• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers at the Los Angeles Angels (9/5 - 9/7)

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough of the bullshit every team is banged up stuff. Texas has been ravaged by injuries this year, but someone managed to get to 80-60. Texas has had to use 12 different starting pitchers this year. That's actually nearly the most in the AL, and it def is the most out of contenders. This isn't just normal wear and tear stuff, this is Texas getting hit hard by the injury bug. That is not the FO's fault. You keep saying they are healthy and it's not true. Stop saying it.

I never said they were a bad team. Their PITCHING has carried them to their current record. My point from the very start was about the inept OFFENSE that JD put together. I'm not sure why that is so incredibly hard for you to grasp. Their OFFENSE is weak and it's not because of injuries. Their offense has not been "ravaged by injuries". Their pitching has, but not their bats. Kinsler spent a little while on the DL. Nelly was healthy until his suspension. Beltre has missed a few games here and there. But nothing horrible or major. The Braves have put up plenty of runs while missing Freeman and Heyward. Tigers have lost Austin Jackson and Cabrera for stretches, they're putting up runs. Quit trying to make the Rangers hitters into some poor MASH unit.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who either....JD has to figure that out.

you won't get me to agree that Wash lost that WS though.
but, it is what it is, I really don't want to revisit that either.
I don't think he lost the WS, but the players he decided to use in game 6 at key points didn't help their chances.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not even worth it further. Just gonna ignore him. He likes to start shit. Did it last Friday with people not liking Gina Miller.

I like to start stuff? Dude, you argue with people on here DAILY. You were all over JTA, one of this site's best and most knowledgeable posters, just a few nights ago. I called you and one other person out for your ridiculous over-the-top bashing of an irrelevant reporter.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who either....JD has to figure that out.

you won't get me to agree that Wash lost that WS though.
but, it is what it is, I really don't want to revisit that either.

I'm not even talking about that WS loss, I'm talking about all the moves in a 162 game season that he butchers

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even talking about that WS loss, I'm talking about all the moves in a 162 game season that he butchers
He's lost the team. I don't think there is anything else that can be said in support of him. Anything beneficial he's brought has been in the past.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be so upset if we don't at least get a wild card.... It would go down as yet another massive choke for the 3rd year in a row and we would become the laughing stock of MLB

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be so upset if we don't at least get a wild card.... It would go down as yet another massive choke for the 3rd year in a row and we would become the laughing stock of MLB
Okay take a breath. The laughing stock of the MLB are the Angels, White Sox, Blue Jays, Phillies, and Giants. Texas is actually competing. Each of those teams paid 118MM plus to lose over half their games.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother fucker I never said it was all because of health. I am only replying to the bullshit you POST.

Classy. You in your OWN WORDS admitted that your life is miserable and that baseball is pretty much all you have to live for. I'm truly sorry for you if that is the case, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Nobody deserves to be that unhappy. I can debate with you on a friendly if somewhat heated level all night long on a baseball level. But I'm out when it devolves into childish and profane name-calling. We're all Rangers fans here and we don't always get along or agree. It doesn't mean you have to take it to a whole new low and start calling people MF'ers. I don't mind that language because I can cuss with the best of them. But there are others here who have stated their objections to it and whether I agree with their reasons or not I choose to be respectful toward them. I know you say they're just words and to an extent you're right. But you wouldn't be dropping f-bombs left and right in front of small children, so maybe try and be a little more respectful of people here. I'm not the angry one here. I'm not the one who starts stuff on here. Almost every single thread on here since you joined features you arguing with someone. My debates are much, much fewer and far between. Again, I'm sorry that your life is not so great, but keep the debating to baseball and leave the excessive obscenities and childish insults at the door.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2013 team has overcome a shit ton of injuries and are still in the race while still not 100%. guys have battled to stay on the field and are still fighting through things while trying to over the manager and the fact that Berkman didn't work out as the DH that JD brought in. The 19 year old rookie kid hasn't had a trout like coming out year while playing everyday, which some fans expected for who knows what reason. Pitching has carried the team to one of the best all time seasons and now are hitting a rough patch at the wrong time. All in all there is not 100 million dollar player at every position or a healthy one but the manager and the players need to step up and play every damn game the rest of the way like it's a pennant race. The efforts we have seen out of some guys of late just seems nonchalant when things matter the most.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classy. You in your OWN WORDS admitted that your life is miserable and that baseball is pretty much all you have to live for. I'm truly sorry for you if that is the case, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Nobody deserves to be that unhappy. I can debate with you on a friendly if somewhat heated level all night long on a baseball level. But I'm out when it devolves into childish and profane name-calling. We're all Rangers fans here and we don't always get along or agree. It doesn't mean you have to take it to a whole new low and start calling people MF'ers. I don't mind that language because I can cuss with the best of them. But there are others here who have stated their objections to it and whether I agree with their reasons or not I choose to be respectful toward them. I know you say they're just words and to an extent you're right. But you wouldn't be dropping f-bombs left and right in front of small children, so maybe try and be a little more respectful of people here. I'm not the angry one here. I'm not the one who starts stuff on here. Almost every single thread on here since you joined features you arguing with someone. My debates are much, much fewer and far between. Again, I'm sorry that your life is not so great, but keep the debating to baseball and leave the excessive obscenities and childish insults at the door.
Fuck off dude. I don't need your patronizing bullshit. Don't read my posts anymore, and don't even bother responding to me anymore. I am not here to be anyone's friend. Mostly everyone argues with each other on this site. No one forces you read it or to participate. If I get asked to leave or warned, then I will gladly move on. I don't give a shit about you as a person, nor should I. You think I really give a damn that you like the Rangers? I don't. You people aren't my friends, so I honestly couldn't care less how you feel about me as a poster or a human being. I owe you nothing. I signed no social contract with this group where I promised anything to anyone. I would highly suggest you never respond to another one of my posts, because I have nothing else to say to you.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton theory: (total speculation of course) just leave personal crap about out of this please, he was good for this team...and it was a good time for him to move on. It worked out well for us.

