• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head west for a 2 game set against the Giants: TEX v SF 5/10-11

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Chris Halicke's mailbag article.

With all of the bright moments we’ve seen from the team this season, what moves do you think we see by the trade deadline or this offseason? Who do we keep/extend vs who do we move or go after? Instead of a team built around Gallo, is Isiah Kiner-Falefa the new face?

Since I've already discussed the trade deadline plenty, I'll go with what the Rangers may do next winter.

From sources I've spoken with, corroborated by several national reporters, the Rangers are planning to make a play for Trevor Story. There will certainly be a long list of clubs wanting to pounce on arguably the best shortstop class we've ever seen in free agency. The Rangers will have to outbid some clubs, and contrary to what the "ownership is cheap" crowd believes, if the Rangers think they are on the cusp of contending in a year or two, they'll offer the big bucks.

If the Rangers do land Story or one of the other shortstops, that kind of raises the question of what to do with Isiah Kiner-Falefa. He is under club control through 2023. Do the Rangers keep him at shortstop and ask a big money free agent to change positions? Does Kiner-Falefa willingly go to second or third base? If so, what of Nick Solak or Josh Jung? These are questions that remain to be answered. And that is why I'm not the general manager of a baseball club.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Chris Halicke's mailbag article.

With all of the bright moments we’ve seen from the team this season, what moves do you think we see by the trade deadline or this offseason? Who do we keep/extend vs who do we move or go after? Instead of a team built around Gallo, is Isiah Kiner-Falefa the new face?

Since I've already discussed the trade deadline plenty, I'll go with what the Rangers may do next winter.

From sources I've spoken with, corroborated by several national reporters, the Rangers are planning to make a play for Trevor Story. There will certainly be a long list of clubs wanting to pounce on arguably the best shortstop class we've ever seen in free agency. The Rangers will have to outbid some clubs, and contrary to what the "ownership is cheap" crowd believes, if the Rangers think they are on the cusp of contending in a year or two, they'll offer the big bucks.

If the Rangers do land Story or one of the other shortstops, that kind of raises the question of what to do with Isiah Kiner-Falefa. He is under club control through 2023. Do the Rangers keep him at shortstop and ask a big money free agent to change positions? Does Kiner-Falefa willingly go to second or third base? If so, what of Nick Solak or Josh Jung? These are questions that remain to be answered. And that is why I'm not the general manager of a baseball club.
That rumor has been floating around for awhile now and I doubt you'll ever see him in a Ranger uniform but hey whatever. I'm guessing they'll want to put him at 3rd because of the bat and that he's getting to the age he'll soon be losing a step...

They've had him at 3B in the past and his fielding % is .928 cumulative so make of that what you will. It's been 6 years since he's played it, has his defense gotten better since then and they think he can play it now :think: