• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Zimmerman Not Guilty

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion with the verdict. The prosecution argued that Zimmerman shot an unarmed Teen. Not a person that has not committed any sin. If text messages, smoking weed and fighting have a death penalty as a punishment there are a lot of people in trouble and a lot of people in prison that need to be released immediately for doing the system a favor and taking care of this punishment. I'm sure you don't agree but the things you mentioned I don't think had anything to do with the case. Was Zimmerman briefed of these things before or after he murdered him?
I nowhere said he deserved to die because of what he had done prior to that night. But I don't like people painting him as an innocent little boy who was preyed upon. I don't agree with Zimmerman following him the way he did, but I also don't agree with trayvon attacking him for following him.

salone97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we agree.

Carrying a gun and using it for self defense in an unfortunate thing to have to occur, but is his right to do so under Florida law.

rfjeff9 lets just respect each other's opinion and agree to disagree. Of course I felt it should have gone to trial. I was just being sarcastic with that statement by saying the police should have just taken Zimmerman's word that it was done in self defense.

The jury made their ruling and people are acting like this means what GZ did was not wrong. This just simply means they felt they could not find him guilty for whatever reasons they had.

I feel the verdict should have been guilty on manslaughter but 100% expected a not guilty verdict.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said he shouldn't have gotten out his car. the kid broke zimmermans nose and he had cuts on the back of his head and the ME reported no injuries on trayvon except the gunshot so the evidence points to trayvon attacking him. at the end of the day we can battle back and forth forever, neither me or you were there and don't know 100% of what transpired. but we do know that there was reasonable doubt that Zimmerman felt his life was in danger therefore they couldn't convict him.

Again the fact is the Nose was Not broken , quit watching FoxNews......

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman was innocent because the jury didn't let their emotion over rule the facts. The people that are going to riot don't know how to control their emotions and they let their emotions over rule facts.

:clap::clap::agree:

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rfjeff9 lets just respect each other's opinion and agree to disagree. Of course I felt it should have gone to trial. I was just being sarcastic with that statement by saying the police should have just taken Zimmerman's word that it was done in self defense.

The jury made their ruling and people are acting like this means what GZ did was not wrong. This just simply means they felt they could not find him guilty for whatever reasons they had.

I feel the verdict should have been guilty on manslaughter but 100% expected a not guilty verdict.

OK. I don't disagree that what Zimmerman did was wrong. He did something stupid and it could have been avoided. I would never have done that, but then again, I am an unconfrontational sort. So his actions do not make sense to me.

Yes, the evidence and facts didn't support the prosecutions case of second degree murder is what I am saying.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we agree.

Carrying a gun and using it for self defense in an unfortunate thing to have to occur, but is his right to do so under Florida law.

However would Zimmerman have even followed let alone got out of his car if he didn't have that legal gun ? As big of a pussy as his own lawyers even portrayed him as I would say that is a definite NO.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman was innocent because the jury didn't let their emotion over rule the facts. The people that are going to riot don't know how to control their emotions and they let their emotions over rule facts.

So you were ok with the OJ and Casey Anthony verdicts?

In any case there's a difference between being not guilty and innocent. Just because Zimmerman was found not guilty in a court of law doesn't make him innocent. There are hundreds of reasons why a person can be found not guilty.

The jury should be emotionless but the people don't have to be nor they should. Their displeasure can cause change so something like this doesn't happen again.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However would Zimmerman have even followed let alone got out of his car if he didn't have that legal gun ? As big of a pussy as his own lawyers even portrayed him as I would say that is a definite NO.

that's the point of a gun, it makes the weak strong.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you were ok with the OJ and Casey Anthony verdicts?

In any case there's a difference between being not guilty and innocent. Just because Zimmerman was found not guilty in a court of law doesn't make him innocent. There are hundreds of reasons why a person can be found not guilty.

The jury should be emotionless but the people don't have to be nor they should. Their displeasure can cause change so something like this doesn't happen again.

