• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers game could wind up deciding home field..

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Panthers and Texans lines ARE inept.
2) Here's the who's who of quarterbacks the Eagles defense has faced:
- Henne, JAX
- Luck, IND (zero sacks)
- Cousins, WAS
- Kaepernick, SF [L]
- Davis, STL
- E. Manning, NYG
- Palmer, ARI [L]
- Fitzpatrick, HOU
- Newton, CAR

Not exactly a daunting list of opponents or QBs. The one good QB they have faced (Luck), they couldn't get home. And that was with DeMeco Ryans quarterbacking the defense for all but the last game against the lost Panthers.

If the Eagles get to Rodgers consistently I'll give them props; but I don't see it happening.

I think this will be a tough game and Aaron Rogers is a really good QB. Not that I have anything against the pack but I you have only beaten one team with a winning record so far this year and that is Miami. You lost to Seattle, Lions, and Saints.

No doubt the Packers are a good football team but there is no reason to think we can't win this one. I am not sure we are the better team but that doesn't mean I don't think we can't come out with a victory.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a tough game and Aaron Rogers is a really good QB. Not that I have anything against the pack but I you have only beaten one team with a winning record so far this year and that is Miami. You lost to Seattle, Lions, and Saints.

No doubt the Packers are a good football team but there is no reason to think we can't win this one. I am not sure we are the better team but that doesn't mean I don't think we can't come out with a victory.

Yea ...this game is going to answer a lot of questions for both teams.
And they will be answered on the national stage too ...show time.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally id agree with people if they were right, but you are dead wrong. The Packers D is better. Not run defense but pass defense and we've only allowed about 16 PPG at home this season. Mark Sanchez cannot out throw Aaron Rodgers. With a healthy defense we can be one of the best. Mark Sanchez probably will throw a pick in the game. It will be close but I dont thimk you'll score 34 points on us. Especially with Mark Sanchez at QB.

They played the Jets, Vikings, Carolina, and the Bears at home. Not exactly offensive powerhouses.

In fact, other than opening against Seattle, this will be their toughest game by far.

Nobody thought we would shred Carolina's D either. If we get a running game going early I like Phillys chances.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Eagles also have only beaten one team with a winning record as well so I think both teams are still searching for a breakout victory.

DJ4040

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll see. The Packers offensive line has been solid since week 4 and Rodgers has been clicking on all cylinders with his receivers.

The Saints had some success slowing down the Packers offense by playing a base defense and getting home occasionally with their front four, but also give an assist to the New Orleans crowd for disrupting Rodgers communication at the line. It will take the Eagles best game of the year to slow down the Packers offense in Lambeau, and if the Eagles do blitz, they better do a phenomenal job of disguising it pre-snap.

And thanks for keeping your rebuttal civil and coherent. More and more people on this site seem to be losing the ability to debate a topic without personal hostility.

I agree it will take our best game to win, there are a few teams in the league that truly shine on home field and the Pack are one of them. Add in the fact that Rodgers hasn't thrown a pick in Lambeau since 2012 (amazing) and one can see we have our work cut out for us. That said, I really feel we have a defense that will at the very least pressure Rodgers for much of the game. What makes our front 7 different IMO is that we have 2 above average OLB that prevent many QB's from getting outside the pocket. I haven't seen many QB's that can outrun Barwin/Cole (Barwin is our Clay Matthews) and I will be watching that all day. Our 3 down linemen are as solid as we've had here in some time and I feel they will be able to hold up on the inside. I would imagine they will disguise what they're doing all through the game...if they don't they're in for a long day for sure.

Another couple of points to make are that we do have a pretty good offense of our own. If we can sustain drives and put up the points we are accustomed to, we may be in for a shootout. Add to that we have the best special teams unit in the league and that does count for something.

Lots of ifs and buts here, this is why they play the games. Either way it should be a great game to watch.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, its not even close. You have one player in your front 7 that would get playing time with us. And our backups like graham, curry, allen (beau), and Bair would probably start for you guys. Your corners are better, but malcom jenkins is better than any of your safeties including dix. Your defense is one or two players deep, ours is one or two players from being complete.

Btw, our pass rush is gead snd shoulders better than anything you can muster.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait - second most sacks in the league, 4 sacks minimum per game (after first game), have made 3 consecutive O-lines looking completely inept, and quite often without sending extra men... And you argue the Eagles do NOT have the front seven to get to Rodgers consistently.
I notice from living around the country, other teams fans dont look at matchups and strength of both teams. They mostly look at what they think their team is strong at and assumes every opponent looks and matches up the same.

We matchup very well vs green bay. And rogers does have trouble at times vs good center fielding safeties. I think malcom jenkins gets another pick this game.

We are green bays first taste of a quality team, I think offensively we will blow their doors off.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be cold, reaaal cold. High of 28. I'd imagine kickoff temp will be around 24-25, and probably dropping into the teens before the game is over... I'm giving GB the edge here, 35-21.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always just a few games per year that are considered tests. This is one of them. No team plays multiple +.500 teams in a season. Only toward the end of the season do we see these match ups. Green Bay wins because they are at home, The eagles would win if it were in Philly.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be cold, reaaal cold. High of 28. I'd imagine kickoff temp will be around 24-25, and probably dropping into the teens before the game is over... I'm giving GB the edge here, 35-21.

Also heard that there could be a few inches of snow as well.

Welcome to the Frozen Tundra :suds:

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles all pro run blocking line, vs the sub par packers line...

The packers average oline, vs a top 3 defensive front...

In the cold...

Both lines are better than what the packers can handle its a no brainer.

Things like historical winning percentage, mean little to nothing in football when one team has more talent on the lines.

Im telling you, we will win both line battles and thus the game.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles overall imo have better talent, but Aaron Rodgers is incredible. You put Rodgers as the Eagles QB and I think we're easily Super Bowl bound. The only way to limit Rodgers is to send the kitchen sink and "hope" you can either get to him or force Int's. Even if you get into the backfield he can take off for 15-20 using his legs. If the Birds find a way to go to Lambeau and win this one you have to really like their chances of coming out of the NFC. Unfortunately I see the Pack winning this one by 8-10.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, the Packers players aren't from Green Bay. It's not like they have a lifetime of expertise in handling cold better than anyone else.

Second, along those same lines, it gets cold in Philly too.

Also, I would imagine the cold would favor the team with the better OLine and defense. Both edge Eagles.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think some of you realize what you are seeing.

Sanchez is a REAL QB. Dude isnt punch drunk, or scared in the pocket. He shredded car if you take away the drops dude has a 400 yard game.

And the packers defense might be worse than Carolinas.

They have no running game, a very average oline and a front 7 that is above average only because the good mathews brother is in it.

Our defense is better than theirs and outside of rogers, and our corners, id take our weapons and players over green bays on both sides of the ball, including a healthy ryans over clay mathews of the last two seasons.

Rogers is the best player in the nfl, so he will find a way to score.

But I will continue my undefeated eagles game calling.

Keys

Rogers will score, he going to complete passes. We must destroy nelson and Co every time they touch the ball. Even if it means taking a penalty, we need to stop rogers by beating his weapons into the ground.

Hit rogers, and hit him hard.

Clog up the middle. They can not and will not bounce it outside the tackles. Force lacey to run into a messy middle and dare his slow ass to bounce it outside.

On offense, wherever clay mathews lines up, throw his direction. Thinking is, they want him rushing the passer. And if they are dumb enough to put him in coverage sproles on mathews is a huge win for us. They have decent corners and good depth, but mathews in the slot is gonna beast mode. We can put up 40 on these guys.

Final score

Eagles 34

Packers 31

Packers score late to make it interesting, but I think we score early and often and rogers plays catchup all game long.

I want some of what you are smoking there is so much wrong with this post and we can talk about it after the game so you can see where you are wrong.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played the Jets, Vikings, Carolina, and the Bears at home. Not exactly offensive powerhouses.

In fact, other than opening against Seattle, this will be their toughest game by far.

Nobody thought we would shred Carolina's D either. If we get a running game going early I like Phillys chances.

Carolinas D sucks it is not hard to shred. The Packers had them 38 - 3 after 3 quarters a few weeks back and sat people down in the 4th quarter. I wouldnt hang my head to high on shredding the Carolina D

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles all pro run blocking line, vs the sub par packers line...

The packers average oline, vs a top 3 defensive front...

In the cold...

Both lines are better than what the packers can handle its a no brainer.

Things like historical winning percentage, mean little to nothing in football when one team has more talent on the lines.

Im telling you, we will win both line battles and thus the game.

Who are you trying to convince, yourself or others?

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, the Packers players aren't from Green Bay. It's not like they have a lifetime of expertise in handling cold better than anyone else.

Second, along those same lines, it gets cold in Philly too.

Also, I would imagine the cold would favor the team with the better OLine and defense. Both edge Eagles.

Oh, I know, I was just saying, it's gonna be cold.

I think Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson team up to teabag our shitty CB's and that's why I have the Pack kicking their asses.

Hope I'm wrong, but shit, fastest white guy in the league and probably the best QB out there right now, against our shitty secondary? C'mon, man, Rodgers is going to throw at least 4 touchdowns and 300 yards. Even if you bring pressure on Rodgers, the dude has great pocket awareness, seems to always know right when he's gotta dump the ball. He's a cut above most other QB's in the game today with one notable exception in Manning.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know, I was just saying, it's gonna be cold.

I think Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson team up to teabag our shitty CB's and that's why I have the Pack kicking their asses.

Hope I'm wrong, but shit, fastest white guy in the league and probably the best QB out there right now, against our shitty secondary? C'mon, man, Rodgers is going to throw at least 4 touchdowns and 300 yards. Even if you bring pressure on Rodgers, the dude has great pocket awareness, seems to always know right when he's gotta dump the ball. He's a cut above most other QB's in the game today with one notable exception in Manning.

Lol. Rodgers and Nelson are going to smoke Carey Williams and Fletcher. I feel bad for my boy Malcolm Jenkins. I don't see us winning at all in Lambeau. I do think it will be close but GB simply doesn't lose at home. I'll take Rodgers anyday over anything we have plugged into Kelly's system. Go Eagles!!

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you trying to convince, yourself or others?
On offense, every person on our line accept for our right guard is either all pro or bowl caliber players... LT, LG, C and RT.

On defense, not one of your players outside of mathews would start in our front 7. We are 2nd in the nfl in sacks, and so far this year the three best players on defense all play for the eagles

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense, every person on our line accept for our right guard is either all pro or bowl caliber players... LT, LG, C and RT.

On defense, not one of your players outside of mathews would start in our front 7. We are 2nd in the nfl in sacks, and so far this year the three best players on defense all play for the eagles

Stats Schats. That still doesn't answer my question.