• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you disregard the stalking part.

And obviously there are issues with Trayvon. Have I said otherwise? Martin might have been a confrontational asshole who likes to fight everyone. I don't understand how his past is relevant to the conversation about GZ's actions. Because GZ didn't know jack squat about Martin except what he saw at that particular time.

It wasn't stalking so I'll bypass that notion. I see you pick and choose what you deem relevant information. It all slants in a positive way towards Martin.

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moments like this remind me how awesome it is to be white.

Chalk up another win forTeam Caucasian !

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but if GZ said something to him... that is legal. If TM jumped him and started beating him... then GZ is within his right as a concealed permit holder and the Florida law to defend himself.

Following someone when you are part of a watch isn't illegal. Carrying a weapon with a permit isn't illegal and shows no intent.

I think GZ was a big pussy and he should have never left the vehicle and if the kid confronted him just keep the window up and call the police...but he got out, and this kid from the fine city of Miami got pissed and thought he would scare (or assault) GZ and never thought he would have a gun and kill him.

As Dave Chappelle says... "When keeping it real goes wrong..."

I agree with all of this. I think the race aspect of this gets blown way out of proportion and that's why it's being discussed the way that it is. My main question is that in this scenario it seems reasonable to me that other people could think they could away with murder by using the same steps. As long as there are no witnesses it woulds seem they could get away with it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with you at all. You responded to something I said and I asked for clarification because you didn't answer the question I posed. Simple as that.
This topic got old but you you may want to look back in this thread as to who started what. Just a hint....don't drink or do drugs and post.....you won't remember your bull shit posting in the morning.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't stalking so I'll bypass that notion. I see you pick and choose what you deem relevant information. It all slants in a positive way towards Martin.

If you're gonna say I pick and choose what I deem relevant you would have to elaborate.

It seems to me that you think Zimmerman did nothing wrong.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting out of his vehicle has no bearing here. Leaving your vehicle is not an illegal act. Here is the part of the statue Zimmerman used.

[SIZE=-1](3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
[/SIZE]

I am sorry.. but that's the law. And Zimmerman reasonably thought he was facing great bodily harm.. his nose was broke and his head was split.

I'm not so much saying that the verdict was wrong due to the prosecution doing a fine job(because they didn't), I'm more so raising awareness hat the law is flawed.

I seen a clip where a guy was breaking into a car and was seen by the owner of the car. The thief ran, was chased by the owner, then caught by the owner and stabbed. The thief later died. The owner of the car went on trial and was not guilty. Huh? How was the owner of the car not guilty? Its a messed up law and needs to be cleared up.

Greyston Garcia case: Man cleared of stabbing thief to death by Stand Your Ground rule shot to death as he drove to work | Mail Online

He coincidentally got killed 3 months later.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This topic got old but you you may want to look back in this thread as to who started what. Just a hint....don't drink or do drugs and post.....you won't remember your bull shit posting in the morning.

Ok let's look back in the thread.

darken65 : It is comments like yours that make this issues blown out like it is. You have no idea how anything went down yet you put everything on Zimmerman. I agree the he should not have followed Martin, but he didn't just confront the kid and shoot him.

erckm510: Because Zimmerman left his car. Martin may have been the one to confront him because some guy was following him. You say I have no idea how anything went down yet the bold indicates you do. Explain how you know he didn't initiate the confrontation?

darken65: Because a fight happened before a shot was fired.

erckm510: So? That doesn't mean Zimmerman didn't confront him.

darken65: Think what you want to think other than then what was presented to to the court because I was not there. Was it Travon's voice crying out or not? Do you really know? The bottom line was that the correct verdict was called.

There I did all the hard work for you. So are you gonna explain now? Or puss out with the "drunk and drug use" excuse for a person who can't look back on the thread themselves.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with you at all. You responded to something I said and I asked for clarification because you didn't answer the question I posed. Simple as that.
what question did you ask me ? Spit it out . Stop being a tool.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let's look back in the thread.

darken65 : It is comments like yours that make this issues blown out like it is. You have no idea how anything went down yet you put everything on Zimmerman. I agree the he should not have followed Martin, but he didn't just confront the kid and shoot him.

erckm510: Because Zimmerman left his car. Martin may have been the one to confront him because some guy was following him. You say I have no idea how anything went down yet the bold indicates you do. Explain how you know he didn't initiate the confrontation?

darken65: Because a fight happened before a shot was fired.

erckm510: So? That doesn't mean Zimmerman didn't confront him.

darken65: Think what you want to think other than then what was presented to to the court because I was not there. Was it Travon's voice crying out or not? Do you really know? The bottom line was that the correct verdict was called.

There I did all the hard work for you. So are you gonna explain now? Or puss out with the "drunk and drug use" excuse for a person who can't look back on the thread themselves.
Way to spin this in your favor. Why not post all of the threads?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to spin this in your favor. Why not post all of the threads?

Hmmmm how would that make sense? How bout I just post the threads that has the exact question I want answered. Oh wait I did. So because it spins in my favor does that mean I win? :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're gonna say I pick and choose what I deem relevant you would have to elaborate.

It seems to me that you think Zimmerman did nothing wrong.

