• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other sports talk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see the Cavs win, but I'm leaning towards GS in 5 if Thompson is cleared, 6 if he misses the first game. Warriors are a much more physical team than people give them credit for with Barnes, Bogut, Green, Iguodala and Speights. They're a deeper team, better defensive team and have the best shooters.

If Lebron can somehow will the Cavs to a title, it has to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, post season performance in NBA history.

Klay has been cleared, will start game 1.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask D Rose about Dellvadoobie. And don't tell me D Rose isn't quicker than Steph Curry, because he gave him fits in the game the Bulls won and he blew by everyone the Cavs threw at him. And Kyrie isn't as hurt as you think he is and he's been off almost 2 weeks. Kyrie vs. Steph Curry should be a great match-up.

Barnes and Iguoadala will have to check Lebron. Clay T can't handle Bron - he isn't strong enough and Draymond will get beat off the dribble faster than you can yell DAM SON.

Tristin and Draymond should be a helluva match up. I think Golden St is strong, but I watched them get beat at home while the Bulls Defense was physical and was without Jimmy Butler. So it can be done.

Steve Kerr is the better coach. And He's the only one with Finals experience on Golden St - you are correct sir! ;)

And as far as previous Western champs.. this is Golden St, not San Antonio - WHO played physical D as well.

BAM!!! :clap:

Curry is much more elusive than Rose, especially with his accuracy behind the arc. Step back jumpers will rain over Delly. Even if Kyrie is completely healthy, he's not much of a defender.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is much more elusive than Rose, especially with his accuracy behind the arc. Step back jumpers will rain over Delly. Even if Kyrie is completely healthy, he's not much of a defender.

I guess you missed it when Rose/Curry went head to head this year. That was a helluva a game and Curry was missing for more than half of it.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed it when Rose/Curry went head to head this year. That was a helluva a game and Curry was missing for more than half of it.

Yes, because one regular season game against the Bulls truly show what kind of player Curry, the MVP, really is. :doh:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because one regular season game against the Bulls truly show what kind of player Curry, the MVP, really is. :doh:

It was one of their 3 losses at home right? So... I guess that means we shouldn't look at how GS lost?? Just discount the 1 game huh?? :L I don't know why I even bother trying to explain. It was a helluva game man. One of the better regular season games of the year. Maybe you should have watched??

I like Curry btw. But he's 180 lbs wet and can be defended. He's not going to back you down and doesn't like physical play. He's had a great year in the run and gun offense on the west coast - we will see how he holds up in the finals.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't win titles on jumpers.

You win it on defense and balanced offense.

:nod:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was one of their 3 losses at home right? So... I guess that means we shouldn't look at how GS lost?? Just discount the 1 game huh?? :L I don't know why I even bother trying to explain. It was a helluva game man. One of the better regular season games of the year. Maybe you should have watched??

I like Curry btw. But he's 180 lbs wet and can be defended. He's not going to back you down and doesn't like physical play. He's had a great year in the run and gun offense on the west coast - we will see how he holds up in the finals.

It's a regular season game. It has no bearing on the current match up at all. I live out in the Bay Area, so trust me, I've seen my fair share of Warriors games, including the one against the Bulls. And it was a great game, but shit happens during an 82 game season. No reason to put much stock into it. It's like when people start freaking out about early losing streaks in baseball.

It's not like teams haven't been playing or tried to play Curry physical all year long. It doesn't work as often as people want to believe. He's a very smart player and he figures out how to adjust during the game to the defense. And who's going to get physical with Curry? Delly isn't, Irving isn't. Can they really afford to put Lebron on Curry for most of the game? I hope not. James needs to be on Thompson and I'd double Curry on any pick 'n rolls. Make Green or Barnes beat you from 3, not Curry or Thompson.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a regular season game. It has no bearing on the current match up at all. I live out in the Bay Area, so trust me, I've seen my fair share of Warriors games, including the one against the Bulls. And it was a great game, but shit happens during an 82 game season. No reason to put much stock into it. It's like when people start freaking out about early losing streaks in baseball.

It's not like teams haven't been playing or tried to play Curry physical all year long. It doesn't work as often as people want to believe. He's a very smart player and he figures out how to adjust during the game to the defense. And who's going to get physical with Curry? Delly isn't, Irving isn't. Can they really afford to put Lebron on Curry for most of the game? I hope not. James needs to be on Thompson and I'd double Curry on any pick 'n rolls. Make Green or Barnes beat you from 3, not Curry or Thompson.

No Lebron will not guard Curry. And yes, Cleveland will try to man handle him.

