• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots 2019 Draft Thread

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still a better option the Etling at the moment. Part of what happened last year at Auburn was they changed their offensive scheme and got away from a Pro Style offense. As much as I currently hold skepticism for the pick Stidham does do better in the Pro Style offense. And the Pats don't throw to many balls past 40 yards anyway. I am leery at the moment, but lets see what he looks like in two years. They may well have been drafted because they feel he has a lot of upside.
Auburn didn’t change anything offensively. He ran the same stuff he ran before and it was similar to what he ran at Baylor.

I don’t think there is any doubt he will be better off in a pro style offensive but it doesn’t change the fact he can’t hold onto the ball, move to get out of trouble or hit the deep ball consistently.

I’m just trying to tell you guys not to get your hopes up. I wouldn’t have drafted him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! We need a player like that again. The heart of the defense.

I really like the Harris pick too. We have a hard nosed, no nonsense runner who will get us the short/tough yards and is an excellent pass protector. Can’t depend on any other RB we have. They all have had injuries. And he’s never fumbled.(No!! I didn’t curse/jinx him)

With good knees???

Seriously??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the coaching sucked.

He'll get a chance to learn under the best ever. If he can't do it, he'll be bagging at Food Lion or Publix.

Bill will get a couple of great preseason games out of him and trade him for a 2nd round pick.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady couldn't hold down the starting job at Michigan because of biased coaching. But every time those starters failed it was Brady they turned to to bail them out. And that is exactly why he was selected.

This.
Brady wasn't as highly recruited out of high school and Michigan did bring in some highly touted high schoolers for Brady to fend off/bail out.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn didn’t change anything offensively. He ran the same stuff he ran before and it was similar to what he ran at Baylor.

I don’t think there is any doubt he will be better off in a pro style offensive but it doesn’t change the fact he can’t hold onto the ball, move to get out of trouble or hit the deep ball consistently.

I’m just trying to tell you guys not to get your hopes up. I wouldn’t have drafted him.

I misspoke on the offense were Auburn ran more read option type offense vs pro style offense which wasn't his strong suit. The Pats won't be running a whole lot of read option.

He did win the starting nod at the senior bowl not because he sucked but he showed the most potential in the practices. Is Jarrett Stidham the best quarterback at the Senior Bowl?

And I still tend to agree he has issues and I would have preferred a different QB, but he's here and if he's willing to learn he may be worth a shot. He was a round four pick it's not like he was a reach at that spot.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be here just to give Etling some competition and force him to turn it up a notch
but couldn't they have traded an autographed Brady jersey for a late 7th and brought in Tyree Jackson for that?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they could’ve just used one of the four 7’s they already had on Jackson before trading the other three and passing on him with the fourth and on signing him as a UDFA after, I’d say he wasn’t ever in their plans.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they could’ve just used one of the four 7’s they already had on Jackson before trading the other three and passing on him with the fourth and on signing him as a UDFA after, I’d say he wasn’t ever in their plans.
Of course not. If he were in their plans they never would have drafted Stidham... Try to keep up. BK conjectured the pick may have been made to push Etling. I was merely saying if all the wanted to do was challenge Etling they could have made another choice in the 4th and used a late 7th for Jackson to push Etling...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyree Jackson was signed by the Buffalo Bills. Jackson is extremely tall 6'7.5" and has some bad habits. He tries to throw through everything because he thinks his arm is strong and he makes some bad decisions. His worst fault according to PFW (Pro Football Weekly) is that he cannot read a defense or refuses to recognize one.
Stidman is the 7th rated QB and Jackson was not rated in the top 16 of the PFW Draft rankings.

Damien Harris was 10th in the RBs

Harry was 2nd WR

Cajuste was rated 4th OT

Bailey was rated the #1 Punter

While we amateurs have our opinions, I think BB and Caserio know better than we do about what they're tryiong to do.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyree Jackson was signed by the Buffalo Bills. Jackson is extremely tall 6'7.5" and has some bad habits. He tries to throw through everything because he thinks his arm is strong and he makes some bad decisions. His worst fault according to PFW (Pro Football Weekly) is that he cannot read a defense or refuses to recognize one.
Stidman is the 7th rated QB and Jackson was not rated in the top 16 of the PFW Draft rankings.

Harry was 2nd WR

Cajuste was rated 4th OT

While we amateurs have our opinions, I think BB and Caserio know better than we do about what they're tryiong to do.

You better take that shit back right now!!!!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I misspoke on the offense were Auburn ran more read option type offense vs pro style offense which wasn't his strong suit. The Pats won't be running a whole lot of read option.

He did win the starting nod at the senior bowl not because he sucked but he showed the most potential in the practices. Is Jarrett Stidham the best quarterback at the Senior Bowl?

And I still tend to agree he has issues and I would have preferred a different QB, but he's here and if he's willing to learn he may be worth a shot. He was a round four pick it's not like he was a reach at that spot.
Here is his senior bowl performance summarized:

"Meanwhile, former Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham was 4 of 5 passing for 30 yards, but fumbled twice in limited action. He lost one fumble and the South offense did not score with Stidham on the field in the second half."

Just trust me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harry was 2nd WR

Cajuste was rated 4th OT

2019 NFL draft: Final RB rankings

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is his senior bowl performance summarized:

"Meanwhile, former Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham was 4 of 5 passing for 30 yards, but fumbled twice in limited action. He lost one fumble and the South offense did not score with Stidham on the field in the second half."

Just trust me.
Why should anyone trust you? Just let it alone it's done. Trust me.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harry was 2nd WR

Cajuste was rated 4th OT

Maybe I'm seeing the wrong motive for your post. I never question BB and Caserio beyond discussion fodder simply because of their track record. My mention of Tyree Jackson was an arbitrary grab of a QB other than Stridham to cast doubt on an opinion that Stridham was drafted for competitive purposes.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because now I need your validation. Please give it to me.

Ohh hell know, you're likely to stick around if we do that. And we have enough obtuse attention whores already.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm seeing the wrong motive for your post. I never question BB and Caserio beyond discussion fodder simply because of their track record. My mention of Tyree Jackson was an arbitrary grab of a QB other than Stridham to cast doubt on an opinion that Stridham was drafted for competitive purposes.

I question them. Why not we have had our fair share of failures too, doesn't the name Chad Jackson ring a bell?