The theory: It's not a slowing of bat-speed. Still a little wicked good for his age.
His approach has improved, but the numbers only improved slightly.

It's power loss, and of course there's always the mental aspect...but right now those two problems are trolling each other.

Hamilton use to be able to hit low and outside, he could hit balls out of the zone because of his swing and power, it's not true that was his Achilles heel, but without the power, he can't do it now...

Why did he come into the season looking like a complete dog crap, too thin, dark bags under his eyes?
I think the years of drug abuse caught up with his sinuses. He may now have some sort of chronic migraine syndrome that is linked to the loss of sinus tissue from the probably-should-have-been fatal-drug-abuse. (I think it started at the end of last year with the vision trouble)

Can he pass a physical? you bet he can, is he going to admit he may have a chronic migraine problem before signing a major contract? no.

So, in the offseason...trying to get rid of anything that was causing the migraines, he didn't go to a top notch nutritionist, he prayed and started juicing shit...an idiot, lost muscle mass.

Here's a kind of interesting thing. When he left the field suddenly with "vision trouble" last year, BOTH Durrett and I (chat room) said "migraine?" Swear to god.

The sinus tissue is gone, the migraines that do effect vision and balance problems will stay.
now, are there medications that can treat migraines? yes of course...a brand new one, cost 10,000 a month and I'm not kidding...but it's working for many so far.
that's where the rules come in, he is supposed to see team doctors with problems? Yes.
...and in fairness maybe he has.
but will any medication work if he has lost too much sinus tissue? Probably not.

I think it's over for him, at best. an average hitter next year. But he could gain some muscle mass if nothing else.

ALL speculation folks.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2013 team has overcome a shit ton of injuries and are still in the race while still not 100%. guys have battled to stay on the field and are still fighting through things while trying to over the manager and the fact that Berkman didn't work out as the DH that JD brought in. The 19 year old rookie kid hasn't had a trout like coming out year while playing everyday, which some fans expected for who knows what reason. Pitching has carried the team to one of the best all time seasons and now are hitting a rough patch at the wrong time. All in all there is not 100 million dollar player at every position or a healthy one but the manager and the players need to step up and play every damn game the rest of the way like it's a pennant race. The efforts we have seen out of some guys of late just seems nonchalant when things matter the most.
I want to know what Dave Magadan does. What does any manager do for that matter? Doesn't seem like they have much control over what the players do. They seem to suck or succeed regardless of who is over them. Is Bob Melvin a good manager because the A's have 5 guys each year with outlier seasons that spark them to win games they have no business winning? Or maybe they have only had to use 6 starting pitchers this year while Texas has used 12..

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not even worth it further. Just gonna ignore him. He likes to start shit. Did it last Friday with people not liking Gina Miller.

And just to show who started what, my ORIGINAL statement concerning the weak offense was just a general statement I made during the game which was not directed at anyone. It is on Page 26 for all to see. On Page 27 you quote me and debate my point. I then respond to you by defending my original statement without any name-calling or heated tone. At every turn you quoted me and argued back. I made a comment about Lance Berkman being irrelevant for 5 years, at which you upped the ante by smarting off "why let facts get in the way". Once again, you escalating and provoking the argument further. You finally topped it off with profanities and name-calling. The entire exchange is there in black and white and it's quite obvious to anyone who reads it which one of us "started stuff".

