• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other sports talk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie was just so bad on Defense. LOL 4 steals, 2 blocks. And Delly barely played. Oh and this just in, Curry is pretty good and tough to guard.

With Kyrie in the game, the Cavs had control of most of the game and Curry was MIA in the 1st Q. Hopefully the series is as good as game 1 was.

Lebron just loves taking that 3 pt shot on 1 leg. I don't get it.

Kyrie defended Klay most of the night, but played pretty well, with some key steals/blocks. Delly didn't play much and looked bad when he did.

Great game 1, hopefully Kyrie can return for game 2 Sunday (stupid schedule!). Very tight, exciting game 1!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie defended Klay most of the night, but played pretty well, with some key steals/blocks. Delly didn't play much and looked bad when he did.

Kyrie had 2 blocks on Curry and 1 late in the 4th Q. Gave the Cavs the ball with 20 seconds left and Lebron did his jumper routine. That's why I can't even compare him to Jordan. His brain is just.. :scratch:

Curry had 2 smart plays in OT to get to the line and converted. GS went up 4 and never looked back.

ALWAYS go to the rim when you need a bucket. Especially when you're shooting less than 20% from behind the arc.

Both team chucked it up from 3 pt land a bunch and neither were very good last night.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on SJ

I realize star players will get star treatment, but nobody has ever been babied like LeBron has.

In 12 seasons, he has been called for 1700 fouls.

In 15 seasons ( with 2 being shortened by injuries ), Jordan was called for over 2700 fouls.

I'm sorry, but when you are getting called that much less than the greatest player to play the game, you are being babied. Plain and simple.

Jordan attempted 8772 free throws at 8.2 average

LeBron has attempted 7720 free throws at 8.5 average

Stats don't lie. He is getting better than star treatment from the league.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on SJ

I realize star players will get star treatment, but nobody has ever been babied like LeBron has.

In 12 seasons, he has been called for 1700 fouls.

In 15 seasons ( with 2 being shortened by injuries ), Jordan was called for over 2700 fouls.

I'm sorry, but when you are getting called that much less than the greatest player to play the game, you are being babied. Plain and simple.

Jordan attempted 8772 free throws at 8.2 average

LeBron has attempted 7720 free throws at 8.5 average

Stats don't lie. He is getting better than star treatment from the league.

That's an interesting stat. Oh I know get he's pampered, but he also gets hacked a lot when he goes to the hole too. I watched the Bulls series bro. I guess I have come to accept it because Jordan got a lot of calls too. And it wasn't like Igoldala wasn't pushing on him as well - they were going at it in the NBA Finals. I thought it was fair/even called game. Steph Curry got some touch fouls late in the game as well.

But 1700 fouls called versus MJ's 2700 - that's astounding. Lebron is more laid back than MJ was on D, but still.. That's crazy. Jordan got to the free throw line more because he's smarter obviously. That 1 legged 3 pt attempt at the end of regulation by Bron was pathetic. The guy is 6'8 240? and he's not backing people down? Jordan did it so well and had the killer fade away, but he was all about getting to the rim.

I'm not a Lebron fan people. I'm a basketball fan. I enjoy watching good bbal.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting stat. Oh I know get he's pampered, but he also gets hacked a lot when he goes to the hole too. I watched the Bulls series bro. I guess I have come to accept it because Jordan got a lot of calls too. And it wasn't like Igoldala wasn't pushing on him as well - they were going at it in the NBA Finals. I thought it was fair/even called game. Steph Curry got some touch fouls late in the game as well.

But 1700 fouls called versus MJ's 2700 - that's astounding. Lebron is more laid back than MJ was on D, but still.. That's crazy. Jordan got to the free throw line more because he's smarter obviously. That 1 legged 3 pt attempt at the end of regulation by Bron was pathetic. The guy is 6'8 240? and he's not backing people down? Jordan did it so well and had the killer fade away, but he was all about getting to the rim.

I'm not a Lebron fan people. I'm a basketball fan. I enjoy watching good bbal.

SJ

LeBron is getting to the free throw line more than MJ did ( 8.5 per game vs 8.2 ).

at his current rate, he will pass MJ's free throw attempts in less than 2 years ( in his 14th season vs MJ's 15 ).

and I'm with you. I enjoy watching basketball. but I want to see a fair game, and they just don't call things fairly against LeBron like they do with other star players. that's all I'm saying. be fair and let the chips fall where they may.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ

LeBron is getting to the free throw line more than MJ did ( 8.5 per game vs 8.2 ).

at his current rate, he will pass MJ's free throw attempts in less than 2 years ( in his 14th season vs MJ's 15 ).

and I'm with you. I enjoy watching basketball. but I want to see a fair game, and they just don't call things fairly against LeBron like they do with other star players. that's all I'm saying. be fair and let the chips fall where they may.

I got you. I looked at totals.