I think he was in fear for his life and he took en extreme action. I don't think anyone but George knows how severely he was being beaten and what was going through his mind. I don't think he did anything wrong because I believe his side of the events. He has never lived up to the media hype as a racist monster. After Rachel Jeantel said that Trayvon called Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracka", all of a sudden this trial and case were no longer about race. Now that Zimmerman was acquitted, oh you guessed it, it was now about race again.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was in fear for his life and he took en extreme action. I don't think anyone but George knows how severely he was being beaten and what was going through his mind. I don't think he did anything wrong because I believe his side of the events. He has never lived up to the media hype as a racist monster. After Rachel Jeantel said that Trayvon called Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracka", all of a sudden this trial and case were no longer about race. Now that Zimmerman was acquitted, oh you guessed it, it was now about race again.

I agree the race thing is way overblown and that's why this case draws so much interest. The media is stirring the pot. My biggest issue is with the law itself. I wouldn't be surprised that there are copycat versions of this scenario that will happen. We won't hear about it unless the national media can throw some type of spin to get people worked up.

But he did do something wrong in leaving the car. Everything that happened was because of that. He could "follow" and let the police know where he went.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if it were apparent to Zimmerman that Martin was a white teen he would have still followed him and not gone to Target ? If you do not believe that which I don't then Race is part of this trial.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it were apparent to Zimmerman that Martin was a white teen he would have still followed him and not gone to Target ? If you do not believe that which I don't then Race is part of this trial.

How the hell do you know what he was thinking?

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell do you know what he was thinking?

I don't know but I will ask you, if it were apparent to Zimmerman that Martin was a white teen walking through the complex do you think he would have still followed him ?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know but I will ask you, if it were apparent to Zimmerman that Martin was a white teen walking through the complex do you think he would have still followed him ?

I will answer like this: if it were me, I would have followed Martin. Not solely because of the fact that he was black, but because of the many break-ins in the past 3 years and the fact that all of the ones who were caught were black...not only that but Zimmerman didn't recognize Trayvon. If it were a white kid dressed in the same manner and acting suspiciously, yes I would follow him. I can't know what Zimmerman would do, I'm not him.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will answer like this: if it were me, I would have followed Martin. Not solely because of the fact that he was black, but because of the many break-ins in the past 3 years and the fact that all of the ones who were caught were black...not only that but Zimmerman didn't recognize Trayvon. If it were a white kid dressed in the same manner and acting suspiciously, yes I would follow him. I can't know what Zimmerman would do, I'm not him.

I did not say dressed the same as , I said if it were readily apparent Martin was White would he have followed him ? You already showed your hand by saying that the past break ins were done by blacks therefore you would have followed Martin So I guess that makes this case about race in your eyes....

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On Thursday, July 11, police discovered the rotting body of 17-year-old Darryl Green, a black child from the Englewood neighborhood of Chicago. Green’s body was found behind a boarded-up house in the 6500-block of South Damen, face down on basement stairs. The body was so badly decomposed that originally, local news reports suggested that he had died of blunt force trauma. On Friday, an autopsy showed he had been shot to death. Relatives reported that Green had refused to join a gang at school.

Meanwhile, members of the media including Reverend Al Sharpton and Reverend Jesse Jackson focused on the “not guilty” verdict in the George Zimmerman trial over Trayvon Martin. The only media outlets that have covered the murder of Darryl Green are The Chicago Sun-Times and ABC 7 Chicago. The New York Times’ Joe Nocera mentioned Green in passing in a blog post devoted to highlighting gun crimes across the country. President Obama has not commented on Green’s death. Neither have any other politicians, including local Congressmen Danny Davis and Bobby Rush, or Mayor Rahm Emanuel. Neither has anyone at MSNBC, CNN, ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, The Washington Post, Associated Press, Reuters, or throughout the Hollywood community.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You think the jury got it wrong? If so, state why here and quit playing shadow games. You seem to be letting emotions rule your opinion. Jury's do not, should not have that crutch. The prosecution did not have enough evidence to prove guilt in the case of 2nd degree murder. In fact, whatever they DID have just seemed to solidify the Defense's case. This should never have gone to trial. For the same reason Zimmerman was not originally arrested. There wasn't enough evidence to arrest and charge.

I smell a noob troll.

The jury probably got it right - I haven't looked at Florida law on manslaughter and self-defense. The law gets it wrong. If an armed person initiates a confrontation and kills the person they confront, the burden should be on that person to prove they were acting in self-defense, not on the state to prove they weren't.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman made a mistake in judgement getting out of his car. However once the fight started and he was on his back getting his ass beat because he was stupid and possibly provoked it He shot the kid. He was found not guilty because of a) not enough evidence to convict b) everyone with half a brain knew they couldn't win the case which is why they had to bring in another prosecutor. The whole trial was a political show so that politicians could pretend they care to ensure they get votes. The prosecution was inept, ill prepared and bungled at every step. And in my community which is gated if I don't know you I don't care if you are white, black, hispanic, or Martian I'm going to watch, possibly follow and confront you to ask what you are doing here. I am sick and tired of everyone going a white guy shot a black kid when they don't give a flying fuck about the hundreds of black on black murders. Its all politics so they can keep their voting blocks segregated and locked into voting them back into office so they can make more money stealing from the taxpayer. I am not naive racism still exists, has always existed and will always exist because people are ignorant. But the media loves keeping it alive.. If a white kid had shot Zimmerman it would have been white kid shoots hispanic. The bottom line is Zimmerman was a tard, Trayvon should have just walked away. But sadly common sense was murdered long ago. Story here is simply neighborhood do gooder goes too far, other kid goes thug life and someone dies.