• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers game could wind up deciding home field..

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I have to agree that Raid speaks wisdom here (words never before written). The Eagles were never a SB contender and some of you talking about home field advantage were drinking kool-aid. This is a team still rebuilding, with Riley Cooper at WR, Nate Allen at safety, Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher at corner...and some of you actually thought they were going to win a championship? Not this year fellas. The optimistic scenario is a division title and playoff win or two before losing to the better teams in their home stadiums, like Green Bay or Arizona.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax guys, the broncos just got spanked by the rams... its the nfl, sometimes strange things happen.

1. The packers are NOT as good as that score appeared.

2. The amount of holding was insane. If the refs call all the penalties they sat on, greenbay gets its ass handed to them. Rogers had all day to throw and its because our guys were getting brutally held on every play. And thats not an exaggeration. On every pass play at least one guy got held obviously.

3. Mark sanchez got hit in the head twice with no call, meanwhile sanchez got a 15 yard penalty for "blocking below the waste" when A) he wasnt even on the team that was blocking and B) never touched the dude, he literally just fell down to avoid being hit.

So yes, rogers played great, but going over the tape this morning, I saw an egregiously reffed game that gave the packers an advantage no team can beat them with.

We stopped the run, our ends and tackles won their 1 on 1 matchups in the pass rush game, but they cant help it if they get tackled or bearhugged.

Our corners however looked horrible. Billy davis had a brain fart in the first half by playing off, giving those wrs a head start on cold stiff grass. No way anyone is gonna stay with a guy running full steam, when you are having to accelerate to catch a guy after he already had momentum.

Overall, rogers played well, but the pack got A LOT of help.

I called our first two loses, and I really thought and still think we are a better team than the packers.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in summation, when the Eagle win it is because of their superior play and execution, but when they lose, it is because of poor officiating?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, in summation, when the Eagle win it is because of their superior play and execution, but when they lose, it is because of poor officiating?

No - but as officiating is part of the game, they should do their job properly. A team playing badly (and losing badly) is NO REASON to excuse the officiating from being piss poor.

Last night?

As said before - REPEATEDLY:

Against the Pack, the officiating was shoddy, and IMHO quite biased against the Eagles with the non-calls/phantom calls, but with the way the Eagles were playing, the Packers probably (99% certain) would have lost even if the officials would have done their job the way they should.

Against San Francisco, the Eagles were extremely bad - San Francisco consistently outplayed them), and that was definitely NOT the officiating that was a problem there.

Against Arizona, yes, the Eagles made serious mistakes, but the officials helped Arizona across the line, by bad spots in favour of Arizona, blatant non-calls on face-masks/horse collars, including on the final drive (where they picked up the flag).

From quite a few reactions, the same (Arizona receiving material help by officials) again happened last night (with Detroit being the victim).

It looks now as if officiating might well be deciding the race for HFA in the NFC, as well as having a material impact on the outcome of the play off race. And I think HFA in the NFC this year is HUGE.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packer fans forget they just got thier asses kicked in New Orleans and by the SeaHawks. Both road games in tough places to play. The Eagles should actually be undefeated right now, the two losses came down to last second losses. The Eagles lost on the road in a tough place to play and really thier first actual loss. Just like the Packers lost in NO because it is a tough place to play. If they would have been in Philly it would have been another game. I can just say one thing, everybody jumping ship and saying the Eagles are not a contender will be the same people eating shit if they do go on a run.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would have been in Philly it would have been another game. I can just say one thing, everybody jumping ship and saying the Eagles are not a contender will be the same people eating shit if they do go on a run.

What would of been different? Fletcher would of been able to cover Jordy? Our Defensive front would of been all over Rodgers? Davis would of blitzed? Rodgers would of had to play a full game?

Don't fool yourself, theres some half glass full (your term for those realists who aren't afraid to call it how it is) guys out there who weren't on the SB contender ship.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packer fans forget they just got thier asses kicked in New Orleans and by the SeaHawks. Both road games in tough places to play. The Eagles should actually be undefeated right now, the two losses came down to last second losses. The Eagles lost on the road in a tough place to play and really thier first actual loss. Just like the Packers lost in NO because it is a tough place to play. If they would have been in Philly it would have been another game. I can just say one thing, everybody jumping ship and saying the Eagles are not a contender will be the same people eating shit if they do go on a run.

Yes most any Packer fan will admit the Packers got their asses kicked in those 2 games. The thing is that as the NFL season progresses that teams change and teams improve. The Seattle team today is a shell of what it was on opening day they are hammered with injuries. The Packers know how injuries can affect a team as in the previous 2 seasons the Packers were hit the worst of any team and had to play through it. It is part of the NFL and you just have to deal with it. If the Packers played the Seahawks now it would not be the same as the game in week one. The teams have gone in opposite directions.

