• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is comments like yours that make this issues blown out like it is. You have no idea how anything went down yet you put everything on Zimmerman. I agree the he should not have followed Martin, but he didn't just confront the kid and shoot him.

Yeah, first he stalked him for a quite a while and called the cops who told him to stop following him and not to approach him. But instead......

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem that we have with the case is that GZ did not have to put himself in the situation, he was told by 911 to walk away. If he has a right to "stand his ground" then why does Martin not have a right to "stand his ground" when being approached by a stranger?

Trayvon didn't seek him out, no matter what his background was and regardless of him wearing his hood. Zimmerman put himself in harms way. Putting yourself in a position to have to "fear for your life" shouldn't give you the right to kill. He could have walked away and let the real police do their job.
As was my first post about this....both are to blame. Zimmerman should have never went after the kid and Martin should have just went to where he was heading to.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is her incident happened then she left got a gun and went back, Zimmerman wasn't told to walk away he was told the line that the 911 dispatchers are required to say so they aren't liable, sir we don't need you to do that, or something to that affect, then the trayvon and Zimmerman got into their scuffle and he pulled his gun and fired.

lady- incident happened and is over she leaves gets gun comes back
GZ- in the middle of the incident he pulls gun fires and kills.
see the difference?

No. Zimmerman did not have to keep following him. How was Martin supposed to know who or why this grown man was following him.

Let's say GZ felt he had to keep following him, how do you explain him needing to get out of his suv? He could ave avoided the confrontation.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we have to be Trayvon defenders? I question why a guy follows another guy, calls the police, then decides to confront him for whatever reason and shoots him. I understand why he was found not guilty. Please stop using the word innocent. Do you really think Zimmerman is innocent of his role in the death of a person?

Again there's a difference between not guilty and innocent.

I remember when one of my first jobs growing up was a security guard. During the hiring process, training, daily reminders, they always stress the point to NEVER confront anyone! You job is to observe and report any details that can help assist an officer of the law.

I agree their was reasonable doubt and he should of been found not guilty but to say he is not at fault for taking the law in his own hands, means you are only trying to turn a blind eye to the truth of the matter

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Standing Your Ground" isn"t attacking someone because you don't like the fact they're following you. You guys conveniently omit all the evidence against Trayvon.

The evidence against Trayvon is that he kicked some stranger's ass who at the very least was stalking him. Nobody knows if Travyon went for GZ's gun except GZ.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Zimmerman left his car. Martin may have been the one to confront him because some guy was following him.

You say I have no idea how anything went down yet the bold indicates you do. Explain how you know he didn't initiate the confrontation?
Because a fight happened before a shot was fired.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you correlate PED convictions with a not guilty verdict in a murder trial?

:wtf2:

because you say innocent case closed. So I would think that every person who is innocent to you in a court of law is always innocent.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[SIZE=-1](3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

^^^^ That's the florida statue on stand your ground that Zimmerman was using. Despite what alot of people think, the prosecution failed their burden of proof. Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful act. he had the right to be there. it is reasonable that a man with a split open head and broken nose reasonable thought great bodily harm was going to happen. He walks. It was the right decision.

[/SIZE]

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence against Trayvon is that he kicked some stranger's ass who at the very least was stalking him. Nobody knows if Travyon went for GZ's gun except GZ.

Stalking him is an idiotic way to put it. I guess that fits your biased narrative of what happened. He followed him to assure he didn't break-in and burglarize another member of the community's home.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalking him is an idiotic way to put it. I guess that fits your biased narrative of what happened. He followed him to assure he didn't break-in and burglarize another member of the community's home.

so, how many houses did he break into before zimmerman became hot on his trail??

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Standing Your Ground" isn"t attacking someone because you don't like the fact they're following you. You guys conveniently omit all the evidence against Trayvon.

If Zimmerman would've stayed in the suv he wouldn't have been able to be attacked. Once he followed, then exited his vehicle he was now being the aggressor.

How would you react if a car followed you for a while, then a man parks and gets out the suv looking for you?

How do you know that there wasn't a verbal dispute first? Because a man fighting murder said the dead person ran up and punched him?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? That doesn't mean Zimmerman didn't confront him.
Think what you want to think other than then what was presented to to the court because I was not there. Was it Travon's voice crying out or not? Do you really know? The bottom line was that the correct verdict was called.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Zimmerman would've stayed in the suv he wouldn't have been able to be attacked. Once he followed, then exited his vehicle he was now being the aggressor.

How would you react if a car followed you for a while, then a man parks and gets out the suv looking for you?

How do you know that there wasn't a verbal dispute first? Because a man fighting murder said the dead person ran up and punched him?

Getting out of his vehicle has no bearing here. Leaving your vehicle is not an illegal act. Here is the part of the statue Zimmerman used.

[SIZE=-1](3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
[/SIZE]

I am sorry.. but that's the law. And Zimmerman reasonably thought he was facing great bodily harm.. his nose was broke and his head was split.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read to me the definition of stalking.

So your narrative is that he followed him to "assure" didn't burglarize another home. So Zimmerman knows that Trayvon is a bugler? Can you show me a conviction for Trayvon? Or you just reading the report of him getting caught with jewelry and they just let him off?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
erc-

trayvon was a juvie.. none of his records are available

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, if Trayvon would have knocked Zimmerman out quickly and then killed him... everyone would be up in arms on why Zimmerman didn't shoot him earlier.

This was a lose:lose... Zimmerman should have left well enough alone.

But honestly, he will give an exclusive interview to some TV network now and get $1,000,000 for it... and have more money than most of us as his PR campaign continues while he lives in seclusion.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't use a gun to watch... he used the gun when he was attacked for watching.

we dont know who attacked who. we dont. it's all speculative. that's why he walks. if the state could prove zimmerman the aggressor.. then he would be in jail. but getting out of your car is not illegal or aggresive. yelling at someone isnt either.

according to the stand your ground law.. zimmerman was in his rights.