• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers game could wind up deciding home field..

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona has the best record but just lost their QB & quite they have a few tough div. games left. Packers have a fairly easy schedule coming up. Gotta win this one or we will most likely be headed there again the playoffs. We can probably only afford to lose 1 more game & still get home field & this aint the one.

HUGE GAME!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first prediction for this game is:
Birds - 41
Pack - 34

I reserve the right to change this by Sunday.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona has the best record but just lost their QB & quite they have a few tough div. games left. Packers have a fairly easy schedule coming up. Gotta win this one or we will most likely be headed there again the playoffs. We can probably only afford to lose 1 more game & still get home field & this aint the one.

HUGE GAME!

You just lost your QB too. Just saying. I know Sanchez played well but the Cards are also 3-1 with Stanton starting this season. Only loss coming to the Broncos in Denver. I wouldn't sleep on Arizona.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers 37

Birds 20

DJ4040

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt this is a huge game and an upset would really make any doubters accept this team as a legitimate contender.

Unfortunately, I don't see us winning this game. I'd love to be wrong of course, but I think this is a home field win for either team meaning if we were home we'd win and vice versa. The only way I see us winning is if our pass rush can get to Rodgers, plain and simple. If we don't get to him, our clueless DB's will be roasted all day long and we'll see 35 points scored on us in no time.

That said, I like our chances regardless of this game. If we fall to 7-3, we're still in pretty good shape with games still remaining against the Seahawks and Titans at home along with our divisional matchups.

As far as the conference and playoffs, I'm not a believer in Arizona even if they had Palmer. I felt they were lucky our inept secondary handed them the game to begin with and losing Palmer is a huge blow compared to us losing Foles. I'd go back there all day to play them. The teams I'm worried about are the Pack and Seattle. Playing either of them at home or on the road in the playoffs would be insanely tough IMO.

But as I said, I'm not really confident going into this game.

Packers 34
Eagles 24

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HUGE GAME!

You just lost your starter, You are tied for wins with the Cowboys who you still have to play twice and up coming games against the Packers and Hawks.

...but your concern is home field advantage?

My fellow cowboy fans would rip me apart if I ever overlooked winning the division.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see more of Sanchez before I get too happy. Yes he had a nice game, but he didn't face much pressure as Carolina hasn't been a good D all year and the Birds were at home. Now, if Sanchez goes up to Green Bay and either gets a Win or shows well in a close loss ... then I'll start feeling a bit better. I wasn't feeling all that good about how Foles was playing this year, so it's not like Sanchez can't at least give us what Foles was giving us even if he doesn't set the world on fire.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The edge goes to the Packers. Sanchez had the benefit of 5 turnovers caused by the Eagles last week. That will not happen against Green Bay. Unless the Eagles run 50% of the time Sanchez will fold. With a run game intact this will be a close game. IMO.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The edge goes to the Packers. Sanchez had the benefit of 5 turnovers caused by the Eagles last week. That will not happen against Green Bay. Unless the Eagles run 50% of the time Sanchez will fold. With a run game intact this will be a close game. IMO.

Close like under 5?

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think some of you realize what you are seeing.

Sanchez is a REAL QB. Dude isnt punch drunk, or scared in the pocket. He shredded car if you take away the drops dude has a 400 yard game.

And the packers defense might be worse than Carolinas.

They have no running game, a very average oline and a front 7 that is above average only because the good mathews brother is in it.

Our defense is better than theirs and outside of rogers, and our corners, id take our weapons and players over green bays on both sides of the ball, including a healthy ryans over clay mathews of the last two seasons.

Rogers is the best player in the nfl, so he will find a way to score.

But I will continue my undefeated eagles game calling.

Keys

Rogers will score, he going to complete passes. We must destroy nelson and Co every time they touch the ball. Even if it means taking a penalty, we need to stop rogers by beating his weapons into the ground.

Hit rogers, and hit him hard.

Clog up the middle. They can not and will not bounce it outside the tackles. Force lacey to run into a messy middle and dare his slow ass to bounce it outside.

On offense, wherever clay mathews lines up, throw his direction. Thinking is, they want him rushing the passer. And if they are dumb enough to put him in coverage sproles on mathews is a huge win for us. They have decent corners and good depth, but mathews in the slot is gonna beast mode. We can put up 40 on these guys.

Final score

Eagles 34

Packers 31

Packers score late to make it interesting, but I think we score early and often and rogers plays catchup all game long.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just lost your starter, You are tied for wins with the Cowboys who you still have to play twice and up coming games against the Packers and Hawks.

...but your concern is home field advantage?

My fellow cowboy fans would rip me apart if I ever overlooked winning the division.
Because your team will always find a way to finish 8-8... seriously, I just got back from cowgirl country. You guys are like cubs fans. Your team always finds a way to gutt punch you when it hurts the most... shit is brutal to watch. Lol

Chrisisjoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sanchez is a REAL QB. Dude isnt punch drunk, or scared in the pocket. He shredded car if you take away the drops dude has a 400 yard game.

They have no running game, a very average oline and a front 7 that is above average only because the good mathews brother is in it.

Our defense is better than theirs and outside of rogers, and our corners, id take our weapons and players over green bays on both sides of the ball, including a healthy ryans over clay mathews of the last two seasons.

Keys

Rogers will score, he going to complete passes. We must destroy nelson and Co every time they touch the ball. Even if it means taking a penalty, we need to stop rogers by beating his weapons into the ground.

Clog up the middle. They can not and will not bounce it outside the tackles. Force lacey to run into a messy middle and dare his slow ass to bounce it outside.