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton theory: (total speculation of course) just leave personal crap about out of this please, he was good for this team...and it was a good time for him to move on. It worked out well for us.

The theory: It's not a slowing of bat-speed. Still a little wicked good for his age.
His approach has improved, but the numbers only improved slightly.

It's power loss, and of course there's always the mental aspect...but right now those two problems are trolling each other.

Hamilton use to be able to hit low and outside, he could hit balls out of the zone because of his swing and power, it's not true that was his Achilles heel, but without the power, he can't do it now...

Why did he come into the season looking like a complete dog crap, too thin, dark bags under his eyes?
I think the years of drug abuse caught up with his sinuses. He may now have some sort of chronic migraine syndrome that is linked to the loss of sinus tissue from the probably-should-have-been fatal-drug-abuse. (I think it started at the end of last year with the vision trouble)

Can he pass a physical? you bet he can, is he going to admit he may have a chronic migraine problem before signing a major contract? no.

So, in the offseason...trying to get rid of anything that was causing the migraines, he didn't go to a top notch nutritionist, he prayed and started juicing shit...an idiot, lost muscle mass.

Here's a kind of interesting thing. When he left the field suddenly with "vision trouble" last year, BOTH Durrett and I (chat room) said "migraine?" Swear to god.

The sinus tissue is gone, the migraines that do effect vision and balance problems will stay.
now, are there medications that can treat migraines? yes of course...a brand new one, cost 10,000 a month and I'm not kidding...but it's working for many so far.
that's where the rules come in, he is supposed to see team doctors with problems? Yes.
...and in fairness maybe he has.
but will any medication work if he has lost too much sinus tissue? Probably not.

I think it's over for him, at best. an average hitter next year. But he could gain some muscle mass if nothing else.

ALL speculation folks.
I am glad Texas got every last drop of good out him at least. Thanks for taking him off our hands Anaheim. We owe you...How about Kirkman? I hear he's got potential....

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off dude. I don't need your patronizing bullshit. Don't read my posts anymore, and don't even bother responding to me anymore. I am not here to be anyone's friend. Mostly everyone argues with each other on this site. No one forces you read it or to participate. If I get asked to leave or warned, then I will gladly move on. I don't give a shit about you as a person, nor should I. You think I really give a damn that you like the Rangers? I don't. You people aren't my friends, so I honestly couldn't care less how you feel about me as a poster or a human being. I owe you nothing. I signed no social contract with this group where I promised anything to anyone. I would highly suggest you never respond to another one of my posts, because I have nothing else to say to you.

And right here tells you everything you need to know about this guy. Wow. Just wow. Someone that doesn't understand the basic human quality of being decent to one another or caring about other people because he "never signed a social contract to do so". That's miserable beyond words.

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad Texas got every last drop of good out him at least. Thanks for taking him off our hands Anaheim. We owe you...How about Kirkman? I hear he's got potential....

Rev, I know you're not a fan and I know the guy is a flake.
But you can't deny for years, he did play hard...he wasn't a loaf that didn't care.
And he was a Yankee killer when we needed it.
And with muscle detached from his abdominal wall all the way down through the pelvis, he almost hit what would have been a Ranger legendary HR.
He was trying to adjust his swing for the injury if you remember, and he did it.

okay, you can resume not liking him. :lol:
I just wanted to get that in. I think it's fair to Hamilton.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev, I know you're not a fan and I know the guy is a flake.
But you can't deny for years, he did play hard...he wasn't a loaf that didn't care.
And he was a Yankee killer when we needed it.
And with muscle detached from his abdominal wall all the way down through the pelvis, he almost hit what would have been a Ranger legendary HR.
He was trying to adjust his swing for the injury if you remember, and he did it.

okay, you can resume not liking him. :lol:
I just wanted to get that in. I think it's fair to Hamilton.
He undid all of that goodwill by opening his mouth. I remember Hamilton as the guy who put us ahead in the 2011 WS.

If the dude had just shut up and played baseball instead of making excuse and excuse in 2012 it would have been different. Texas might have kept him. Instead they got what they could out of him and let him walk. No harm no foul there.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's lost the team. I don't think there is anything else that can be said in support of him. Anything beneficial he's brought has been in the past.

I agree, I think they still love him....but I doubt how much they listen too him.
Shit, who knows

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think they still love him....but I doubt how much they listen too him.
Shit, who knows
Hell, I love Wash. He's a great guy and he's hilarious, but Wash the manager? Dude has lost it.