• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other sports talk

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no dog in this fight. Sort of pulling for the Warriors, but I thought some of the Klay Thompson fouls where questionable.

If I were a conspiracist, I'd look at some of those fouls that put Klay on the bench. He was in fact the only reason why the game was close to begin with...

I think the refs today suck but I guess i'm used to them over-calling games, then having to do make-up calls to balance out their happy whistle. If you go back and watch the old Finals - I've watched the 91 & 92 lately, you hardly hear a whistle at all.

The Cavs got dogged with a few bad calls late in the 4th Q as well, so to me it's all balanced out.

And of course you have a dog in the fight Vita, you're a West coaster man.. ;) I always pull for the East. Always have always will.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the refs today suck but I guess i'm used to them over-calling games, then having to do make-up calls to balance out their happy whistle. If you go back and watch the old Finals - I've watched the 91 & 92 lately, you hardly hear a whistle at all.

The Cavs got dogged with a few bad calls late in the 4th Q as well, so to me it's all balanced out.

And of course you have a dog in the fight Vita, you're a West coaster man.. ;) I always pull for the East. Always have always will.
That's no 'real dog' SJ.

You know, when you root against these guys in your Conference ALL THE TIME, it's just easier sometimes to root for someone in the East.

I just get sick of all the 'Real Man' love for the 'Greatest Player on the Planet'. :puke:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's no 'real dog' SJ.

You know, when you root against these guys in your Conference ALL THE TIME, it's just easier sometimes to root for someone in the East.

I just get sick of all the 'Real Man' love for the 'Greatest Player on the Planet'. :puke:

See I think there is more haters out there than man lovers. He still has a rough time with the game on the line, besides hitting a game winner on the Bulls at the buzzer in game 4.

I have more respect for Lebron now than I ever did. Kobe did that to me later as well. I still think Lebron makes some bonehead decisions, but man.. Dude is 6'8 with speed and has court vision/ He is the best on the planet right now. In a few years, it might not be the case.

Some good bball being played right now and a lot of good D. The Cavs did the same thing to Bulls when Kyrie/Love were out. Made us use the entire shot clock and we took bad shots from the outside.

Dellavadoob is pretty good on D as I was trying to tell some of yous. He does a lot of little things that Kyrie doesn't do as well. And Tristin plays better D than K Love, along with being a better rebounder. Now the scoring is an entirely different issue, but that defense is pretty flippin tough as you saw last night.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delladova stepped up, but I doubt he's going to be able to do that to Curry the rest of the series. Still sticking to my prediction that GS takes it in 5.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delladova stepped up, but I doubt he's going to be able to do that to Curry the rest of the series. Still sticking to my prediction that GS takes it in 5.

One would think that.. I'm telling you, the kid did a helluva job on Rose. He works his ass off and plays hard.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One would think that.. I'm telling you, the kid did a helluva job on Rose. He works his ass off and plays hard.
I just get this feeling that we will hear ...

"I wouldn't say that play on Della was dirty, he's just more of an irritant type of player; a Rugby player"

... that type of play is to come before it's all said and done.

Stay tuned.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just get this feeling that we will hear ...

"I wouldn't say that play on Della was dirty, he's just more of an irritant type of player; a Rugby player"

... that type of play is to come before it's all said and done.

Stay tuned.

You rarely see a guy diving on the floor for loose balls in the NBA today. When a guy plays hard now, he's dirty? He didn't play dirty on Rose or mess with his knees.. Della frustrated him and was in his face the entire time. That's old school bball. Like I said, you don't see it a lot anymore.

But as for the rest of the NBA players, we tend to think the players are in slo-mo and don't play that hard.. Only when necessary and even then it's rare to see.

:scratch:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official's have nothing to do with Golden St scoring 87 points at the end of regulation. It was balanced both ways. I'm all for the dam refs swallowing their whistles, but it ain't gonna happen.

I didn't say it was in favor of one team over the other, just awful officiating altogether.

Cavs brought it and Curry came up small. I wouldn't expect Curry to shoot that poorly again, but who knows?

