• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers at the Los Angeles Angels (9/5 - 9/7)

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be good enough to win these games they've been losing the last few weeks. Even with an offense that has gone MIA at times the team had a better record than Texas did in 2010 and 11 at this point.

They're healthy now. Other than the common dents and dings that every single team in baseball has by September, they don't have one single major injury among their hitters. How would they be winning these recent games? They ARE healthy and they're still losing.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're healthy now. Other than the common dents and dings that every single team in baseball has by September, they don't have one single major injury among their hitters. How would they be winning these recent games? They ARE healthy and they're still losing.

not really, we lost Harry(that was a killer) and Colby

they aren't ALL healthy
just sayin

I get your point though

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not healthy now. That's what you don't seem to understand. They all came back before they were entirely ready and it's been affecting their performance. Beltre has been nursing those hamstrings all year and continues to play every inning of every game. Kinsler is being worn out despite missing nearly a month on the DL. Mitch has not been the same since his yearly DL stint with a hamstring. Baker hasn't been the same guy since breaking his hand. But you continue to tell me there are healthy and ready to roll. That's not true. The guys that need time off need a full day off and not just a DH game.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really, we lost Harry(that was a killer) and Colby

they aren't ALL healthy
just sayin

I get your point though

We're talking strictly offense here Lainey, not pitching. My statement was that JD is to blame for this year's anemic offense and Rev is arguing that they're not bad and that they would be better if healthy.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the fact our pitching seems to have a problem putting guys away w 2 strikes and the meatball to Trumbo when Garza couldn't keep the ball down during that half inning doesnt help. Like Rev said fuck Garza and same goes for Wash and I don't know what Maddux can do but he certainly doesn't seem to be helping much. He waited to go to the mound until Garza had already shit the bed

Maddux needs to make more noise if he is letting Wash make these calls without a fight, he has some responsibility in this

and some fans think he's a good replacement, I'm not sure about that.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking strictly offense here Lainey, not pitching. My statement was that JD is to blame for this year's anemic offense and Rev is arguing that they're not bad and that they would be better if healthy.

alright, I'll stay out of it

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn to read...You are having a totally different discussion than I am. But that's what you seem to do.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, I'll stay out of it
No, by all means get involved. This guy is only interested in his argument, and doesn't see the fact that I never defended the Berkman signing, nor did I ever say the offense was great. I said they were good enough to win with the pitching staff we have, and if they were all healthy it wouldn't be so frustrating.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not healthy now. That's what you don't seem to understand. They all came back before they were entirely ready and it's been affecting their performance. Beltre has been nursing those hamstrings all year and continues to play every inning of every game. Kinsler is being worn out despite missing nearly a month on the DL. Mitch has not been the same since his yearly DL stint with a hamstring. Baker hasn't been the same guy since breaking his hand. But you continue to tell me there are healthy and ready to roll. That's not true. The guys that need time off need a full day off and not just a DH game.

Every team is that banged up. Do you think the Rangers are the only team with guys playing with sore muscles and nagging pains? For a MLB team in September, they ARE healthy. They are all capable of playing right now. That is more than most teams can say. And other teams have major players on the DL and playing through nagging injuries and they're still putting up lots of offense. Why? Because their hitters are better than ours.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maddux needs to make more noise if he is letting Wash make these calls without a fight, he has some responsibility in this

A good replacement would be the guy whose team we play Monday. Clint Hurdle. Look what he's doing with Pittsburgh. We should be so lucky.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the fact our pitching seems to have a problem putting guys away w 2 strikes and the meatball to Trumbo when Garza couldn't keep the ball down during that half inning doesnt help. Like Rev said fuck Garza and same goes for Wash and I don't know what Maddux can do but he certainly doesn't seem to be helping much. He waited to go to the mound until Garza had already shit the bed

Garza sucked, but I think you would agree it's still on the manager to get him out of there.
We have enough arms without blowing the pen for the next two games

