• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 did not disappoint. I think I had a better script for the final scene, but its all good.

And once again, Peter Dinklage is awesome despite limited air time.

Starting to think every episode this season could be titled "Who dies tonight?"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 2 did not disappoint. I think I had a better script for the final scene, but its all good.

All the Lords

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. It was a very good episode! Loved it! Episode 1 was okay to set things up but this episode had a lot of stuff happen.

As for who is going to die this season, well here are some of my leading candidates.

Alliser Thorne, probably via a White Walker attack.

I'm not sure if Theon will make it back to the Iron Islands, or if he does how long he'll last.

The Freys are making a return this season. I'm sure a few of them will die, maybe even Walder Frey himself.

Jorah's got greyscale but I don't think that's what will kill him. I think either he or Daario will die this season.

Haven't seen Littlefinger or the Vale yet this season but I can them killing off Robin Arryn.

I really hope they kill off Oberyn's girlfriend who has a bizarre notion of what it means to avenge someone's death.

Tommen is Cersei's last living child so I think he's done this season, especially after his little speech last night about how he's gonna try to be more of a bad ass king. Probably a big mistake.

I think at least one Tyrell will die this season.

I thought Meera Reed was on borrowed time until last night when that child of the forest told her that Bran will need her. Maybe they kill off Hodor/Wylis instead. Hodor! :(

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any guesses as to what turned Wyllis into Hodor?

Did he see Old Melissandre naked?
Did he accompany young Ned (as stablehand) to rescue Lyanna and see some weird shyte courtesy of the Mad King?
Did he see Jamie and Cersei doin' the nasty and he couldnt find a stick to poke his eyes out?
Was he loaned out to the Boltons years ago?

Something seriously messed him up, and although perhaps not the most important plot item, is something I think we are going to learn in the next few weeks.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It was a very good episode! Loved it! Episode 1 was okay to set things up but this episode had a lot of stuff happen.

As for who is going to die this season, well here are some of my leading candidates.

Alliser Thorne, probably via a White Walker attack.

I'm not sure if Theon will make it back to the Iron Islands, or if he does how long he'll last.

The Freys are making a return this season. I'm sure a few of them will die, maybe even Walder Frey himself.

Jorah's got greyscale but I don't think that's what will kill him. I think either he or Daario will die this season.

Haven't seen Littlefinger or the Vale yet this season but I can them killing off Robin Arryn.

I really hope they kill off Oberyn's girlfriend who has a bizarre notion of what it means to avenge someone's death.

Tommen is Cersei's last living child so I think he's done this season, especially after his little speech last night about how he's gonna try to be more of a bad ass king. Probably a big mistake.

I think at least one Tyrell will die this season.

I thought Meera Reed was on borrowed time until last night when that child of the forest told her that Bran will need her. Maybe they kill off Hodor/Wylis instead. Hodor! :(

Only one I will add to that list is The Mountain.
Perhaps at the hands of the Hound

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any guesses as to what turned Wyllis into Hodor?

Did he see Old Melissandre naked?
Did he accompany young Ned (as stablehand) to rescue Lyanna and see some weird shyte courtesy of the Mad King?
Did he see Jamie and Cersei doin' the nasty and he couldnt find a stick to poke his eyes out?
Was he loaned out to the Boltons years ago?

Something seriously messed him up, and although perhaps not the most important plot item, is something I think we are going to learn in the next few weeks.
I think Arnold asked him what he was talking about, and he had no answer, so he reverted to a single word.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one I will add to that list is The Mountain.
Perhaps at the hands of the Hound

If that happens it could be the end of Cersei too. Although that could happen towards the end of this season and Cersei's execution might be early next season. Or she could escape it as Tyrion did. It seems like Cersei is good now on the show with the Faith Militant though now that she's done her walk of shame. I believe in the books the walk of shame was just to allow her to see Tommen or something but further punishment was still pending. Can't remember exactly.

Also I don't know if it will be this season or not (hoping not), but I'll be surprised if it isn't Ghost that eventually kills Ramsay.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happens it could be the end of Cersei too. Although that could happen towards the end of this season and Cersei's execution might be early next season. Or she could escape it as Tyrion did. It seems like Cersei is good now on the show with the Faith Militant though now that she's done her walk of shame. I believe in the books the walk of shame was just to allow her to see Tommen or something but further punishment was still pending. Can't remember exactly.

