• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all re Stannis. I want him dead also. Next week. I actually want to see Roose and Ramsay flay him alive.

Not saying it was an easy decision for Stannis, but he put his personal ambitions ahead of his devoted daughter. Scumbag.

Nice contrast by the directors. Remember last week, Tyrion tells Danerys something like "A ruler who kills those devoted to her, does not inspire devotion" (or something like that). This week, Stannis gives Shireen the old Roman "thumbs down" with little struggle, then the directors cut to Danerys, seeing Jorah walk out to fight in the pits. She struggles before she claps her hands, knowing it could very well be Jorah's death sentence. So which pretender inspires devotion, who is the better ruler?

I thought Emilia Clarke had one of her better weeks. You could really feel her conflict and pain before she decides on Jorah;s fate. And Iain Glen was awesome. He looks at Danerys when she is struggling and only through facial expression says: "It's OK Danerys, I failed you, I love you, I know it is over. I accept my fate. Do what you have to do. Thsi was my choice."

Nice catch. Great episode all around. I guess the Khaleesi riding the dragon is the key to her getting to Westeros. That whole fighting pit scene was perfect, loved everything about it. Also, Jorah, stop fucking touching everyone you diseased freak.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who will be more pissed at Stannis for burning his daughter, Davos or Meryn Trant.

I don't know. She was getting kind of old.

I thought Emilia Clarke had one of her better weeks. You could really feel her conflict and pain before she decides on Jorah;s fate. And Iain Glen was awesome. He looks at Danerys when she is struggling and only through facial expression says: "It's OK Danerys, I failed you, I love you, I know it is over. I accept my fate. Do what you have to do. Thsi was my choice."

She had a great wordless sequence where multiple emotions were visible on her face. I was surprised how good her acting was in last nights episode.

I wonder if the final scene is one of if not the most expensive sequnces in TV series history. It was a long scene and had a lot going on even before the dragon showed up. Once you factor in the dragon costs (dragon wranglers, food, insurance, makeup for the spears etc) it had to be really pricey.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the final scene is one of if not the most expensive sequnces in TV series history. It was a long scene and had a lot going on even before the dragon showed up. Once you factor in the dragon costs (dragon wranglers, food, insurance, makeup for the spears etc) it had to be really pricey.

No kidding. And dont forget the dragon vet bills.

Very anti-PETA episode. Besides turning Drogon into a pin cushion, the Ramsay attack on the Stannis camp resulted in some horses running around on fire. :nono:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all re Stannis. I want him dead also. Next week. I actually want to see Roose and Ramsay flay him alive.

Not saying it was an easy decision for Stannis, but he put his personal ambitions ahead of his devoted daughter. Scumbag.

Nice contrast by the directors. Remember last week, Tyrion tells Danerys something like "A ruler who kills those devoted to her, does not inspire devotion" (or something like that). This week, Stannis gives Shireen the old Roman "thumbs down" with little struggle, then the directors cut to Danerys, seeing Jorah walk out to fight in the pits. She struggles before she claps her hands, knowing it could very well be Jorah's death sentence. So which pretender inspires devotion, who is the better ruler?

My thought also. Never thought I would want the Bolton's to win that battle, but now? Definitely do.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya needs to kill someone asap. I'm ready for that storyline to pay off, it's been a real slow burn.

Speaking of slow burn and storylines that are disappointing thus far, Dorne needs to get to the point. Where are we heading here?

I'm glad Jon and the Wildlings weren't locked out and there wasn't an entire episode dedicated to Jon trying to convince everyone to let them through. Just straight to the point.

Ser Davos just knew bad shit was going to happen. I would like to hope eventually he helps Brienne bring about the downfall of Stannis. Then maybe Brienne heads up to the wall with her Valyarian Steel sword and we have a collection of actual good guys teaming up.