In this series, just make sure you watch Curry and Lebron and pay attention to the fouls called, but keep in mind how much more Lebron is in the paint. Lebron has earned some of those fouls, Curry is the MVP so he's going to get his as well.

It should be fair and I thought last night was. Lots of pushing on both sides. Definitely at times Lebron can get more calls but as far as last night play, it looked fine to me.

The NBA will always protect their cash cows, just like the NFL has protected guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers on the field.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the NBA definitely protects their cash cows now more than ever.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who thinks we're going to see a triple crown this year at the Belmont? Going to be a hell of a show!!!
I heard this on the radio today & it had me laughing pretty hard...

"American Pharoah....

"He's not human!" " :pound:

475978262_master.jpg

:pound:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was getting irritating watching Lebron beg for calls after pushing off the defender on the post over and over. Sure, he deserved some calls for contact that he didn't get, but the NBA also needs to change the rules on backing down players. Dislodging a defender in position by bulling into him should be an offensive foul.

Other than that (and the poor final play of regulation), Lebron was great. The Warriors refused to double him most of the game, and he made them pay. Unfortunately, it seems the whole team ran out of gas down the stretch, and especially in overtime. The Cavs need to develop a bench they can rely on more. Hobbled Kyrie (although he didn't look very injured most of the game) played 43 minutes. That's horrible judgement by the Cavs bench. I'd blame Blatt if he actually had any decision-making power over player-coach Lebron...

Unfortunately, Kyrie is now out for 3-4 months with a fractured knee cap. A tough series for the Cavs just got quite a bit tougher.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors refused to double him most of the game, and he made them pay.
Sure he did but he paid the price in the end.

Coach Kerr gambled on those ISO's the Cavs played all game and bet the 'supporting cast' would get out of rhythm by games end.

CSK lucked out IMO because if LBJ had decided to take it to the rack on his final shot in regulation, then the Cavs probably win G1.

Many are speculating why he took the three and my guess is for the shock and awe being beat by a guy called the 'Greatest player on the planet' both inside and out.

In other words, King James played Hero ball in the end instead of getting the game winner the 'old fashioned way' at the rim or at the line.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 years ago today

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he did but he paid the price in the end.

Coach Kerr gambled on those ISO's the Cavs played all game and bet the 'supporting cast' would get out of rhythm by games end.

CSK lucked out IMO because if LBJ had decided to take it to the rack on his final shot in regulation, then the Cavs probably win G1.

Many are speculating why he took the three and my guess is for the shock and awe being beat by a guy called the 'Greatest player on the planet' both inside and out.

In other words, King James played Hero ball in the end instead of getting the game winner the 'old fashioned way' at the rim or at the line.

The Cavs should of won game one, but LBJ unwisely didn't take it to the hole. But wait this game, is suppose to be a mismatch of teams, Golden State is heads and shoulders above the Cavs, according to everyone.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs should of won game one, but LBJ unwisely didn't take it to the hole. But wait this game, is suppose to be a mismatch of teams, Golden State is heads and shoulders above the Cavs, according to everyone.
I gotta believe the slow start for the Warriors made the game close at the end. A slow start due to the agreed 'inexperience' of the GSW team.

I think we wont see that again until possibly G3 when the Warriors take their show to Cleveland.

As they say, there is not an advantage in series until someone losses at home!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Irving out, this is going to be a very short series. Tough luck for Cleveland.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give a little credit to Cleveland defense. Both teams came out rusty, but Cleveland was playing pretty tight D too.

I love the hype on GS. Cleveland had that game and their bench played awful. I mean, you can say it for both teams. But people just want to drink the GS Kool aid I guess ?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's just not rust. It's nerves/inexperience as well. This is Golden St's first rodeo in the finals and even though they are loaded, it's still all very new.

Again, without Igodala they were toast. He played great. And Kerr coached a good game. Used his bench and wore down cleveland. It's going to be tough for Cleveland, but I still think this series is going to be good.

GS only had a consistent lead in OT. And those of you who said Kyrie can't play D, now are saying Cavs have no chance without him?

It's funny

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, LBJ says that he coached regulation and Blatt coached OT... :lol:

JK!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's just not rust. It's nerves/inexperience as well. This is Golden St's first rodeo in the finals and even though they are loaded, it's still all very new.

Again, without Igodala they were toast. He played great. And Kerr coached a good game. Used his bench and wore down cleveland. It's going to be tough for Cleveland, but I still think this series is going to be good.

GS only had a consistent lead in OT. And those of you who said Kyrie can't play D, now are saying Cavs have no chance without him?

It's funny

And without Lebron, the Warriors run away with it. What's your point? Iggy is a big part of what the Warriors do. It's not like he came out of nowhere and played out of his mind. He's always been a good player.

The Cavs are a horrible team without him. And without Love & Irving to take some of the load off of Lebron, they're toast. The Warriors are the better and deeper team. Lack of experience only matters so much when you're as good as this team is.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, it's on to Hockey tomorrow!

Go Hawks!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash