• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed to leave this shithole in first place.... If we lose tomorrow I won't be too upset. Glad we didn't get swept

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure are cranky when you are tired. I've never seen anyone claim that a MIF who can hit and play defense are far more valuable than any OFer. That's a huge statement to make, and you offered zero data to back that up. The guy leading the league in overall production is an OFer...So I have no clue what you are going on about.

Not really, its pretty common knowledge

It happens, Trout is a special player, do I trade Profar for Trout? hell yeah, thats a different story, but Trout is not the player thats going to be discussed

2b and SS, and to a certain extent 3B, are positions its hard to get solid offensive production from, thats why players like Andrus, despite ZERO power are still extremely valuable, moreso than an OFer with solid offensive numbers and

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't know if I even do that... I'd trade him for CarGo before Stanton for sure though

With Odor and Sardinas behind Profar ... you are in a position of strength in shooting high in what you are asking for. You know you have to fill LF. So might as well start at the top of your list of who you want.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of the top 5 most valuable players in baseball are OFers. The first MIF on the list is 16th. There are 5 OFers a head of him. But yeah, I don't know anything about baseball.

None of those players are being discussed in a trade for Profar either, try getting some perspective

I didn't say there weren't special OFers out there, but the ones that are going to be made available for Profar aren't likely to be worth it

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guaranteed to leave this shithole in first place.... If we lose tomorrow I won't be too upset. Glad we didn't get swept

That's awful negative ... I'm figuring TEX takes the series tomorrow afternoon. Weekday game at OAK ... will be just like the old days with nobody at the park to watch... except all the homeless that the city of OAK bought season tickets for.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, its pretty common knowledge

It happens, Trout is a special player, do I trade Profar for Trout? hell yeah, thats a different story, but Trout is not the player thats going to be discussed

2b and SS, and to a certain extent 3B, are positions its hard to get solid offensive production from, thats why players like Andrus, despite ZERO power are still extremely valuable, moreso than an OFer with solid offensive numbers and
But the numbers don't agree with you. Just because a player makes 16 million doesn't make that his value. It means he's being overpaid. Value is derived from production.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awful negative ... I'm figuring TEX takes the series tomorrow afternoon. Weekday game at OAK ... will be just like the old days with nobody at the park to watch... except all the homeless that the city of OAK bought season tickets for.

All depends if yu has a killer instinct :)

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those players are being discussed in a trade for Profar either, try getting some perspective

I didn't say there weren't special OFers out there, but the ones that are going to be made available for Profar aren't likely to be worth it
You said ALWAYS. It doesn't matter who Profar is. You said MIF who can hit and play defense are ALWAYS more valuable than any OFer.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the road tomorrow so I have to listen to the game on sirius xm and put up with the A's announcers.

Believe it or not, they're not too bad.

They don't slam any players and usually compliment them.
A couple dumb things tonight, but it was okay