• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrion offing his sister. Oh how I hope to see that.
I cant imagine them NOT going this route. Tyrion is just about everyone's favorite, and she has been fucking with him since ep 1.

He HAS to get the honors, hopefully sometime mid S7.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is who did the nude work for Lena Headey.
rebecca-van-cleave-.jpg

Wow, I want to see the walk without Lena's head.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So icymi ...
a drone captured footage of Jon Snow on the set of GOT

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly the most quotable line ever from this show at the end of this trailer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a theory on YouTube this weekend that actually makes a lot of sense...

Tyrion is a Targarian, along with Khalisi and Jon. Any time the Targarian are mentioned throughout the show, they are mentioned in threes. There are 3 dragons to be ridden. Tywin outright said that he was unable to prove that he was not his father (hintng that there was a question).

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a theory on YouTube this weekend that actually makes a lot of sense...

Tyrion is a Targarian, along with Khalisi and Jon. Any time the Targarian are mentioned throughout the show, they are mentioned in threes. There are 3 dragons to be ridden. Tywin outright said that he was unable to prove that he was not his father (hintng that there was a question).

Yup! In the books they talk about how the mad king lusted for Tywin's wife, and there are several hints that he could be a Targarean as likely suspected by Tywin who is too concerned with his family's legacy to ever verbally reveal his suspicions. Another theory is that Tywin's suspecting of Tyrion to be the Mad King's child is misplaced, and Tyrion is actually his only true son as the twins are the Mad King's. This would explain their incestuous ways as that's what the Targ's were known for. I think it's more likely to be Tyrion but find the one about the twins being Targareans rather amusing as well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed that start immensely. This show a way better than the walking dead (both series)

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was a decent table setting episode. Nothing too shocking except I'm really surprised they killed off Prince Doran and to a lesser extent Trystane. I think they initially had other plans for the Dorne storyline but decided to abort. I don't think Doran was the reason people didn't like that storyline though. Seems like a bit of an awkward way to avenge Oberyn, and his sister and her kids. Let's kill more members of his family!

It's been rumoured for some time now that Melissandre was ancient but it was cool to actually see it revealed. And by "cool" I guess I mean "disgustingly interesting".

Really not that interested in the Faith Militant and King's Landing storyline right now, but I kind of get the feeling that the High Sparrow is somewhat of a good guy when it's all done. He just has a bunch of assholes working for him. My guess is Margaery Tyrell is not in prison for hiding Loras' homosexuality but for using her sexiness to manipulate Tommen to become queen. I think High Sparrow is onto her. Not too sure about Loras. Maybe HS really is a homophobe because I can't think what else Loras might have done.

I thought the Dothraki comedy bit was a bit out of place but apparently that was a bit of a tribute to a Monty Python bit.

Ramsay's scene where he showed some humanity while mourning his girlfriend and then telling the maester to feed her to the hounds was great! I know everyone wants him to die ASAP, but Ramsay is one of my favourite characters on the show right now.

Really looking forward to them checking in on some of the characters that weren't in episode 1. Bran's storyline was pretty boring in seasons 3 and 4, but it's going to pay off big time this season. Looking forward to meeting Sam's dad. Also looking forward to meeting Theon's uncle Euron.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 112459
Season 4 - no necklace yet no wrinkles :think:

read some theories on this monday from the potion she is sprinkling into her bath kept her looking that way without the necklace to ... this may be what we see in this scene but Selyse actually sees the old lady in red as witnessed by her horrified reaction at the time ... and that this is when she becomes a true believer in the lord of light :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read some theories on this monday from the potion she is sprinkling into her bath kept her looking that way without the necklace to ... this may be what we see in this scene but Selyse actually sees the old lady in red as witnessed by her horrified reaction at the time ... and that this is when she becomes a true believer in the lord of light :noidea:
Plausible, although didn't Selyse joyously watch as Melissandre burned her own brother? Figured she be a believer by then lol.

The whole potion thing would make sense though.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following is not a spoiler, just my theory, but in case you dont want to read it, I will spoiler it
Melisandre dies in Week 2. Actually she laid down to die in Week 1. Her soul/chakra/life essence goes to Jon and reanimates him. He also picks up some of her knowledge in the process. And then Ghost rips the throat of that bastard Thorne. "Only death can pay for life".

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People I (currently) hate the most on GoT:

10 - Jorah Mormont (pedo-phile, need I say more?)
9 - Sons of the Harpy (well, all of them)
8 - Theon (The North never forgets, and neither do I. You Reek)
7 - Petyr Littlefinger Baelisch (thank you for NOT being in Ep. 1 )
6 - Cersei (and PLEASE get a new wig, that orange thing is hideous)
5 - Stannis (don't care if he is dead, I am not convinced he is)
4 - Ramsay Bolton (but props for turning your girl into Puppy Chow last week)
3 - The Night's King
2 - Olly (traiterous little shyte. Reminds me of Matt Cooke), and

1 - Alliser Thorne (die Mofo, die)

With plot swerves and deaths, this list will undoubtedly change by the end of the season.