======

Yes, i like our legal system, because it only looks at the facts and doesn't let emotions determine guilt. People shouldn't be emotionless, but people shouldn't ruin other lives because of their emotions.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reaction to all the negative reactions about the verdict are that I am surprised so many people honestly felt like a guilty verdict was coming.

The evidence all seemed to support zimmermans story if you ask me. And in any case, zimmerman is hardly free. He will now face civil trials and will never be free to walk around in public. He will always be looking over his shoulder. Sounds like a pretty terrible way to live if you ask me, and he deserves that. To spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder just like Martin felt that night when he noticed some asshole was following him around in the dark of night.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People sue Mcdonalds for making them fat....so why don't they go after the entity/group that allowed Zimmerman to be on "neighborhood watch?" Lawsuit for gross negligence?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you giving Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt ? There were no witnesses to account for Trayvon attacking Zimmerman and why does Martin have to run home but a civilian with a gun stalking does not have to retreat ? Martin Was not on trial here Zimmerman was.

Ask yourself that same question about Martin. Get back with me when you have an answer.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People sue Mcdonalds for making them fat....so why don't they go after the entity/group that allowed Zimmerman to be on "neighborhood watch?" Lawsuit for gross negligence?

Oh, they'll probably get named in the wrongful death suit along with Zimmerman.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself that same question about Martin. Get back with me when you have an answer.

How am I giving Martin the benefit of the doubt ? by stating he was an unarmed kid ? and again Who exactly was on trial here ?

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the verdict?

I do not agree with the verdict I was anticipating a hung jury and a re trial , however I accept the jurors decision , what I don't understand is those that not only agree with the verdict but were outwardly pulling for Zimmerman......

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
======

Yes, i like our legal system, because it only looks at the facts and doesn't let emotions determine guilt. People shouldn't be emotionless, but people shouldn't ruin other lives because of their emotions.

Yes. Based on the facts presented ,the jury had no choice but to give the not guilty charge. If the charges were stalking or harassment,etc. ,this outcome would be different. Justice and Law is not based on emotions.....for a very good reason.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not agree with the verdict I was anticipating a hung jury and a re trial , however I accept the jurors decision , what I don't understand is those that not only agree with the verdict but were outwardly pulling for Zimmerman......
My guess would be for the same reason why people were outwardly pulling against him, because they didn't look at the entire case and rushed to a decision based on things like race and emotion. if you take those 2 things out of the equation you have a prosecution who failed to prove that Zimmerman committed MURDER 2. Had they tried to get him for a lesser charge they most likely would have convicted him but because of the public out cry of a poor little innocent black kid(which he wasn't) being shot and killed by a big bad white man(as he was first portrayed in the media even though he is of Hispanic descent) they overcharged him and came away empty handed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still hate to be him; I'd be worried about my life. But that's why I don't go around shooting people. Ok, not funny. Seriously though, I'd be scared if I were him. Prison would seem safer though never pleasant. Not saying someone WILL do something, just wouldn't be surprised and would be scared if I were him.

Then again, once you die you're dead, out of pain of the killing. Being injured or maimed would be worse. That, perhaps would be scarier.

Prison would be safer, but he'll go into hiding similar to what Johannes Mehserle, the BART cop who shot and murdered Oscar Grant at the BART Fruitvale station, and just disappear from the public eye.

I can't really state too much on this case because to be honest, I haven't watched the entire court proceedings and deliberations, but from just reading the facts, it just seems ridiculous, but not surprising, how guys such as Mehserle can either get acquitted or get less than 1 year in prison for the murder of young black men. As for Zimmerman, I still have to watch the whole damn thing on CNN to infer what the heck happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman killed an unarmed teen because he lost a fight. I understand the reasonable doubt and the prosecution shouldn't have gone for a murder 2 charge. But that doesn't make GZ any less of a bitch. He feared for a his life because he can't use his fists like a man.

Majority of the guys on SportsHoopla are cowards just like GZ and why they disregard the fact, it was a fist fight with a child. If children make you fear for your life, why are you even the neighborhood watch nominee??

I can tell you if I got my ass handed to me by a CHILD, no one would have ever knew about it other than him, God, and those on the scene.