• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots 2019 Draft Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys wasted a pick on Stidham as he is terrible under pressure and becomes a turnover machine.
Someone else with a different opinion then yours. Like most NE fans are saying. He'll need time. All his concerns are coachable. He gets to sit and learn from the GOAT. Like I said give him time he was a 4th round pick. Not like NE reached for him.
Go take a look at Brady's pre draft prospectus. Anything can happen.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone else with a different opinion then yours. Like most NE fans are saying. He'll need time. All his concerns are coachable. He gets to sit and learn from the GOAT. Like I said give him time he was a 4th round pick. Not like NE reached for him.
Go take a look at Brady's pre draft prospectus. Anything can happen.

That is a good assesment

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kool-aid be strong in here!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That falls under discussion fodder. Of course they have misses. And they have tons of home runs. I think we don't recognize a lot of the home runs because the Pats are constantly hitting with one arm tied behind their backs and the ball barely clears the fence.
we drink the same kool aide that's been served the past twenty years. Cool, sweet with a little tartness....and never poisoned. So this year we'll drink yours? I think not.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That falls under discussion fodder. Of course they have misses. And they have tons of home runs. I think we don't recognize a lot of the home runs because the Pats are constantly hitting with one arm tied behind their backs and the ball barely clears the fence.

we drink the same kool aide that's been served the past twenty years. Cool, sweet with a little tartness....and never poisoned. So this year we'll drink yours? I think not.
I enjoy serving mine aged, with a side of crow. If you drink it too soon it doesn't have time to mature.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the video or not? It clearly showed Auburned had shitty receiver and a shitty O line. You don't think that affects a QB

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the video or not? It clearly showed Auburned had shitty receiver and a shitty O line. You don't think that affects a QB
O-Line was bad but the receivers were really good. Better than either of the groups we had when playing for the national championship in 2010 and 2013.

That being said the O-Line wasn’t bad enough where he couldn’t hang onto the football or hit deep balls against weak teams.

Let’s put it this way I’d much rather have Nick Marshall as my QB. This guy ain’t your future and if Brady goes down and it’s up to Stidham then you’re toast.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-Line was bad but the receivers were really good. Better than either of the groups we had when playing for the national championship in 2010 and 2013.

That being said the O-Line wasn’t bad enough where he couldn’t hang onto the football or hit deep balls against weak teams.

Let’s put it this way I’d much rather have Nick Marshall as my QB. This guy ain’t your future and if Brady goes down and it’s up to Stidham then you’re toast.

Apparently he doesn't consider All those drops in his evaluation. The coaching or offensive scheme...The receivers could be Randy Moss-esque but if they keep dropping balls who cares?

There will never be another Tom Brady. No one is trying to make that comparison. Ryan Leaf was going to be the next Johnny U and Brady was the #4 QB on the Pats roster year one. I'll take BB and company evaluation.

Again he's a 4th round pick. Go grind your axe elsewhere.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fortunately, we still have Etling and Hoyer at this point.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you didn't watch the video? Just say that! Because if you had you would see all the dropped balls.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but he watched the games. Unfortunately he only saw a lot of over thrown balls. Which Stidman did have, no arguement.
The kid had no stop pressure on him. Funny one of the knocks is he doesn't deliver a good ball when under duress. Hint, most QBs don't.
He needs work and time.
I don't remember if it was Kurt Warner or one of the others on NFL Network who said that watching this kid in shorts at the bowl game. Stidman threw the best ball of the entire class.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I loved the draft up to Cajuste. Didnt like the second half. 1 or 2 decent players. Hated the Qb and dont like drafting punters.

Still good overall. I give it a solid B maybe even B+

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't watch the video? Just say that! Because if you had you would see all the dropped balls.
Dude I watched every play of every game and dropped balls weren't a huge issue and didn't cost us the games we lost. 3 & 4 years ago it was a huge issue but not the last 2 years. Issue was the QB.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he doesn't consider All those drops in his evaluation. The coaching or offensive scheme...The receivers could be Randy Moss-esque but if they keep dropping balls who cares?

There will never be another Tom Brady. No one is trying to make that comparison. Ryan Leaf was going to be the next Johnny U and Brady was the #4 QB on the Pats roster year one. I'll take BB and company evaluation.

Again he's a 4th round pick. Go grind your axe elsewhere.
My axe is getting pretty sharp right here thank you.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I watched every play of every game and dropped balls weren't a huge issue and didn't cost us the games we lost. 3 & 4 years ago it was a huge issue but not the last 2 years. Issue was the QB.

Again I'll ask, there seems to be a learning curve here.

DID YOU WATCH THE FILM???????

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I loved the draft up to Cajuste. Didnt like the second half. 1 or 2 decent players. Hated the Qb and dont like drafting punters.

Still good overall. I give it a solid B maybe even B+
I've read about the rationale behind the punter and it appears BB saw punting as a competitive disadvantage last year and worthy of spending the pick. The more you beef up a certain area the more you force your competition to game plan against you and week to week the more you force them to game plan the less they can game plan in any particular place.

BB isn't just trying to compete on the field, he's competing off the field too.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'll ask, there seems to be a learning curve here.

DID YOU WATCH THE FILM???????
I can’t I have Stidham PTSD and my doctors won’t allow it.