• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Best Team in the League

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And IMO different teams match up different. H2H tells you how teams match up better than a common opponent for that reason.

We aren't talking about a close game. It was an ass whipping and those match ups are still there. Both teams will change things up but end of the day same players will be playing.

I'm not saying to discount that game but I am saying the game against the Chargers should be looked at just to see how these teams have played as of recently. Again I don't know how else I can say this. The team that the Patriots played in early November is no longer the same Bronco team. We have completely changed schemes on both the offense and defense.

Anyway all this talk doesn't mean much. Hopefully we get to see just how different or the same these two are if they get to play again.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to bank on how each team played the Chargers as a point of reference more than how they played against each other?

You do realize based on what you said all I have to do is point to their last meeting right?

I think H2H means more than stats VS a common opponent.

I mean come on man. Get real with your little snark response.

Who mentioned anything about common opponents or H2H? You wanted to throw out stats and go with match ups but never cared to share what match ups. (Unless you were inferring a H2H match up)

The issue with some of you points is that you are assuming the broncos the patriots took to the wood shed are the same ones that would meet in a hypothetical AFCCG.

Since you are okay with stats now, take a look at the ToP, rush yards over the last few games. In particular, look at what the broncos did to the bills, that knew we would run the ball at them. I have my doubts that the pats have success stacking 9 in the box when other good defenses have not. And Manning, with wobbly passes, can still throw the ball. They do not even have to be deep throws when 9 are stacked in the box.

Another point, the current defense is playing a lot more man coverage and blitzing more often. This D is more aggressive than the zone shit you saw weeks ago. I doubt we will watch Von Miller futilely try to cover Gronk again. Von is doing what he does best now.

I am not saying the broncos WILL win in a Foxboro AFCCG. The pats are still very good. I do think they will put up more of a fight if they should meet the Pats in a AFCCG.

I am not even sure how we got into this pissing contest but it seems like a good way to derail a troll thread.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who mentioned anything about common opponents or H2H? You wanted to throw out stats and go with match ups but never cared to share what match ups. (Unless you were inferring a H2H match up)

The issue with some of you points is that you are assuming the broncos the patriots took to the wood shed are the same ones that would meet in a hypothetical AFCCG.

Since you are okay with stats now, take a look at the ToP, rush yards over the last few games. In particular, look at what the broncos did to the bills, that knew we would run the ball at them. I have my doubts that the pats have success stacking 9 in the box when other good defenses have not. And Manning, with wobbly passes, can still throw the ball. They do not even have to be deep throws when 9 are stacked in the box.

Another point, the current defense is playing a lot more man coverage and blitzing more often. This D is more aggressive than the zone shit you saw weeks ago. I doubt we will watch Von Miller futilely try to cover Gronk again. Von is doing what he does best now.

I am not saying the broncos WILL win in a Foxboro AFCCG. The pats are still very good. I do think they will put up more of a fight if they should meet the Pats in a AFCCG.

I am not even sure how we got into this pissing contest but it seems like a good way to derail a troll thread.

They would almost have to wouldn't they? Broncs fan are getting boners typing about their new-found run game. So cute.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning and the Broncos are rope-a-doping. The passing offense will re-appear in the playoffs. I don't think they'll run their way to anything against the better teams. The Patriots run D is far from elite but it has improved. The Jets ran all over them earlier in the season. I don't expect the same this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To which I counter with "how about their top-rated offense that keeps winning despite Tom Brady leading the league in off-target passes and TDs (to the other team)?"

:lame:ok genius...how many pick 6's has Brady thrown this year? I recall one against KC, but you always have more insight than anyone else.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would almost have to wouldn't they? Broncs fan are getting boners typing about their new-found run game. So cute.

It is patronizing comments like this that spawn people like Hammer. You know what I think is cute? Watching the pats fans jump ship after week 4 only to come clambering bag up Brady's jock after the following week.

Biggest fair-weather fan base.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is patronizing comments like this that spawn people like Hammer. You know what I think is cute? Watching the pats fans jump ship after week 4 only to come clambering bag up Brady's jock after the following week.

Lol!

No ship jumping from me bitch...go ahead and read up.

....and yeah, I'm the reason why Hammer's a major doucher. :L

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning and the Broncos are rope-a-doping. The passing offense will re-appear in the playoffs. I don't think they'll run their way to anything against the better teams. The Patriots run D is far from elite but it has improved. The Jets ran all over them earlier in the season. I don't expect the same this week.

Of course they will, the have the best cast of receivers in the NFL, and now with a running game its damn scary. Top that off with a great D esp vs run and that's a recipe for success. If Pats loses either one of the next 2 games then its Denver in the SB again. Nobody is beating Denver in Mile-High

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting who starts the most Pats threads around here. :pound:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fucking media doesn't speak for Pats fans douchebag.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The post you quoted was addressing NEHomer, not the media, douchebag.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're at the very top of every single power ranking going into Week 16.

First round bye.

Homefield throughout.

Lombardi goes thru Foxboro.

11 division titles in 12 years with nothing to show for it.

Give me one good reason why these guys don't win it all this year. :noidea:

The Packers' defense will be their downfall.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said anything about media? You just had to be perusing these boards to see it happen. Poor Txheat, unable to take a little criticism.

In all seriousness, I do like the Pats this year. They are not dominant in any area but very solid in all phases. Plus, you have Belichick. I would be lying if I said I was not jealous of his talents, especially game-planning.

For any of this trash talk to actually mean anything a lot needs to happen and there are no guarantees. not for the Broncos, not for the Patriots, not for the Seahawks. I think we still have 2 great weeks left in the season and then a great slate of playoff games.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting who starts the most Pats threads around here. :pound:

Heater its fatal attraction Glen Close and Pats are Michael Douglas. Unhealthy obsession if you ask me