I was screaming about not pulling Yu the last game, and no one agreed...he was horrible and you could seem him starting to crack.
Although in that instance we would have lost anyway, but still.
I understand you can't pull every starter when they are getting hit, but we have some arms, give us a chance once in awhile before the game is out of control

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team is that banged up. Do you think the Rangers are the only team with guys playing with sore muscles and nagging pains? For a MLB team in September, they ARE healthy. They are all capable of playing right now. That is more than most teams can say. And other teams have major players on the DL and playing through nagging injuries and they're still putting up lots of offense. Why? Because their hitters are better than ours.
Enough of the bullshit every team is banged up stuff. Texas has been ravaged by injuries this year, but someone managed to get to 80-60. Texas has had to use 12 different starting pitchers this year. That's actually nearly the most in the AL, and it def is the most out of contenders. This isn't just normal wear and tear stuff, this is Texas getting hit hard by the injury bug. That is not the FO's fault. You keep saying they are healthy and it's not true. Stop saying it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way to know Maddux has no track record to go on. I'm not sure about Maddux ability to manage the team. Although the Rangers went to 2 WS w Wash at the helm he has proven time after time he makes poor managerial decisions at crucial times in games that costs the team wins, whether any Wash apologists will admit it or not. Team needs a proven guy, though I don't know who that would be at this time

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn to read...You are having a totally different discussion than I am. But that's what you seem to do.

Take your own advice. You're the one going in circles trying to cover your own ridiculous gaps in logic. My original statement was that JD is to blame for assembling such a mediocre and powerless offense. You rushed to his defense saying that injuries were more to blame than just lack of talent. It's all right there in black and white.

But now you are going so far as to say that the Rangers aren't healthy because they aren't totally healed and that if they were they would be winning games. News flash- no team ever in the history of baseball has been 100% perfectly healed at any point of any season. There is always at least one player nursing something. So you can't just say that nagging pains are keeping the Rangers off the scoreboard. They haven't in the past and they're not doing it to other teams in 2013. The Rangers are not under-performing so badly on offense because of their health. That is nonsense.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, by all means get involved. This guy is only interested in his argument, and doesn't see the fact that I never defended the Berkman signing, nor did I ever say the offense was great. I said they were good enough to win with the pitching staff we have, and if they were all healthy it wouldn't be so frustrating.

I just don't feel like debating with fans right now, we are all frustrated...you do just fine on your own anyway, lol

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your own advice. You're the one going in circles trying to cover your own ridiculous gaps in logic. My original statement was that JD is to blame for assembling such a mediocre and powerless offense. You rushed to his defense saying that injuries were more to blame than just lack of talent. It's all right there in black and white.

But now you are going so far as to say that the Rangers aren't healthy because they aren't totally healed and that if they were they would be winning games. News flash- no team ever in the history of baseball has been 100% perfectly healed at any point of any season. There is always at least one player nursing something. So you can't just say that nagging pains are keeping the Rangers off the scoreboard. They haven't in the past and they're not doing it to other teams in 2013. The Rangers are not under-performing so badly on offense because of their health. That is nonsense.
Mother fucker I never said it was all because of health. I am only replying to the bullshit you POST.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't feel like debating with fans right now, we are all frustrated...you do just fine on your own anyway, lol
He's not even worth it further. Just gonna ignore him. He likes to start shit. Did it last Friday with people not liking Gina Miller.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way to know Maddux has no track record to go on. I'm not sure about Maddux ability to manage the team. Although the Rangers went to 2 WS w Wash at the helm he has proven time after time he makes poor managerial decisions at crucial times in games that costs the team wins, whether any Wash apologists will admit it or not. Team needs a proven guy, though I don't know who that would be at this time

I don't know who either....JD has to figure that out.

you won't get me to agree that Wash lost that WS though.
but, it is what it is, I really don't want to revisit that either.