• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For just about two decades, my mid to late summer ritual has been compiling rankings out of preseason magazines in Excel sheets, receiving "up" text messages, and mentally debating late-round sleepers. I remember many summer events in my life by the pick happening at that time....a wedding in Rhode Island when Nelson Spruce was stolen one pick in front of me, a lightning strike coming too close on the golf course the day I took Stephen Morris, a night at the gym when I schemed up selecting Dorial Green Beckham because of a quote he might get immediate eligibility with Missouri. I thought I'd do one more year and have 2023 be the last go but decided this week to retire now.

I haven't really enjoyed the Soul season very much the last few years. I find it hard to know which players are actually going to play and also have spent a few too many Saturday nights watching UCLA blowouts at 2am to see who scores the TD that puts them up 30......but I've always enjoyed the draft. When I picked up Phil Steele last week, I expected that player movement would be considerable but it really hit me when scrolling through the pages. The majority of quarterbacks in P5 are musical chair transfers and there are some P5 teams whose entire skill position starting unit are basically purchased from other schools. The combination of excessive player movement, harmful conference changes and new schedule wrinkles leaves me in a place where I'm just not into major college football that much anymore.

The other reasons for leaving now rather than next year are more practical. We are on vacation this year for the first several days of the draft and I've got promotion-related things at work due this fall.

Thanks to Jay for starting this up and to Scott for running it for most of the league's history. An amazing amount of work put in for the draft, waivers, and counting scores.

If I have one regret as I leave, its the one that is quite obvious. Despite his painstaking persistent effort and numerous close calls, Q was never able to win a championship for me to witness.

Now if you don't mind I'm going to crack open a Root Beer and join BurntOrangeHorn and Payton34 in the hot tub out back.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this news sucks. Best of luck.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at the fine print of your contract and since you didn’t notify the league (in writing) before 7/1 you are contractually obligated to provide post draft write ups for the next 5 seasons…

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck Steve. Maybe we will see you back someday. I took a year off then ended up missing it. It was also the same year I got married. ;)

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need your write ups! Don't make DC bring SkinsDevil back

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Navin101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww man, you’ll be missed!

Take the year or two off, go play some minor league baseball and then come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.