• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me in the Red Woman saves Jon camp. Otherwise why make a point of her going back to the wall?

The cutaway just as Stannis was about to get his strongly implies he's still alive. Where they would go with him from here, I don't know.

I'll assume Theon and Sansa landed in a bout 30 feet of snow that cushioned their fall. Theon pulling through was good to see.

Arya's little bit was satisfying and then weird.

Is it bad Varys showing back up was the most positive thing that happened this entire episode?

The second Oberyn's long necked lover kissed Myrcella I knew she was dead. I guess they'll save the Dorne/Kings landing Civil War for next season?

So were the Dothraki totally on board with Dany? Is she their Khaleesi again? Or was she just some person they stumbled across and now she's their property? It looked like they were celebrating her rather than capturing, maybe they realize whoever has the dragons is the alpha?

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So were the Dothraki totally on board with Dany? Is she their Khaleesi again? Or was she just some person they stumbled across and now she's their property? It looked like they were celebrating her rather than capturing, maybe they realize whoever has the dragons is the alpha?

It looked like a celebration to me. I should probably know better than to try & apply a little 'common sense' to this show but, if they intended to capture her, surely it would only take a couple of riders with ropes or nets.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it 100% those were Dothraki that "surrounded" Daenerys

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
book readers ... this is where the last book left off right? just as far as the Jon snow storyline ... with Jon Snow shiv'ed?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. Anyone know if they used CGI or body paint to modify her appearance?

I read last night that some a body double was used for some of the parts of the scene. Still, there were plenty of full shots including her face so I assume most of it was her. At least I do not think they could use cgi to attach her head onto another body and not have it look weird.

Put me in the Red Woman saves Jon camp. Otherwise why make a point of her going back to the wall?

The cutaway just as Stannis was about to get his strongly implies he's still alive. Where they would go with him from here, I don't know.

I'll assume Theon and Sansa landed in a bout 30 feet of snow that cushioned their fall. Theon pulling through was good to see.

Arya's little bit was satisfying and then weird.

Is it bad Varys showing back up was the most positive thing that happened this entire episode?

The second Oberyn's long necked lover kissed Myrcella I knew she was dead. I guess they'll save the Dorne/Kings landing Civil War for next season?

That's how I feel about the Red Woman. Why else show her return?

If it was anyone else but Brienne I would think Stannis was still alive. She seems pretty honorable.

I was wondering how things were left of with Dany and the Dothraki. I cannot remember.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was anyone else but Brienne I would think Stannis was still alive. She seems pretty honorable.
This is so cheap of the show. Ooooohhhh people will be all SHOCKED when we return and Brienne and Pod and Stannis are galloping merrily!

They've lost respect for the viewer. They're in Sopranos Vito-is-gay territory.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so cheap of the show. Ooooohhhh people will be all SHOCKED when we return and Brienne and Pod and Stannis are galloping merrily!

They've lost respect for the viewer. They're in Sopranos Vito-is-gay territory.

Agree. I think the directors have jumped the shark on the whole "are they dead or aren't they?"

You can do it once, maybe a second time, but for me it detracts from the series now.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering how things were left of with Dany and the Dothraki. I cannot remember.

Cersei - I was wondering more about the body art. Lena has a lot, Cersei had none. :noidea:

Danerys - I think a lot of the Dothraki never accepted her even when Khal Drogo was around. Weren't they rebelling against her when she walked into the fire with the dragon eggs and hatched them? I want to say she did not part on good terms with them, and IIRC, the Dothraki clans dont exactly get along. This could very likley be a rival clan who have no love lost for her former clan.

Man, that was a long time ago. Before LAK won even one Cup.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cersei - I was wondering more about the body art. Lena has a lot, Cersei had none. :noidea:

Danerys - I think a lot of the Dothraki never accepted her even when Khal Drogo was around. Weren't they rebelling against her when she walked into the fire with the dragon eggs and hatched them? I want to say she did not part on good terms with them, and IIRC, the Dothraki clans dont exactly get along. This could very likley be a rival clan who have no love lost for her former clan.

Man, that was a long time ago. Before LAK won even one Cup.
From what I heard, much of that walk was body doubles.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read last night that some a body double was used for some of the parts of the scene. Still, there were plenty of full shots including her face so I assume most of it was her. At least I do not think they could use cgi to attach her head onto another body and not have it look weird.

I just read one review that complained about the CGI used to place Heady's head onto the other body, so perhaps barely any of it was her. I must not have been looking at the right parts to notice bad CGI.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read one review that complained about the CGI used to place Heady's head onto the other body, so perhaps barely any of it was her. I must not have been looking at the right parts to notice bad CGI.

They showed her head during the Walk of Shame? :noidea:

I was focused on her shoulders. Yeah, thats it. Her shoulders.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a career standpoint I feel like Kit Harington could have a decent post-Thrones career if he plays his cards right, become Orlando Bloom 2.0.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Drogo became a zombie, they all started in-fighting and the vast majority of them left. Only a small handful stayed loyal to Dany.

This is a new set of Dothraki, I think. Their leader had a long pony-tail, comparable to Drogo's.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck happened to the Stark boys?
If you mean Bran and Rickon, we have no idea. We have not seen Rickon since early S4 and we have not seen Bran since he joined up with the Children in the S4 finale.

I suspect we will see both in S6. Of course, I was expecting to see Gandy in this episode, so what do I know?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean Bran and Rickon, we have no idea. We have not seen Rickon since early S4 and we have not seen Bran since he joined up with the Children in the S4 finale.

I suspect we will see both in S6. Of course, I was expecting to see Gandy in this episode, so what do I know?

Reek did inform Sansa that her brothers were alive so now that they are "free" of Ramsay I wouldn't be shocked if they run into Osha/Rickon.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there had been news released last summer that Bran/Hodor werent cast for any of season 5

in the oculus rift GOT exhibit tour from last year, they had multiple costumes of those 2 characters on display ... because they werent going to be used in filming

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so that group was definitely dothraki?

Regardless, i have a feeling Daenerys will not be in danger from this tribe ... Drogon has got to have some semblance of a brain

Knowing he was injured he probably flew to a safe spot (for both of them) to recuperate ... im thinking this tribe worships the dragon ... if they were a Dothraki offshoot, maybe they have heard the tall tales of this mother of dragons and you have to think they would have seen her riding him into town lol