You're right this isn't the regular season anymore. Much more physical D now. But when you scout a team, you tend to look at how they lost certain games, especially when they only lost a few. It's called a blueprint.. no matter when or where it is.

I guess we will find out tonight.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't win titles on jumpers.

You win it on defense and balanced offense.

:nod:

Warriors have only attempted 1 more 3 pt attempt per game (and 1 more make) than the Cavs in the postseason. The Cavs are just as much of a jump shooting team as the Warriors, despite the perception.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And? Rose isn't a Cav.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? Rose isn't a Cav.

:L Goodness gracious. Some of you people wake up wanting to argue I think.. I'm not rooting for either team and like Curry. I'm just calling it like I've seen so many Finals.

You said Dellevadoobie can't handle Curry. And he did a great job on Rose. Rose is quicker/faster than Curry and Curry isn't as strong. And Rose handled Curry quite well in the "game that didn't mean squat" because of regular season game.

Why don't we talk after game 1 & 2? :lol:

As far as the Cavs being jump shooters.. Lebron is chucking up 3's/shooting 19% from behind the arc..? Might be the lowest % in playoff history if he doesn't turn it around. My guess is he doesn't get worse. If he goes to hole, instead of shooting those off-balance 3's, he's averaging 30+/game and not 26/27.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reasoning on Delly not handling Curry is due to Curry being MUCH more of a threat on the perimeter than Rose is. That step back jumper is going to give Delly major problems. Besides, if Kyrie is back, Delly is on the bench for at least 2/3 of the game, and Kryie is not a good defender.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm puttingn some vCash on the underdogs :)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it is a shooting contest early on between LeBron and Steph Curry.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no rooting interest in the finals, but I just wanted to say that the refs/league need to quit babying LeBron.

I know he's the leagues poster boy and all, but the stuff he gets away with is ridiculous and it's been going on for years.

there was one trip down the floor in the 3rd quarter where LeBron pushed off on Iguadola twice before he was fouled by Green on the shot, and he was never called for a foul but they called the one on Green. there was another one earlier in the 3rd when LeBron hooked Green to get around him for a layup attempt, Green didn't even foul him and they called the foul on Green but not LeBron for the hook.

the guy has fouled out of what, 2 games his entire career? I'm sorry, but playing as aggressively as he does offensively and defensively, there is no way he's that good to not foul out more. the guy is never in foul trouble and that is just ridiculous. I don't care who you are, nobody is that good.

kind of hard not to be a great player when you are always getting the calls, but never getting called.

and the sad part is, the guy is a phenomenal talent and doesn't need the leagues help. but they continue to give it to him anyways.

I have a hard time believing this is going to be a "fair" finals if they continue to treat him like that.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game, it was too bad Irving was hurt. And Delly was a non-factor guarding Curry. Shocking...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game, it was too bad Irving was hurt. And Delly was a non-factor guarding Curry. Shocking...

Kyrie was just so bad on Defense. LOL 4 steals, 2 blocks. And Delly barely played. 9 minutes? :L Oh and this just in, Curry is pretty good.

With Kyrie in the game, the Cavs got a couple of nice leads and Curry was MIA in the 1st Q. Hopefully the series is as good as game 1 was.

Lebron just loves taking that 3 pt shot on 1 leg. I don't get it.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no rooting interest in the finals, but I just wanted to say that the refs/league need to quit babying LeBron.

I know he's the leagues poster boy and all, but the stuff he gets away with is ridiculous and it's been going on for years.

there was one trip down the floor in the 3rd quarter where LeBron pushed off on Iguadola twice before he was fouled by Green on the shot, and he was never called for a foul but they called the one on Green. there was another one earlier in the 3rd when LeBron hooked Green to get around him for a layup attempt, Green didn't even foul him and they called the foul on Green but not LeBron for the hook.

the guy has fouled out of what, 2 games his entire career? I'm sorry, but playing as aggressively as he does offensively and defensively, there is no way he's that good to not foul out more. the guy is never in foul trouble and that is just ridiculous. I don't care who you are, nobody is that good.

kind of hard not to be a great player when you are always getting the calls, but never getting called.

and the sad part is, the guy is a phenomenal talent and doesn't need the leagues help. but they continue to give it to him anyways.

I have a hard time believing this is going to be a "fair" finals if they continue to treat him like that.

I can hear where you're coming from. And Igoldala played a helluva game. But let's not act like Lebron is the only one getting away with fouls. And let's not act like Iggy wasn't pushing him as well. Lebron is going to get his fouls. The great ones always do. It was a physical game both ways and should be. This is the Finals.