• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to be clear. The books are caught up to the show (or viceversa) and no new books are available. so if you read the books the show is at the same timeline with difference or variations of storylines.

?

Pretty well, yes. Well, at least we are expecting this by the end of the episode Sunday.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty well, yes. Well, at least we are expecting this by the end of the episode Sunday.

yeah that is what I was hoping for. Thanks Ill start reading the books in the off season then...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from buzzfeed yesterday ... lol

The show is going to overtake the books, and it’s going to do it next season. The show’s already doing it now! We’re out of book content, and the showrunners are out of fucks.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the show is more or less caught up to or passed the books for most characters. But there are still a few storylines that have been left out that they could still use as source material. Jamie goes to a different location after Tywin dies and doesn't take Bronn with him. My guess is that next season Jamie will goto that location. And even though it didn't happen in the books, Bronn will probably join him again. There are some characters that we've not seen in a while that will also be involved in that storyline.

There's also a few characters and a storyline from the books, that have been left out so far. We've met members of this family but not these guys in particular. Based on some of the descriptions of new characters for next season, it seems likely that at least 1 of these guys will appear.

There are a few other storylines that were missed, that they might incorporate somehow but I'm guessing they won't. The best time to have involved those characters seems to have passed.

Last edited:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OMG. That was great.

I realized by the end that I am such a mark for GoT. I havent been this big a fan of anything since the Macho Man Randy Savage back in the 80s. Oh yeahhhhhhh.

I better schedule a session with my therapist for Monday. I am going to be in a world of depressed after the season wraps up Sunday.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG. That was great.

I realized by the end that I am such a mark for GoT. I havent been this big a fan of anything since the Macho Man Randy Savage back in the 80s. Oh yeahhhhhhh.

I better schedule a session with my therapist for Monday. I am going to be in a world of depressed after the season wraps up Sunday.

cant believe how fast this season has gone. 10 weeks just like that poof

tumblr_lhpvlsBN0M1qakh43o1_400.gif

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I hope to see on Sunday, otherwise known as "BGDave's list" (with apologies to Arya):

Stannis Baratheon
Meryn Trant
Stannis Baratheon
Melissandre
Stannis Baratheon
Theon Greyjoy
Stannis Baratheon
Ramsay Bolton
Stannis Baratheon
Roose Bolton
Stannis Baratheon
High Sparrow
Stannis Baratheon

If someone makes a dent in this list on Sunday, I would be one happy puppy.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^
will "the snow" be covered in blood :eyebrows:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like it might be a real cliffhanger finish

775f03f17bcd4fbfcfb90d868c00b567.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just replaying the scene with Stannis and Shireen in my head. Shireen loves her daddy and offers to do "anything to help him." The MF POS takes her up on it.

I hate Stannis Baratheon.

And his little dog Toto, errr Melissandre, too.

That was brutal to watch. Couldn't stand it.

That said, I disagree with you on one thing. Melissandre. I'd bang that chick five ways from Thursday. Twice.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some ... saw a mocking article with a title something like "Its monday morning and Im outraged by this Game of Thrones episode"

probably less outcry than expected since every episode it loses a few more viewers who are MORALLY OUTRAGED by the last episode ... soon, no-one will be watching lol

I wasn't morally outraged because I'm an immoral piece of shit, but that was an extremely difficult scene for me to watch. I usually watch episodes again just to make sure I caught everything, but I haven't watched that one because I don't want to see that bit again.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was brutal to watch. Couldn't stand it.

That said, I disagree with you on one thing. Melissandre. I'd bang that chick five ways from Thursday. Twice.

I will support you 110% as long as you hit it so hard she is dead at the end !