• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Passion Bucket

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I haven't been around to post lately. I feel like I'm letting my community down. In 15 years, this is the least passionate I've felt about the Jazz. They have no foundational characters left. I don't mind a rebuild. I don't mind the growing pains. But, I just don't identify with any of the cast and crew on the current roster. None of the players show any charisma or toughness - they just all use the same old clichés and tag lines. Corbin - I want to see some animation, some anger, some pride.

I'm catching about half the games. And, honestly, it is hard to sit through an entire 4 quarters. They just aren't capturing me, pulling me into the arena with them. This is from a guy that would do anything to not miss a Jazz game for the last decade.

So, in summary, my passion bucket is empty right now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can the team have passion if you don't? Then again, if one cannot get passion from a sack of potatoes, they are shit out of luck. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love would go on the Dan Patrick radio show, and use the term "Passion Bucket".

Dan Patrick then set up a challenge for the 2010 or 2011 Draft Lottery, for Love to use the term "Passion Bucket" on air. Love was Minnesota's Draft Representative.

Love then did it! When he was asked about Minnesota's chances of winning the draft lottery, he said his "Passion Bucket" was full. I was so glad I knew what the reference was, having luckily heard the segment with Dan Patrick within that past 1-2 days.

That was a great moment for the term Passion Bucket in NBA History.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that Love passion bucket was classic. How about you guys? Is this a sucky year to be an NBA fan, or what. I can't even enjoy the Lakers sucking big time. And, suppose we suck this bad and only net a #6 pick. Is that a franchise changer? Is it worth alienating some of your fan base?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I haven't been around to post lately. I feel like I'm letting my community down. In 15 years, this is the least passionate I've felt about the Jazz. They have no foundational characters left. I don't mind a rebuild. I don't mind the growing pains. But, I just don't identify with any of the cast and crew on the current roster. None of the players show any charisma or toughness - they just all use the same old clichés and tag lines. Corbin - I want to see some animation, some anger, some pride.

I'm catching about half the games. And, honestly, it is hard to sit through an entire 4 quarters. They just aren't capturing me, pulling me into the arena with them. This is from a guy that would do anything to not miss a Jazz game for the last decade.

So, in summary, my passion bucket is empty right now.

What do you think about Favor's game this year?

What about Hayward's drives to set up passes?

If Rush had been as good as he was a few years ago, then he would have been a nice tough player.

I do agree that none of the players have a charismatic personality.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that Love passion bucket was classic. How about you guys? Is this a sucky year to be an NBA fan, or what. I can't even enjoy the Lakers sucking big time. And, suppose we suck this bad and only net a #6 pick. Is that a franchise changer? Is it worth alienating some of your fan base?

Every time I see a Jazz young player, I keep thinking about how they've made the wrong pick the past few years. Just getting one of these right would have been better.

* Valanciunas over Kanter

* Paul George over Hayward

* Carter-Williams over Burke

* Leonard or Faried over Burks

I'll give them a pass on Maynor, but in hindsight, I would have liked Toney Douglas game more.

You probably would have identified with some of these players more, than whom the Jazz ended up with. I think they would have the charisma and toughness you're looking for.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really have had no time to watch the Jazz games this year. My wife had our second baby and I'm spending more time with the two girls. I record the games. I will also admit that I will look at the score before I watch the game to determine whether I want to watch it or what players to watch. I often watch it in fast-forward, sometimes just watching the offense. I know, a cardinal sin.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have had no time to watch the Jazz games this year. My wife had our second baby and I'm spending more time with the two girls. I record the games. I will also admit that I will look at the score before I watch the game to determine whether I want to watch it or what players to watch. I often watch it in fast-forward, sometimes just watching the offense. I know, a cardinal sin.

It's not an offense to FF during games.

But it is to see the score before you start watching.

What bad habits you are teaching your kids. You need to teach them how to properly watch TV!

When the Winter Olympics come on, are you going to check the internet to see what the Gold winning time was, then announce it, then watch the race?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an offense to FF during games.

But it is to see the score before you start watching.

What bad habits you are teaching your kids. You need to teach them how to properly watch TV!

When the Winter Olympics come on, are you going to check the internet to see what the Gold winning time was, then announce it, then watch the race?

Don't worry, my kids will have plenty of time to watch the whole game without knowing the score. It's me that'll be busy.

I cannot watch a football game with my dad. He will, if the game is close, go to the bathroom or to his office for a second to do something and will pause the game. Then, he'll come back and will have his phone on him. I know he's looking at the score and I can tell his reactions. When Alex Smith won the game for the Niners in 2011 with two scores the last four minutes, he said, "oh, wow." If I hadn't been a fan, just a casual viewer, that would have ruined it for me. As a fan, though, nothing would ruin the moment. That moment was right up there with Stockton hitting the three pointer against Houston.

Still, I resolved to never watch a game with my dad unless it's live. I made an exception for the Jazz games, of course. They're just too many of them and the schedules too hard to match up with kids and a wife.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch tonight against the Wizards, but followed along at work. And, I legitimately don't know if I should be happy for the win or pissed off about it. If you are going to suck, shouldn't you suck worse than anyone else? Or, is this really a good thing, meaning that we have a few decent pieces to build around? I'm not sure Favors is going to be an all-star. Gordon, I am not convinced. Is he going to be like a Rashard Lewis kind of guy?

