• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine the Dothraki are too keen on assimilating to Dany's world views. No pillaging and plundering, no raping and enslaving people.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine the Dothraki are too keen on assimilating to Dany's world views. No pillaging and plundering, no raping and enslaving people.

idk :noidea: but I have a feeling theres an even chance they are willing to defer to the chick who controls that thing that breathes fire from the sky and looks to have collected quite a few bones from them

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maester Aemon...
When Drogo became a zombie, they all started in-fighting and the vast majority of them left. Only a small handful stayed loyal to Dany.

This is a new set of Dothraki, I think. Their leader had a long pony-tail, comparable to Drogo's.

Yup! And that small handful was still with her when she acquired the Unsullied and then just sort of disappeared. In fact, she used them as a bargaining chip along with Drogon to acquire the Unsullied before pulling the bait and switch. Seeing as how she reneged and didn't give up the dragon and killed the previous owner of the Unsullied, it would seem logical that those Unsullied would have stayed with her, but they kind of took a back seat to the Unsullied and later the Second Sons.

I think Drogo's Khalisar was the biggest, but there were others. And it often sounded like they weren't very friendly with one another. I think their baby was supposed to be the Khal to join them all or something like that. I think these guys aren't the ones who abandoned her but are a different Khalisar that we haven't seen yet.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not a spoiler for the show, as this storyline certainly seems to have been dropped from the show. But if you are reading the books or have any plans to do so, and haven't finished the 3rd book, you might want to avoid this.

If Melissandre brings Jon back (which I think is likely) then that's probably why Lady Stoneheart got cut from the TV show. They might have thought that having the Lord or Light bring 2 major characters back from the dead would be 1 time too many.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck happened to the Stark boys?

Last time we saw Rickon, Bran had instructed Osha to take him to this Stark friendly location.

Last Hearth - A Wiki of Ice and Fire - A Song of Ice and Fire & Game of Thrones

Whether or not they actually made it remains to be seen. If Sansa meets up with Brienne she'll probably want to search for her brothers or goto the Wall where Jon is. As you can see the Last Hearth is between Winterfell and the Wall, so I'll be surprised if Rickon and Osha don't resurface next season 1 way or another.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny that people are mad about "fake-killing" Stannis even though there's no evidence they fake killed him at all, just suspicion. Pre-emptive anger? I'd be pissed if Stannis comes back, but unless he does, it's a bit weird to get mad over.

Rampant rumours that maybe Jon Snow doesn't die. Of course we'd all hope so, but it might be a tough sell. Having Melissandre show up gives you an out. Wasn't there some dude in an earlier season who kept surviving mortal injuries and attributed to the lord of light? So at the very least, it's hinted at.

I thought the first half of the season was dull, but really picked up in the last few episodes. They do a good job of making you switch your opinion on someone - up to now I hated Cersei and was so happy she got what was coming to her. But after her "walk of shame" I'm fully on board, can't wait to see her get her revenge next season. She's pissed at a lot of people...

Overall, not the best, but still a good season. I hope that Bran plays a major role next year, we need a male Stark to cheer for!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up to now I hated Cersei and was so happy she got what was coming to her. But after her "walk of shame" I'm fully on board, can't wait to see her get her revenge next season. She's pissed at a lot of people...
I don't get this - idiot brought those crazies to power to begin with and then it bites her in the ass and people feel bad for her? Might I remind you her daughter in law was rotting in the next cell because of her?

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this - idiot brought those crazies to power to begin with and then it bites her in the ass and people feel bad for her? Might I remind you her daughter in law was rotting in the next cell because of her?
Cersi is still a wretched ****. A great character though...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, was anyone else as surprised with the post credits stinger as I was? I never thought we'd see him again!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the first half of the season was dull, but really picked up in the last few episodes. !

Same here. I thought there were a couple early one this season that were boring but the last 4 or 5 might have been the best run in the shows history in my opinion.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't forgive Cersei for her actions, but it's not like the punishment came at the hands of a hero - it came at the hands of another despicable, smarmy, evil jackhole. And the idea of religiously righteous women-shaming pisses me off enough that I want to see Cersei survive long enough to enact a truly evil and horrible revenge on the High Sparrow.

After that, if she dies at the hands of one of the good guys, great.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't forgive Cersei for her actions, but it's not like the punishment came at the hands of a hero - it came at the hands of another despicable, smarmy, evil jackhole. And the idea of religiously righteous women-shaming pisses me off enough that I want to see Cersei survive long enough to enact a truly evil and horrible revenge on the High Sparrow.

After that, if she dies at the hands of one of the good guys, great.

What the hell are those?