• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers at the Los Angeles Angels (9/5 - 9/7)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He undid all of that goodwill by opening his mouth. I remember Hamilton as the guy who put us ahead in the 2011 WS.

If the dude had just shut up and played baseball instead of making excuse and excuse in 2012 it would have been different. Texas might have kept him. Instead they got what they could out of him and let him walk. No harm no foul there.

I'm not talking "goodwill" I'm talking he was a huge part of our success, and I thank him for it.

the excuses come from his early vow to be "honest" (yeah I know, don't even go there, that's offseason)
so instead of just saying..."stop hounding me for answers that I don't have", He did that in 2011 with the hernia I mentioned, he said, "I'm not talking about it, so please stop asking me"

When you reach the kind of star status he had, it's natural for the press to hound those type of stars. The difference is, he couldn't/can't handle it. He thinks he's gotta answer every question, he doesn't.
The stuff in Bull Durham about sticking to stock answers? It's true, you stray too far from it, and the media will crucify any opening. Why? because it sells...and trust me, they will spin it too.

Guys like Jeter, Puljos...whoever, can handle it. (not that he's as good as those two...lol, I'm just saying)

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking "goodwill" I'm talking he was a huge part of our success, and I thank him for it.

the excuses come from his early vow to be "honest" (yeah I know, don't even go there, that's offseason)
so instead of just saying..."stop hounding me for answers that I don't have", He did that in 2011 with the hernia I mentioned, he said, "I'm not talking about it, so please stop asking me"

When you reach the kind of star status he had, it's natural for the press to hound those type of stars. The difference is, he couldn't/can't handle it. He thinks he's gotta answer every question, he doesn't.
The stuff in Bull Durham about sticking to stock answers? It's true, you stray too far from it, and the media will crucify any opening. Why? because it sells...and trust me, they will spin it too.

Guys like Jeter, Puljos...whoever, can handle it. (not that he's as good as those two...lol, I'm just saying)
Yeah he was. I don't mean to discount that.

He's one of the most frustrating players I've ever had the pleasure to root for. It just always seemed to be something with him. I am just happy Texas got what they did from him and for pretty cheap at that too. We traded a dude that fell apart the year after we traded him for Josh. That was a huge win for Texas production wise.

No clue what the answer is for him now. If the years of drug abuse have caught up to him, then it's very unfortunate for him. He and his wife wanted that money to safe the world, I just hope they put their new found money where their mouth is.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was. I don't mean to discount that.

He's one of the most frustrating players I've ever had the pleasure to root for. It just always seemed to be something with him. I am just happy Texas got what they did from him and for pretty cheap at that too. We traded a dude that fell apart the year after we traded him for Josh. That was a huge win for Texas production wise.

No clue what the answer is for him now. If the years of drug abuse have caught up to him, then it's very unfortunate for him. He and his wife wanted that money to safe the world, I just hope they put their new found money where their mouth is.

Who knows with the wife either, she's the one that strikes me as "let's go Hollywood baby" (she was an actress for a hot minute if you didn't know)
I'm not blaming her at all, but the two of them....JFC, so flaky...she needs to stay out of the picture. I'm sorry if that offends people, but it's true. I think all wives should. And hey, if you're a female super-star, you're husband needs to stay out of it. I don't care what the spouse thinks about anything.

Here's the thing about Hamilton that always makes me wonder if he's as dumb as he comes off at times

Kinsler. They were close friends, not a secret...Kinsler is not a dumb guy, not a secret

Odd :noidea:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows with the wife either, she's the one that strikes me as "let's go Hollywood baby" (she was an actress for a hot minute if you didn't know)
I'm not blaming her at all, but the two of them....JFC, so flaky...she needs to stay out of the picture. I'm sorry if that offends people, but it's true. I think all wives should. And hey, if you're a female super-star, you're husband needs to stay out of it. I don't care what the spouse thinks about anything.

Here's the thing about Hamilton that always makes me wonder if he's as dumb as he comes off at times

Kinsler. They were close friends, not a secret...Kinsler is not a dumb guy, not a secret

Odd :noidea:
I had no clue she was an actress. I can only imagine...I do know that Josh has acted...This year he acted like a baseball player and made crap ton of money! lol What they do is their business, but when they drag it out in public it's sort of fair game to discuss. They seem to be made for each other. She stuck with him through the drugs, alcohol, and infidelity. I gotta give her credit for that one. I think she's the brains of the group, but I don't know if that's saying all that much. He's not Forrest Gump, but he's not far off. I don't mean he's retarded...I just mean he's a nice enough guy that keeps it simple.

And Kins makes me wonder about how smart he is sometimes...tonight wasn't a shining example of that brain of his. Once I saw that ball of Trout's bat I knew what was going to happen...It was like watching a kid walk into moving traffic but being helpless to stop it...Just a gross feeling. I don't hold it against Kins too much. Lots of pressure on him to be the guy, and he's not handled it as well as he can.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean baseball-smart when talking about Kinsler, although I think he's one of the smarter players.

If you ever watch those "talks with Emily" or whatever they're are called (in the clubhouse) the players always seem to hint that Kinsler is a brainier-type guy.
And, there was an article about how Kinsler and JD like to talk pre-post WW2 economics...among other things apparently, dang...I should find it and pull it up.

But who cares right now, he needs to freaking hit...and be a leader out there.
Which includes not chasing stupid pitches, when he knows better. (maybe pressure there, but that's not an excuse)
AND...Jayzuz, we all know he's got a good arm, but trying to throw out Trout on that play?

Anyway..I'm rambling, getting tired...I never stay up this late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I see everyone is a little out of it looking through the threads. Everybody ok?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon rangers get back on track

+1 Tough loss last night. Sure do wish that Kinsler could have laid off that last pitch and given Beltre a shot to tie the game or take the lead. Hard to do in the situation with Freri throwing so hard, of course. Such is baseball.

Really could use a W tonight. A bit of help from the 'Stros this afternoon would be nice too.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I see everyone is a little out of it looking through the threads. Everybody ok?

Suicide watch? LOL Things aren't that grave, are they?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have also given Elvis and Martin props for their clutch hits that gave us a chance to come back and win. Encouraging signs going forward!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 Tough loss last night. Sure do wish that Kinsler could have laid off that last pitch and given Beltre a shot to tie the game or take the lead. Hard to do in the situation with Freri throwing so hard, of course. Such is baseball.

Really could use a W tonight. A bit of help from the 'Stros this afternoon would be nice too.

Suicide watch? LOL Things aren't that grave, are they?

Yeah the whole offense needs to get it going don't try to be the hero take some pitches and try to get on! Not worried about the pitching at all though.

Also yeah I would say so on the suicide watch LOL. I mean it's just baseball:whistle:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the whole offense needs to get it going don't try to be the hero take some pitches and try to get on! Not worried about the pitching at all though.

Also yeah I would say so on the suicide watch LOL. I mean it's just baseball:whistle:

Too many guys are worried about being the guy to get the key hit.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many guys are worried about being the guy to get the key hit.

I imagine that guys are feeling the pressure of the pennant race. Have to get used to that additional pressure if they are to advance to it and then do anything in the postseason. Like I posted above, I'm encouraged by Elvis and Martin having come up big with late hits that gave us a chance to come back and win last night. Going to come up short sometimes, like we did last night, but I think that is something to possibly build on going forward.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to blame Wash when it's valid, but last night ESPN posters were blaming him over Garza. Sorry folks, Wash shouldn't have a reliever ready to go in the 4th inning when a pitcher of Garza's caliber is on the mound. Ross Wolf? Sure. Josh Lindblom? Absolutely. Travis Blacklely? Probably. Matt Garza? NO! It's the 4th inning for crying out loud. Man up find the strike zone and stop giving up meatballs while ahead in the count. That's was a gutless 4th inning. He wasn't getting the calls from the Ump and then gave in and left everything over the plate.

Garza has been what I thought he was before we got him. Totally overrated. Of his first 10 starts, he's had 2 where he showed something special. That's not good enough for what the Rangers gave up to get him. And it's surely not good enough to bring this dude back next year for 14 million a year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to blame Wash when it's valid, but last night ESPN posters were blaming him over Garza. Sorry folks, Wash shouldn't have a reliever ready to go in the 4th inning when a pitcher of Garza's caliber is on the mound. Ross Wolf? Sure. Josh Lindblom? Absolutely. Travis Blacklely? Probably. Matt Garza? NO! It's the 4th inning for crying out loud. Man up find the strike zone and stop giving up meatballs while ahead in the count. That's was a gutless 4th inning. He wasn't getting the calls from the Ump and then gave in and left everything over the plate.

Garza has been what I thought he was before we got him. Totally overrated. Of his first 10 starts, he's had 2 where he showed something special. That's not good enough for what the Rangers gave up to get him. And it's surely not good enough to bring this dude back next year for 14 million a year.

Absolutely agree with the part about sticking with Garza. Starters are going to struggle but they are sometimes able to overcome their struggles and turn it around. Darvish, Holland and Garza have to do that when they struggle early.

I still like the Garza acquisition, however. He will have probably have to pitch more like he did last time out against MN than he did last night in order to make that deal worthwhile.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, just exhausted. I stayed up way too late, and slept for about 3 hours. I feel like I have a hangover, but didn't drink anything. (I did get a nap in)

I need to check MLB streaming because if it's on FOX today, I'll be blocked from watching and then my area will show a game I don't care about.
It's okay if I miss a game :lol:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, just exhausted. I stayed up way too late, and slept for about 3 hours. I feel like I have a hangover, but didn't drink anything. (I did get a nap in)

I need to check MLB streaming because if it's on FOX today, I'll be blocked from watching and then my area will show a game I don't care about.
It's okay if I miss a game :lol:
It's not on Fox national. Just Fox west. It will be on FSN Rangers.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that it matters, but I stand behind this post. It's accurate and on the money.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters, but I stand behind this post. It's accurate and on the money.
DT, nothing I said to the other guy has anything to do with other posters. It was meant for him. I have zero animosity toward the majority of you guys. I wouldn't call you guys my friends, but that doesn't mean I can't and won't talk baseball with you.