• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head west for a 2 game set against the Giants: TEX v SF 5/10-11

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Woodward's approach to this. Basically, the idea is if you have problems hitting change-ups or if you have problems hitting lefties, then you need to see them more often. I have seen managers start platooning players really early in their career and they never get used to hitting against lefties. I think Woodward has the right idea.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like you're trying to make two different points, about nothing being a sure thing, and also that analysts shouldn't be listened to?

Nothing is a sure thing and the analysts are being subjective on what they see at that particular game/day. I take what they say with a grain of salt because of what I've seen transpire in the sport over the last almost 60 years.

Let me ask you this what tool(s) is the most important tool a position player can have in his arsenal, the one(s) if he's good at it will more than likely ensure he becomes a regular player in a MLB dugout (no matter the ratings on his other tools)???

And by arsenal I mean field, run, throw, hit and power. You know what I mean it's the system that is used to rate the players, what "subjectively" determines how good they are...

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is a sure thing and the analysts are being subjective on what they see at that particular game/day. I take what they say with a grain of salt because of what I've seen transpire in the sport over the last almost 60 years.

Let me ask you this what tool(s) is the most important tool a position player can have in his arsenal, the one(s) if he's good at it will more than likely ensure he becomes a regular player in a MLB dugout (no matter the ratings on his other tools)???

And by arsenal I mean field, run, throw, hit and power. You know what I mean it's the system that is used to rate the players, what "subjectively" determines how good they are...

Hitting, in my amateur opinion.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting, in my amateur opinion.
You got it right hitting trumps all to a certain extent because it's the hardest one of the skills to master, defense is second and the others you were born with or you weren't...

So you have to wonder how many prospects were drafted high because the team was "hoping" they could teach them the most important/hardest skill...

So a prospect is a prospect is a prospect...

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it right hitting trumps all to a certain extent because it's the hardest one of the skills to master, defense is second and the others you were born with or you weren't...

So you have to wonder how many prospects were drafted high because the team was "hoping" they could teach them the most important/hardest skill...

So a prospect is a prospect is a prospect...
Which is why I like Willie because he has the hitting tool but the great teams have great defenders too. By the book defense up the middle but the elite teams have great SS and CF defensively and offensively IMO. This is how you build.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Young is doing an AMA on Reddit this Thursday

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the book defense up the middle but the elite teams have great SS and CF defensively and offensively IMO.
Not many of those players out there being great at both, most teams are scrambling to find players who are decent at both...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I like Willie because he has the hitting tool but the great teams have great defenders too. By the book defense up the middle but the elite teams have great SS and CF defensively and offensively IMO. This is how you build.
I wonder if that CF turns out to be one of our current MIF prospects. Or, maybe it will be clear by the end of the year that it will be Evan Carter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, to find out exactly why Leiter was shut down at the last minute this past Saturday.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, to find out exactly why Leiter was shut down at the last minute this past Saturday.
The article I found claimed they were giving him the weekend off to rest, so take that for what you think it's worth...

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article I found claimed they were giving him the weekend off to rest, so take that for what you think it's worth...
What some were questioning is why they didn't announce that earlier if that was really the case? I guess it will all come out eventually.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Ragans had a good outing tonight. 4 innings, 3 hits, 2 walks, only 1 run and 5 strikeouts. The poor guy has been through so much. Glad to see him do well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another good outing from Tyler Phillils and one from Jake Latz as well.