Warriors uncharacteristically didn't pass the ball as much as usual (217 passes last night compared to their league-leading average of 303); they got away from their offensive style of play (or the Cavs forced them out of it).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really have no dog in this fight. Sort of pulling for the Warriors, but I thought some of the Klay Thompson fouls where questionable.

If I were a conspiracist, I'd look at some of those fouls that put Klay on the bench. He was in fact the only reason why the game was close to begin with...

His first foul looked like he was hit with a moving pick, catching his arm against the ball handler. They showed the replay on his second foul, and he never touched the shooter; Shumpert (I think?) just double-clutched the layup and missed. Two quick questionable calls and the guy that had most of the Warriors early points was out of the game.

As a whole, the bad officiating seemed to even out though, usually in the other direction (not calling seemingly obvious fouls).

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the refs put the Warriors best player for the game on the bench.

the day the refs put LeBron on the bench for foul trouble is the day hell freezes over.

they blow the whistle on him so infrequently I almost have a heart attack when he gets a foul called against him.

and I'm not the only one. just look at LeBron's reaction any time he is called for a foul. he's in shock, about to have a heart attack as well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the day the refs put LeBron on the bench for foul trouble is the day hell freezes over.

they blow the whistle on him so infrequently I almost have a heart attack when he gets a foul called against him.

and I'm not the only one. just look at LeBron's reaction any time he is called for a foul. he's in shock, about to have a heart attack as well.
This is what I was trying to point out.

Easy to play good defense when you have the hot hand (A splash brother) sitting on the bench with fathom fouls....

:lol:

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As someone impartial to this series and who doesn't give a damn which team wins, I think the bad calls went both ways last night. I've been an NBA fan just as long, if not longer than I've been an NFL fan. Having said that, last night was a disgusting display of refereeing. I was literally screaming at the TV and like I said, I don't even care who wins, I just want a well played fair game.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
delly_38pkkdeeh13q1pozr0q6d8grx.jpeg

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like you need to relax during these games ALR.. No heart attacks allowed! And Curry was on the bench because he was ice cold.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone impartial to this series and who doesn't give a damn which team wins, I think the bad calls went both ways last night. I've been an NBA fan just as long, if not longer than I've been an NFL fan. Having said that, last night was a disgusting display of refereeing. I was literally screaming at the TV and like I said, I don't even care who wins, I just want a well played fair game.

Thank you. I think a lot of people just really hate Lebron. I get it. I'm tired of seeing him in the Finals too, but they guy is pretty dam good as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LBJ is in the Finals. People want to see excellent pro athletes be successful and then when they are, they bitch up a storm. Really?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LBJ is in the Finals. People want to see excellent pro athletes be successful and then when they are, they bitch up a storm. Really?
I'm not bitching up a storm Retro and I don't think anyone else in here is either.

I just get tired of the media's love affair with this guy. It's gets old hearing them gush all over this guy all the time saying how he has 'real man' strength & that he is the 'best player on the planet' every time there is an LBJ game or clip.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bitching up a storm Retro and I don't think anyone else in here is either.

I just get tired of the media's love affair with this guy. It's gets old hearing them gush all over this guy all the time saying how he has 'real man' strength & that he is the 'best player on the planet' every time there is an LBJ game or clip.

Why not? If he wins the title, it will be one of the greatest sports stories in history.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm tired of the media period. They hype a guy up, then drag him in the mud. I guess I expect it and that's why I really don't watch ESPN anymore unless a game is on or its a 30 for 30.

Alaskan Bush people!! :lol: I must say I was disappointed at first. There ain't no dam Bush on that show. ;)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? If he wins the title, it will be one of the greatest sports stories in history.
Because both of those are being used as slights against others and here's why:

1. There are a lot of 'real men' out there on the court, on the bench, in the stands and watching the game.
  2. As far as 'the best player on the planet' thing goes, there is another guy on the same court who is the actually the leagues MVP and he's not 'The King' or 'The Chosen One' just a brother, a splash brother that is!