On offense, wherever clay mathews lines up, throw his direction. Thinking is, they want him rushing the passer. And if they are dumb enough to put him in coverage sproles on mathews is a huge win for us. They have decent corners and good depth, but mathews in the slot is gonna beast mode. We can put up 40 on these guys.

Final score

Eagles 34

Packers 31

Packers score late to make it interesting, but I think we score early and often and rogers plays catchup all game long.

Normally id agree with people if they were right, but you are dead wrong. The Packers D is better. Not run defense but pass defense and we've only allowed about 16 PPG at home this season. Mark Sanchez cannot out throw Aaron Rodgers. With a healthy defense we can be one of the best. Mark Sanchez probably will throw a pick in the game. It will be close but I dont thimk you'll score 34 points on us. Especially with Mark Sanchez at QB.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a damn good game that anyone can win. Packers are at home, so they have the advantage but its not like the Eagles arent used to playing in cold weather.

I thought this was a loss for the longest but Im getting more confident about this game as we get closer to it.

Eagles 27
Packers 24

Might come down to who has it last.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Keys

Final score

Eagles 34

Packers 31

:agree: Plus my prediction is 41-34 Eagles. BTW - who have the Pack beaten, and lost to?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Packers' offensive line struggles in the first half of the Jets game, Aaron Rodgers has annihilated defenses in Lambeau this year. The ONLY way to stop Rodgers in Lambeau is by steamrolling the offensive line, which has been much-improved since early in the season when they had to throw a rookie into the lineup on short notice. The Eagles do not have a defensive front able to consistently get to Rodgers quick enough.

The Eagles have the offensive skill to keep the game close, but they'll need a few gifts from the Packers and refs to get the W.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Packers' offensive line struggles in the first half of the Jets game, Aaron Rodgers has annihilated defenses in Lambeau this year. The ONLY way to stop Rodgers in Lambeau is by steamrolling the offensive line, which has been much-improved since early in the season when they had to throw a rookie into the lineup on short notice. The Eagles do not have a defensive front able to consistently get to Rodgers quick enough.

The Eagles have the offensive skill to keep the game close, but they'll need a few gifts from the Packers and refs to get the W.

Wait - second most sacks in the league, 4 sacks minimum per game (after first game), have made 3 consecutive O-lines looking completely inept, and quite often without sending extra men... And you argue the Eagles do NOT have the front seven to get to Rodgers consistently.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who have the Pack beaten, and lost to?

Lost in Seattle
Lost in Detroit
Lost in New Orleans

All three losses were against loud, active, hostile crowds that constantly disrupted Rodgers' communication with his teammates. All three losses came against good, fired-up defensive fronts that got to Rodgers. All three losses came against legit playoff contenders in their building; two of which were early in the season when the offensive line was trying to acclimate a rookie center.

In three of the Packers four home wins, the second team offense finished out the game because the first team built such a large lead.

Their two road wins were a blowout in Soldier Field and a last-second victory against a very strong Dolphins team.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait - second most sacks in the league, 4 sacks minimum per game (after first game), have made 3 consecutive O-lines looking completely inept, and quite often without sending extra men... And you argue the Eagles do NOT have the front seven to get to Rodgers consistently.

1) Panthers and Texans lines ARE inept.
2) Here's the who's who of quarterbacks the Eagles defense has faced:
- Henne, JAX
- Luck, IND (zero sacks)
- Cousins, WAS
- Kaepernick, SF [L]
- Davis, STL
- E. Manning, NYG
- Palmer, ARI [L]
- Fitzpatrick, HOU
- Newton, CAR

Not exactly a daunting list of opponents or QBs. The one good QB they have faced (Luck), they couldn't get home. And that was with DeMeco Ryans quarterbacking the defense for all but the last game against the lost Panthers.

If the Eagles get to Rodgers consistently I'll give them props; but I don't see it happening.

DJ4040

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there is 1 thing the Eagles have, it's definitely a very good front 7. As a matter of fact, this will most likely be the best front 7 you see all year. IMO the whole game hinges on this....it's only a matter of whether or not they aren't psyched out by a hostile crowd on the road. I have no doubt they will overmatch the Packers offensive line, it's what Rodgers does as a result that concerns me. There is no better QB in the league at throwing on the run than Rodgers and our secondary pretty much blows. That said, I think Rodgers will do enough to win the game, but I think your statement on the Eagles front 7 not being able to consistently get to the QB is way off. Rodgers will be running around plenty, that's for sure.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is 1 thing the Eagles have, it's definitely a very good front 7. As a matter of fact, this will most likely be the best front 7 you see all year. IMO the whole game hinges on this....it's only a matter of whether or not they aren't psyched out by a hostile crowd on the road. I have no doubt they will overmatch the Packers offensive line, it's what Rodgers does as a result that concerns me. There is no better QB in the league at throwing on the run than Rodgers and our secondary pretty much blows. That said, I think Rodgers will do enough to win the game, but I think your statement on the Eagles front 7 not being able to consistently get to the QB is way off. Rodgers will be running around plenty, that's for sure.

I guess we'll see. The Packers offensive line has been solid since week 4 and Rodgers has been clicking on all cylinders with his receivers.

The Saints had some success slowing down the Packers offense by playing a base defense and getting home occasionally with their front four, but also give an assist to the New Orleans crowd for disrupting Rodgers communication at the line. It will take the Eagles best game of the year to slow down the Packers offense in Lambeau, and if the Eagles do blitz, they better do a phenomenal job of disguising it pre-snap.

And thanks for keeping your rebuttal civil and coherent. More and more people on this site seem to be losing the ability to debate a topic without personal hostility.