• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe both spoiler tag items will happen without much resolution to them. The Cersei part will happen because it was filmed and there was an issue with the filming. The Jon Snow part is a big part of the end of book 5 so I think we will be left with the same situation as the book.

Agreed. Both will take up a fair amount of airtime, and add to that the Winterfell battle, and there should not be much time left in the hour for all the other "stuff". We shall see.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so how does this work? you gotta be a full blown stone man to pass greyscale on to someone?

I was wondering that also. Davos had no problem kissing Shireen on the forehead. I asked my wife "WTF" and her answer was "Shireen was cured, just left with some residual damage". So :noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:

Logically it should be a contact thing.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. She'll obviously prey on his preference for a certain type of female but will she do it as Arya or will she be given a new face? It will be satisfying to see that creep get what's coming to him.

she could do trade-sies with the other young girl faceless trainee

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just replaying the scene with Stannis and Shireen in my head. Shireen loves her daddy and offers to do "anything to help him." The MF POS takes her up on it.

I hate Stannis Baratheon.

And his little dog Toto, errr Melissandre, too.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering that also. Davos had no problem kissing Shireen on the forehead. I asked my wife "WTF" and her answer was "Shireen was cured, just left with some residual damage". So :noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:

Logically it should be a contact thing.

yah they mentioned in a previous episode that Shireen had been cured so i was ok with that contact ... but Jorah is "contagious"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just replaying the scene with Stannis and Shireen in my head. Shireen loves her daddy and offers to do "anything to help him." The MF POS takes her up on it.

I hate Stannis Baratheon.

And his little dog Toto, errr Melissandre, too.

and how about mom ... that withering/dithering piece of shit ... stands there saying to Stannis it is the right choice to sacrifice their daughter and then she hears Shireen scream out to her "mother" as she burns and suddenly she cares ... effin twat!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, it's all Jon Snow's fault - if he had just banged Melisandre all of this would've been avoided.

Moral of the story: sexual responsibility never pays.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, it's all Jon Snow's fault - if he had just banged Melisandre all of this would've been avoided.

Moral of the story: sexual responsibility never pays.

Exactly!

She would have went north to Hardhome with Jon, and probably having glowing blue eyes by now.

I bet Mr. Leader of the White Walkers would have no problem hittin' that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck YOU Stannis ...

wow that was brutal. I dont see alot of people online quitting GOT after that scene vs the Sansa Wedding night scene. I guess they are mostly ok with a little girl being burnt alive at a stake.

I really thought there would be more outcry on that.

great episode. I take it the dragons are not so tough to spears at this age? He seemed to be speared quite easily there... I loved that scene however

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck YOU Stannis ...

wow that was brutal. I dont see alot of people online quitting GOT after that scene vs the Sansa Wedding night scene. I guess they are mostly ok with a little girl being burnt alive at a stake.

great episode. I take it the dragons are not so tough to spears at this age? He seemed to be speared quite easily there... I loved that scene however

I think sex has always been more taboo than violence so it's not shocking that people aren't "outraged" by that scene versus the Sansa scene.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck YOU Stannis ...

dumbass me, I was actually worried about the dragon's health. Sure, they burn and eat the farmers kid and others and are uncontrollable yet when he gets a few spears in him I thought "Oh no I hope he doesn't get killed".

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw some ... saw a mocking article with a title something like "Its monday morning and Im outraged by this Game of Thrones episode"

probably less outcry than expected since every episode it loses a few more viewers who are MORALLY OUTRAGED by the last episode ... soon, no-one will be watching lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumbass me, I was actually worried about the dragon's health. Sure, they burn and eat the farmers kid and others and are uncontrollable yet when he gets a few spears in him I thought "Oh no I hope he doesn't get killed".

That would have been too cruel for the audience. Finally this beacon of hope and they have him killed off by masked slavery enthusiasts? Just too much to put up with.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would have been too cruel for the audience. Finally this beacon of hope and they have him killed off by masked slavery enthusiasts? Just too much to put up with.

Oh yeah, I would not have been happy

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You probably cheered for the shark in Jaws.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some ... saw a mocking article with a title something like "Its monday morning and Im outraged by this Game of Thrones episode"

probably less outcry than expected since every episode it loses a few more viewers who are MORALLY OUTRAGED by the last episode ... soon, no-one will be watching lol
Funnily enough, a shit ton of people did actually not watch the next episode according to the ratings here: Game of Thrones (season 5) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...but then the episode after that was the second-most watched after the season premiere, so people got over their hysteria quickly it seems.