• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post-week nine schedule and chances at winning the division

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeing how KC is a toss up. KC should be fairly favored
They will be favored by a decent chunk for sure unless Mahomes goes down beforehand. The Hawks are still not getting much respect in Vegas. Underdogs last week against a team they had already beaten by double digits...beat them by 10 again and now it looks like the opening line vs TB is Hawks +2.5. Seattle has 4 straight double digit wins and yet a team with a losing record is favored? Will be interesting to see how that line moves during the week.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks are going to be the underdogs all season because of Geno.

Right now Geno is 3rd all time in completion in a season. That's smart play calling and effective play.

The offense is well balanced. Good running attack, tight ends are the focus of the passing attack while Tyler and DK provide real home run threats in different ways.

The defense is the real wildcard. It has been a top 10 defense the last 5 weeks. If that continues they will be a very difficult out

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have the TB vs Sea game as a home game for both teams lol i don't understand why so many of you think it's a "slotted" Home game.. It's an Away game because if you count that as a home game Seattle had 10 Home games this year LMAO! They had 8 Home games and 9 Away games last season so this season they get 9 Home games and 8 away.

TB got 8 home games last season and only 8 this season with the game in Germany counting as their 9th Home game. Sucks for them.

PS.
17 game season needs to move to 18 games ASAP fuck the 3rd Preseason game dump it and go 18! Then give EVERY TEAM a bye week after week 9. They could do a Midseason skills contest or something fun for the players that doesn't put them at risk of injury. QB Challenge? Fastest man? etc etc etc, and dump the probowl as it's just a popularity contest anyway.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win the Niners game, split with the Rams and take care of the rest of the NFC games the Hawks should take the division.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have the TB vs Sea game as a home game for both teams lol i don't understand why so many of you think it's a "slotted" Home game.. It's an Away game because if you count that as a home game Seattle had 10 Home games this year LMAO! They had 8 Home games and 9 Away games last season so this season they get 9 Home games and 8 away.

TB got 8 home games last season and only 8 this season with the game in Germany counting as their 9th Home game. Sucks for them.

PS.
17 game season needs to move to 18 games ASAP fuck the 3rd Preseason game dump it and go 18! Then give EVERY TEAM a bye week after week 9. They could do a Midseason skills contest or something fun for the players that doesn't put them at risk of injury. QB Challenge? Fastest man? etc etc etc, and dump the probowl as it's just a popularity contest anyway.

Couldn't they just do 8 home 8 away and 1 neutral field for every team?
I oppose an 18 game schedule.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't they just do 8 home 8 away and 1 neutral field for every team?
I oppose an 18 game schedule.

I oppose a 17 game schedule where home and away games are not even, I oppose playing games on Thursday night or in a time zone that's a 5+ hours changed ( 9 for Germany game It's 6:30 AM Friday for them ( 8:30PM THURSDAY for us ).

I support equity, parity and wage scales for players and would Love to see every division have 5+ teams who they play twice a year. I support 18 games and seeing as they want to expand the playoffs so NO ONE has a bye week they need to expand the league. When half the league makes the playoffs then your playoff set up is "Broken!"

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeing how KC is a toss up. KC should be fairly favored

Can't imagine Seattle getting favored in that one. The one thing Seattle DOES have going for it, is they get pressure (at least as of late) with their front 4 (2-3 down + 2 EDGE) and do not rely on the blitz (he struggles - and I mean that softly - when 7 drop back). Mahomes is one of the best QBs against the blitz but that's not how Seattle has been generating pressure (which actually they've soared up the rankings the last few weeks in that regard - I think getting Harris to 100% health was key in that and the guys are adapting a bit more to the new system).

I'd say MAAAAYBE a toss up (health of course as it is now) if it were in Seattle, but the fact it's in KC I don't see Seattle winning that. The last 5 games Seattle has, 4 are in Seattle... the only one being away KC.... I see all 4 of those in Seattle's favor and winnable which at 10-7 (assuming they lose to the Bucs, Rams, and Raiders - which I don't see happening, they'll prob. win at least 1) - a wild card is possible.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I oppose a 17 game schedule where home and away games are not even, I oppose playing games on Thursday night or in a time zone that's a 5+ hours changed ( 9 for Germany game It's 6:30 AM Friday for them ( 8:30PM THURSDAY for us ).

I support equity, parity and wage scales for players and would Love to see every division have 5+ teams who they play twice a year. I support 18 games and seeing as they want to expand the playoffs so NO ONE has a bye week they need to expand the league. When half the league makes the playoffs then your playoff set up is "Broken!"
expanding the league when some teams are completely devoid of talent is dangerous. They would have to add 8 teams, which could take a decade and would unbalance the league in my opinion.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say that these guys have taken us COMPLETELY by surprise is a bit of an understatement. After dealing RW away, one would think we had a long road ahead of us, trying to rebuild from the ground up. The changes in some assistant coaching positions help a great deal, esp on defense, but how long would it take before we can adapt?

Though it's by this point we realize two things: 1. Carroll does not believe in "rebuilding." 2. He most certainly doesn't believe in "tanking," either, where anyone else in this position would be desperate to shop for better draft picks in order to try and beef things up here and there.

Of course, higher draft picks don't necessarily mean the help you may need, that's something to consider. Whatever it is they're doing, it's actually working, even with Geno having the Season of His Career!