The Saints game was tied at half neither team was stopping the other until Rodgers pulled a hammy and was lame after that and couldnt do what he was wanting to do not able to put anything into his throws. As I mentioned before injuries happen. Heck Rodgers missed 7 games last season with a broken Collar bone so we know what you are dealing with in Foles situation. If the Packers play the Saints again in the playoffs it wont be in New Orleans. As the Packers being division champs and a better record would host them. So bring them on

Oh and if they play the Seahawks again it will be in GB but the Seahawks will not make the playoffs

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would of been different? Fletcher would of been able to cover Jordy? Our Defensive front would of been all over Rodgers? Davis would of blitzed? Rodgers would of had to play a full game?

Don't fool yourself, theres some half glass full (your term for those realists who aren't afraid to call it how it is) guys out there who weren't on the SB contender ship.
No that is not what it is. Everyweek it is the same thing, you come in and everybody sucks and the Eagles are going to lose and what ever else you whine about. Nobody wants to hear it especially at the beginning of the game. Everybody has been waiting all week to see the game and Mr negadelphia comes in bashing his own team, I mean who's team are you on. Sorry you got so much butthurt from my comment. :bawling:

I don't see the Packer fans giving up on their team, and they lost to the Lions.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes most any Packer fan will admit the Packers got their asses kicked in those 2 games. The thing is that as the NFL season progresses that teams change and teams improve. The Seattle team today is a shell of what it was on opening day they are hammered with injuries. The Packers know how injuries can affect a team as in the previous 2 seasons the Packers were hit the worst of any team and had to play through it. It is part of the NFL and you just have to deal with it. If the Packers played the Seahawks now it would not be the same as the game in week one. The teams have gone in opposite directions.

The Saints game was tied at half neither team was stopping the other until Rodgers pulled a hammy and was lame after that and couldnt do what he was wanting to do not able to put anything into his throws. As I mentioned before injuries happen. Heck Rodgers missed 7 games last season with a broken Collar bone so we know what you are dealing with in Foles situation. If the Packers play the Saints again in the playoffs it wont be in New Orleans. As the Packers being division champs and a better record would host them. So bring them on

Oh and if they play the Seahawks again it will be in GB but the Seahawks will not make the playoffs
I did not mean to word it like that, I meant to really say that Packer fans are not giving up on their team because they lost a game. I just used an example that good teams lose in tough places to play and it is pretty well known that Lambeau is a tough place to play especially when it is cold. It was just unfortunate that the Eagles came off a pretty exciting game on Monday night and then lay an egg the next week. You can see that "nothing" went their way, NOTHING.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that is not what it is. Everyweek it is the same thing, you come in and everybody sucks and the Eagles are going to lose and what ever else you whine about. Nobody wants to hear it especially at the beginning of the game. Everybody has been waiting all week to see the game and Mr negadelphia comes in bashing his own team, I mean who's team are you on. Sorry you got so much butthurt from my comment. :bawling:

I don't see the Packer fans giving up on their team, and they lost to the Lions.

Butthurt...lol. I'd say that's you since I picked the Pack to win. Holy shit if I pick against the Eagles every now and then. Let go of your bitterness...Holy Fuck your worse then a damn woman. I wasn't bashing anyone on the team either (my bad, I said Huff sucked). Clean the sand out Sally.

It's ok to think your team is going to lose one. Just so happens you decided to join a game day thread that I picked against us (yes from the beginning, not half way thru). I was spot on with the way it went down. Wake the fuck up and you might see it to. Lose your green colored glasses.

Not sure what is negative about that. Again, you just can't deal with someone seein shit for what it really is.

You stay on your SB or bust and I will keep on my playoffs and out.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly has good fans and a good team. They just ran into a buzz saw on Sunday, and Rodgers is playing out of his mind, which shouldn't be a suprise, but even to Packer fans, it still amazes us.

To speedy, I get you're a proud fan. But seriously pal, after reading all of your BS in this and several threads, you're just not very bright. Thankfully, you only represent .00001% of an otherwise knowledgable fan base. Your comments this past week should be stored in perpetuity under #homerdeluxe, #refereeblamer, #cluelessandblind.

To the rest of the Philly fans, Best of luck the rest of the way. Still plenty of football to be played!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly has good fans and a good team. They just ran into a buzz saw on Sunday, and Rodgers is playing out of his mind, which shouldn't be a suprise, but even to Packer fans, it still amazes us.

To speedy, I get you're a proud fan. But seriously pal, after reading all of your BS in this and several threads, you're just not very bright. Thankfully, you only represent .00001% of an otherwise knowledgable fan base. Your comments this past week should be stored in perpetuity under #homerdeluxe, #refereeblamer, #cluelessandblind.

To the rest of the Philly fans, Best of luck the rest of the way. Still plenty of football to be played!

Well said.

On another note. Chip would be wise to get the running game going vs the Titans. Their secondary was damn stiff last night, keeping Ben to 200 yards.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said.

On another note. Chip would be wise to get the running game going vs the Titans. Their secondary was damn stiff last night, keeping Ben to 200 yards.

Running game has been a serious problem all season, and it is not completely clear why...

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans blitzed like crazy. Took the Steelers 3 quarters to figure out that if they're blitzing inside, run outside.

My game plan would be lots of outside runs, pitches, and screens.