• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my point is just because you didn't fear for your life doesn't mean that GZ didn't. he didn't grow up the same way you did or in the same place. just like you didn't grow up how or where he did. Just because you weren't scared doesn't mean that he wasn't. every person is wired differently, that is why there are people who get into the ring and box or mma fight and others who wouldn't do that.

Ok. I understand your point and its a valid one. I just dont believe GZ feared his life was in danger and I could be absolutely wrong. Like you have stated, every person is wired differently, and we will never know the whole story

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I understand your point and its a valid one. I just dont believe GZ feared his life was in danger and I could be absolutely wrong. Like you have stated, every person is wired differently, and we will never know the whole story

I also don't buy that he feared for his life. The only reason he chose to confront him is because he had a gun.

So is it now plausible that someone could confront someone they don't like, get them to hit you a few times and it is ok to shoot them?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't his story that he feared for his life after Martin started to kick his ass, he then reached for his gun and then Martin reached for it too? Or was it that Martin reached for his gun first?

Either way, it wasn't the fight that made him fear for his life... it was when Zimmerman felt Martin was going for his gun.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't buy that he feared for his life. The only reason he chose to confront him is because he had a gun.

So is it now plausible that someone could confront someone they don't like, get them to hit you a few times and it is ok to shoot them?

Good question if you ask me! I guess I really dont understand how the law is written in florida but it seems it doesnt apply to everyone?

stand.jpg

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question if you ask me! I guess I really dont understand how the law is written in florida but it seems it doesnt apply to everyone?

View attachment 5874
I believe the reason she was found guilty is because it is perceived that if you have time to fire warning shots then you have time to flee. Had she shot dude center mass then she could have used self defense that she was scared for her life. that's how I think the law is interpreted. don't neccesarily agree if she was being beaten but that's the way it is written.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what you Trayvon defenders view as the evidence that should've convicted Zimmerman of murder. The reason that Zimmerman was found innocent of murder and manslaughter, is because there was no viable evidence to convict him.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 5874

Let me help elaborate on this excellent point.

PressTV - US woman gets 20 yrs for warning shot

A quote from the link to her case

"A judge threw out Alexander's "stand your ground" self-defense claim, noting that she could have run out of the house to escape her husband but instead got the gun and went back inside."

Zimmerman was told to walk away by a 911 dispatch. Zimmerman failed to follow directions from authority, then go approach and make hostile situation.

I really don't see a difference with the two cases, except that a person died in the not guilty decision.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what you Trayvon defenders view as the evidence that should've convicted Zimmerman of murder. The reason that Zimmerman was found innocent of murder and manslaughter, is because there was no viable evidence to convict him.
Not really sure either. Must be a race thing or people just not informed about our justice system.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the reason she was found guilty is because it is perceived that if you have time to fire warning shots then you have time to flee. Had she shot dude center mass then she could have used self defense that she was scared for her life. that's how I think the law is interpreted. don't neccesarily agree if she was being beaten but that's the way it is written.

thanks Jarrod, thats what i assumed as well. I wonder with all this national attention on Florida, if that law will have revisions? If she is really facing 20 years, thats a bit extreme for a warning shot! dont you think?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do we have to be Trayvon defenders? I question why a guy follows another guy, calls the police, then decides to confront him for whatever reason and shoots him. I understand why he was found not guilty. Please stop using the word innocent. Do you really think Zimmerman is innocent of his role in the death of a person?

Again there's a difference between not guilty and innocent.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help elaborate on this excellent point.

PressTV - US woman gets 20 yrs for warning shot

A quote from the link to her case

"A judge threw out Alexander's "stand your ground" self-defense claim, noting that she could have run out of the house to escape her husband but instead got the gun and went back inside."

Zimmerman was told to walk away by a 911 dispatch. Zimmerman failed to follow directions from authority, then go approach and make hostile situation.

I really don't see a difference with the two cases, except that a person died in the not guilty decision.

Difference is her incident happened then she left got a gun and went back, Zimmerman wasn't told to walk away he was told the line that the 911 dispatchers are required to say so they aren't liable, sir we don't need you to do that, or something to that affect, then the trayvon and Zimmerman got into their scuffle and he pulled his gun and fired.

lady- incident happened and is over she leaves gets gun comes back
GZ- in the middle of the incident he pulls gun fires and kills.
see the difference?

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we have to be Trayvon defenders? I question why a guy follows another guy, calls the police, then decides to confront him for whatever reason and shoots him. I understand why he was found not guilty. Please stop using the word innocent. Do you really think Zimmerman is innocent of his role in the death of a person?

according to all accounts trayvon confronted Zimmerman so there is a flaw in your thinking, I would agree with you if Zimmerman had ran up to and confronted trayvon but according to evidence trayvon ducked away then came back out and confronted and punched Zimmerman.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure either. Must be a race thing or people just not informed about our justice system.

The problem that we have with the case is that GZ did not have to put himself in the situation, he was told by 911 to walk away. If he has a right to "stand his ground" then why does Martin not have a right to "stand his ground" when being approached by a stranger?

Trayvon didn't seek him out, no matter what his background was and regardless of him wearing his hood. Zimmerman put himself in harms way. Putting yourself in a position to have to "fear for your life" shouldn't give you the right to kill. He could have walked away and let the real police do their job.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's innocent. Case closed.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I remember this one time I was in Texas, down near the Alamo... I was surrounded by two thousand men and I was the last one alive....

All I could think about was..... I can't wait till they finish torturing me so I can fight them all one on one. Wonder who will be brave enough to face me.....?

:burt:

Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is comments like yours that make this issues blown out like it is. You have no idea how anything went down yet you put everything on Zimmerman. I agree the he should not have followed Martin, but he didn't just confront the kid and shoot him.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem that we have with the case is that GZ did not have to put himself in the situation, he was told by 911 to walk away. If he has a right to "stand his ground" then why does Martin not have a right to "stand his ground" when being approached by a stranger?

Trayvon didn't seek him out, no matter what his background was and regardless of him wearing his hood. Zimmerman put himself in harms way. Putting yourself in a position to have to "fear for your life" shouldn't give you the right to kill. He could have walked away and let the real police do their job.

"Standing Your Ground" isn"t attacking someone because you don't like the fact they're following you. You guys conveniently omit all the evidence against Trayvon.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is comments like yours that make this issues blown out like it is. You have no idea how anything went down yet you put everything on Zimmerman. I agree the he should not have followed Martin, but he didn't just confront the kid and shoot him.

Because Zimmerman left his car. Martin may have been the one to confront him because some guy was following him.

You say I have no idea how anything went down yet the bold indicates you do. Explain how you know he didn't initiate the confrontation?