpionships in one of the weakest divisions don't amount to much. How many of those teams were filmed?

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those division chmpionships in one of the weakest divisions don't amount to much. How many of those teams were filmed?

Really? Might want to review the last 14 years and records. It's been a mediocre division but rarely the worst. Jets and Fins have multiple playoff appearances during that stretch. While the NFCW Had a few years a .500 or less teams making the postseason.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I criticize the Pats.

"Hammer's an asshole!"

I compliment the Pats.

"Hammer's an asshole!"

:L

You made the thread to make your "Pats are winning in spite of Brady and if they fail to win the title it will be his fault " line...it's boring and intellectually dishonest.