• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Out of the frying pan, into the fire - BOS in town for a 4 game weekend set 4/29 - 5/2

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is the night I start to feel better about Arihara. We'll see.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he may or may not ever reach the level that we thought he would, but I do think he is being held back right now by him listening too much to his coaches. I think if he goes elsewhere that he will have a resurgence much like Elvis did after Wash left. Now, what level he gets back to is beyond me, but I think it will be closer to what he did prior to last year than what he is doing this year.

One thing is sure, he has lost a great deal of trade value.

Possibly.

But Wash basically forced Elvis to adhere to his approach. Love it or hate it, Wash had a plan in mind and he stuck to it. But yeah, Elvis was hindered by it. I honestly don't know what the hell Woodward's plan or approach is, so I can't say that Gallo is being held back by it.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the K's live on.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arihara's numbers in Japan never impressed me. Comparing his numbers in Japan with some other pitchers who came here after pitching in Japan, shows that he was never going to have nearly as much success as some of the other guys. I am really glad they only signed him for two years.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arihara's numbers in Japan never impressed me. Comparing his numbers in Japan with some other pitchers who came here after pitching in Japan, shows that he was never going to have nearly as much success as some of the other guys. I am really glad they only signed him for two years.
Likewise

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stat I found interesting...

the Marlins are the only team in the NL East with a positive run differential... and they're in last place.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. We need big bats as well.
We do have needs in different areas, but it sure would be good to have one of those pitchers. If the best hitter was a college player that we didn't have to wait on for 4 or 5 years, I would be a lot more willing to draft a hitter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely, the first year Lawlar will be ready to be up here on Opening Day is 2026. By then Trevino, Lowe, Solak, Dunning, Cody and Calhoun are all in their thirties.

Leiter and Rocker could both begin 2024 in the big leagues.

They can go after a hitter with every other pick in the draft and I would be fine with it. I really think it would be a mistake to not take one of those pitchers unless one gets injured between now and then.

Please Pirates, pick Lawlar!!!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stat I found interesting...

the Marlins are the only team in the NL East with a positive run differential... and they're in last place.
That kind of thing is a lot more likely to happen when none of the teams in the division have a winning record.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely, the first year Lawlar will be ready to be up here on Opening Day is 2026. By then Trevino, Lowe, Solak, Dunning, Cody and Calhoun are all in their thirties.

Leiter and Rocker could both begin 2024 in the big leagues.

They can go after a hitter with every other pick in the draft and I would be fine with it. I really think it would be a mistake to not take one of those pitchers unless one gets injured between now and then.

Please Pirates, pick Lawlar!!!
I can't agree more. One
thing we often over look is age and how it fits with current situations. Re. Lawlar would likely never see some of our today players so let's get a pitcher and a hitter if one is out there.