Also I don't know if it will be this season or not (hoping not), but I'll be surprised if it isn't Ghost that eventually kills Ramsay.

I am kinda hoping it is Sansa. Ramsay gets captured when Winterfell is sacked, and as they have Ramsay's head on the chopping block (think Ned Stark, Season 1 Ep. 1), Jon Snow hands the sword over to Sansa. She finally "mans up" and cuts his head off.

Oh, and they leave his body there for the dogs to eat.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Ramsey is going to learn the true meaning of Christmas, his heart will grow two sizes, he will make Theon a wooden penis, and everyone will live happily ever after.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Ramsey is going to learn the true meaning of Christmas, his heart will grow two sizes, he will make Theon a wooden penis, and everyone will live happily ever after.

Is Theon the surprise gift for Ramsay that was mentioned in the trailer for Week 3?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 3. Meh.

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about the Danerys storyline? I know it is sacrilege, Mother of Dragons, yadda, yadda, yadda. But it bores me. This episode was another 5 mins of wasted airtime with her. I get that she is destined to lead some army (Dothraki, Unsullied, both ???) back to Westeros
maybe on Euro's boats
but the buildup to get there is excruciating.

You could just read Peter Dinklage's mind when they were filming his scene. "God, really, this is my only scene? Can we try to have some fun with it? Hey, here is an idea, lets try and get Mr & Mrs Personality to actually, I dunno, show any emotion at all. I will try and make them play a game!". Ugh. (Since absolutely nothing happened there, I dont consider that a spoiler. Apologies if I am wrong).

Overall, I felt most of this week was a bunch of scenes that did not really move plot lines along at all. IMO, the best was the last 5 minutes or so.

Since the Tower of Joy was in the trailer for the week, I will only say
dammit, I wanted Bran to follow Ned up the tower. F-U 3-eyed Raven for pulling him back.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 3. Meh.

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about the Danerys storyline? I know it is sacrilege, Mother of Dragons, yadda, yadda, yadda. But it bores me. This episode was another 5 mins of wasted airtime with her. I get that she is destined to lead some army (Dothraki, Unsullied, both ???) back to Westeros
maybe on Euro's boats
but the buildup to get there is excruciating.

You could just read Peter Dinklage's mind when they were filming his scene. "God, really, this is my only scene? Can we try to have some fun with it? Hey, here is an idea, lets try and get Mr & Mrs Personality to actually, I dunno, show any emotion at all. I will try and make them play a game!". Ugh. (Since absolutely nothing happened there, I dont consider that a spoiler. Apologies if I am wrong).

Overall, I felt most of this week was a bunch of scenes that did not really move plot lines along at all. IMO, the best was the last 5 minutes or so.

Since the Tower of Joy was in the trailer for the week, I will only say
dammit, I wanted Bran to follow Ned up the tower. F-U 3-eyed Raven for pulling him back.

I agree completely. First episode I didn't think was good this season so far. Arya's story line right now bores me the most.

The meh episode with a good final 5 minutes should be called a Walking Dead, because they have far too frequently done that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with you guys ... meh episode

and the Tyrion scene ... didnt need to happen at all ... did it?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely. First episode I didn't think was good this season so far. Arya's story line right now bores me the most.

The meh episode with a good final 5 minutes should be called a Walking Dead, because they have far too frequently done that.

You are right about Arya. It is tortuously (no pun intended) slow.

When I read the books, I couldn't figure out what Arya's "deal" was or what her role was in the Big Picture. The tv show has not enlightened me at all, and I have no clue where it is going. OK, so she is training to be an assassin, but who? The people on her list? Really, Arya gonna take down the Mountain. Riiiiiiight. I have always felt she is destined to use her skills on person or persons she has not even met yet, but for the life of me I can't figure out who.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with you guys ... meh episode

and the Tyrion scene ... didnt need to happen at all ... did it?

Nope. I think the writers recognize (correctly) that the Imp character is wildly popular, so they make sure he has a scene every week.

As much as GRRM is annoying for not writing more books (finish the job, you Kessel of the writing world), with the books to guide them the TV directors at least had some decent material to work with. We are only 3 episodes in, but I fear now that the TV guys have to make it up themselves by and large, the plot will suffer. And I think we are seeing it already.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really avg episode. End was good but everything leading up ... Blah
Though I did like the council interruption. Lannisters are going to bring some wrath