I think the main thing is that I'm looking for the Jazz to be interesting. Big Al had his faults, but the guy had personality. Karl, same thing. Jerry. Even Larry. Everyone in the organization right now is just too damn nonchalant for me.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch tonight against the Wizards, but followed along at work. And, I legitimately don't know if I should be happy for the win or pissed off about it. If you are going to suck, shouldn't you suck worse than anyone else? Or, is this really a good thing, meaning that we have a few decent pieces to build around? I'm not sure Favors is going to be an all-star. Gordon, I am not convinced. Is he going to be like a Rashard Lewis kind of guy?

I think the main thing is that I'm looking for the Jazz to be interesting. Big Al had his faults, but the guy had personality. Karl, same thing. Jerry. Even Larry. Everyone in the organization right now is just too damn nonchalant for me.

The Lakers are getting the number one pick by luck of the draw and we are getting the 13th by luck of the draw. No matter how we win. But don't worry, we'll trade our 2nd rounder to move up to the 9th pick and we'll pick this amazing prospect from Germany who is Nowitski's clone. We just have to wait a few years and then buy out his contract, unless they decide the want to keep him. He averages 11.1 points, 6.7 rebounds, 0.7 assists and 0.4 blocks per game. He shots 43.4 percent from the field, but 38% from the three point line.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, my kids will have plenty of time to watch the whole game without knowing the score. It's me that'll be busy.

I cannot watch a football game with my dad. He will, if the game is close, go to the bathroom or to his office for a second to do something and will pause the game. Then, he'll come back and will have his phone on him. I know he's looking at the score and I can tell his reactions. When Alex Smith won the game for the Niners in 2011 with two scores the last four minutes, he said, "oh, wow." If I hadn't been a fan, just a casual viewer, that would have ruined it for me. As a fan, though, nothing would ruin the moment. That moment was right up there with Stockton hitting the three pointer against Houston.

Still, I resolved to never watch a game with my dad unless it's live. I made an exception for the Jazz games, of course. They're just too many of them and the schedules too hard to match up with kids and a wife.

Thanks.

Can't you tell your dad not to check the score while you're watching a live game?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Favors is not going to be an All-Star. A quasi double-double with some blocks looks like what he's going to be.

And I don't think he's a good defender for the entire game, just during certain moments. He's not at a Dwight Howard or Roy Hibbert or Marc Gasol level.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adding more confusion: The Jazz won, but I think the Wizards have better players.

I also wore a Wizards T-shirt, just to see what would happen. (It was a gift I received a few weeks ago from someone who had been in the DC area, and randomly got me that shirt). I wonder if wearing the shirt somehow helped the Jazz win. Actually, I'm a bit disappointed. I think I was hoping if I wore the Wizards shirt, then the Jazz players would have amazing performances against the Wizards. But no one really had a standout game. It was a good team win. But as Sackataters has been implying, I want to see something special. So I guess wearing the shirt didn't work, because I wanted the Jazz win and to see special performances.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

Can't you tell your dad not to check the score while you're watching a live game?

He doesn't know I know. My dad's an honest guy, but I don't want to ask him that in case he denies checking. I'd rather just let it be. I'm like that, I don't know why.

Example: I went to an event yesterday and there was a climbing thing where you jump off with a harness. I think my daughter can do that but I declined going because I didn't want to deal with it if she said she was scared. I would want to make her do it. I just know that about my personality. So I declined. I'd rather just wait until next year. I will work her up to roller-coasters without pressure.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't know I know. My dad's an honest guy, but I don't want to ask him that in case he denies checking. I'd rather just let it be. I'm like that, I don't know why.

Example: I went to an event yesterday and there was a climbing thing where you jump off with a harness. I think my daughter can do that but I declined going because I didn't want to deal with it if she said she was scared. I would want to make her do it. I just know that about my personality. So I declined. I'd rather just wait until next year. I will work her up to roller-coasters without pressure.

Thanks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were your Passion Buckets like in 2004-2005?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were your Passion Buckets like in 2004-2005?

If you are talking about the year after Stockton and Malone left, I was in college (not much time and didn't have NBA Pass - Box Score and recap watching) and I hoped to turn around without Stockton to Malone. It was a testament to Jerry Sloan, his system, and coaching.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding more confusion: The Jazz won, but I think the Wizards have better players.

I also wore a Wizards T-shirt, just to see what would happen. (It was a gift I received a few weeks ago from someone who had been in the DC area, and randomly got me that shirt). I wonder if wearing the shirt somehow helped the Jazz win. Actually, I'm a bit disappointed. I think I was hoping if I wore the Wizards shirt, then the Jazz players would have amazing performances against the Wizards. But no one really had a standout game. It was a good team win. But as Sackataters has been implying, I want to see something special. So I guess wearing the shirt didn't work, because I wanted the Jazz win and to see special performances.

I figured it out. Only try against teams that you know you will lose to. And hope you do. Don't tank every game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking about the year after Stockton and Malone left, I was in college (not much time and didn't have NBA Pass - Box Score and recap watching) and I hoped to turn around without Stockton to Malone. It was a testament to Jerry Sloan, his system, and coaching.

No, I am not talking about the year after Stockton and Malone left. That was 2003-2004, when they nearly made the playoffs with Kirilenko getting the All-Star nod.

I am talking about 2004-2005. That was the offseason when they signed Boozer and Okur. But Arroyo and Lopez couldn't keep up their play from a year ago, and Boozer was hurt halfway through the season. And Kirilenko couldn't keep up his play from the year prior also. So the Jazz won 26 games.

Some people thought that Sloan couldn't reach the team anymore.

But I am curious as to what you and Sackataters thought, as that was the previous season comparable to this one.

Perhaps you didn't have time to watch games that season either.