I'm ready for some positivity on this show. Arya needs to off some scumbags, Stannis and the Boltons need to wipe each other out, Khaleesi needs to get moving, the Wall needs to get their shit together and develop some sort of plan.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I am looking forward to next week, I am concerned that a lot of plotlines will be left hanging. I really dont see how in one week they will:

Have a mutiny at the Wall
Cersei's "repentance" and Walk of Shame
Send Jaime back to Kings Landing with Myrcella
Do something :noidea: with Bronn and the Sand Sisters
Stannis attack on Winterfell
Sansa/Brienne/Theon/maybe others??? This was hinted at in the trailer for next week
Arya and Meryn Trant. And what about The Thin Man?
Whats next for Tyrion and Jorah? Again hinted at in trailers

I really thought Danerys flying off would be the end of her plotline for Season 5. Apparently she gets some airtime next week where she meets up with "Strangers" :noidea:

Way too much for one hour. We shall see, hope I am wrong.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I am looking forward to next week, I am concerned that a lot of plotlines will be left hanging. I really dont see how in one week they will:

Sansa/Brienne/Theon/maybe others??? This was hinted at in the trailer for next week

I really thought Danerys flying off would be the end of her plotline for Season 5. Apparently she gets some airtime next week where she meets up with "Strangers" :noidea:

I have a feeling there will be very little closure this season.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm ready for some positivity on this show.
Arya needs to off some scumbags, Stannis and the Boltons need to wipe each other out, Khaleesi needs to get moving, the Wall needs to get their shit together and develop some sort of plan.

The positivity part of the show is one of my major problems at times. In some episodes, even at times it seems in multiple episodes, bad guy wins, bade guy wins, bad guy wins. It gets heavy at times. I thought last night's was going to be that way until the dragon showed up.

That's what I hope, that Stannis and the Boltons are destroyed leaving a bunch of confused people wondering who to follow. I'd like Brienne to take care of Ramsey.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The positivity part of the show is one of my major problems at times. In some episodes, even at times it seems in multiple episodes, bad guy wins, bade guy wins, bad guy wins. It gets heavy at times. I thought last night's was going to be that way until the dragon showed up.

That's what I hope, that Stannis and the Boltons are destroyed leaving a bunch of confused people wondering who to follow. I'd like Brienne to take care of Ramsey.

Totally agree re positivity. I know Leo Durocher said "nice guys finish last", but come on. Do they have to lose every thing every time?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot that Meryn Trant was on Arya's list. She coulda mumbled it or something. My memory doesnt always go back 5 seasons

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot that Meryn Trant was on Arya's list. She coulda mumbled it or something. My memory doesnt always go back 5 seasons

Yep. She'll obviously prey on his preference for a certain type of female but will she do it as Arya or will she be given a new face? It will be satisfying to see that creep get what's coming to him.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe both spoiler tag items will happen without much resolution to them. The Cersei part will happen because it was filmed and there was an issue with the filming. The Jon Snow part is a big part of the end of book 5 so I think we will be left with the same situation as the book.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ... someone spoil something for me? lol

Im guessing here ... I have the books but havent read them ... and i havent looked at spoiler sites

The Mountain is going to re-emerge as some sort of invincible frankenstein type killing machine and save Cersei, correct?

just think it would be the perfect battle between "science" and "faith"

yes or no answer in a spoiler tag please and thanks :)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ... someone spoil something for me? lol

Im guessing here ... I have the books but havent read them ... and i havent looked at spoiler sites

The Mountain is going to re-emerge as some sort of invincible frankenstein type killing machine and save Cersei, correct?

just think it would be the perfect battle between "science" and "faith"

yes or no answer in a spoiler tag please and thanks :)

I'm anticipating that as well.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't tell you, haven't read the books. I'm halfway through the first one and it is a grind. Reading the first 375 pages is the equivalent of reading 3 other, 250 page books.

lol i hear you ... i got a paperback series set a year ago now and I havent even pulled the plastic off it because it looks like it would take a while

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read them all except Book 1. I got half way through it and got royally pissed when the cut Ned Stark's head off, and said, screw this I am not reading any further.

Not sure why I then went to Book 2 and resumed.....maybe my psychiatrist can 'splain it to me this week.