• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched episode 9 again the other night. That scene is no easier to watch the 2nd time around. I love it and hate it at the same time. That's gotta be the most gut wrenching scene I've ever seen on TV from any show that I've watched. It's one thing to kill kids off but to have them be burnt alive while screaming for help from their parents. It doesn't help that she was one of the more likeable characters on the show, albeit a minor one for the most part. What a great little actress she is. Hope this leads to more parts for her, maybe one with a happier ending next time.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also what is up with Hizdar and the Sons of the Harpy? Did Hizdahr die before he got a chance to meet his 3rd step-dragon? And what are the Sons of the Harpy upto? We were led to believe they were former slave masters, which from my understanding was pretty much any noble person in Mereen. But they were attacking people dressed as slaves and noblemen alike, including Hizdahr. Or could Hizdahr's attack have been staged. I really hope he's still alive. Whether he's an actual villain or just a bit of a douche that they've been trying make us think is a villain, I think he has more to contribute to Dany's storyline.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched episode 9 again the other night. That scene is no easier to watch the 2nd time around. I love it and hate it at the same time. That's gotta be the most gut wrenching scene I've ever seen on TV from any show that I've watched. It's one thing to kill kids off but to have them be burnt alive while screaming for help from their parents. It doesn't help that she was one of the more likeable characters on the show, albeit a minor one for the most part. What a great little actress she is. Hope this leads to more parts for her, maybe one with a happier ending next time.

I liked her too. Her scenes with Davos were always good I thought. The ones with father of the year this season too.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked her too. Her scenes with Davos were always good I thought. The ones with father of the year this season too.

She wasn't even the most entertaining on the show but I really thought she was the most one of the most likeable. My favorite characters have included, Viserys, Joffrey, Ramsay, Tywin, Littlefinger, Alliser Thorne, etc. They are all entertaining but not very likeable. Shireen might have been a minor character but she was very likeable. Her face was scarred from gray scale but she always had a positive attitude. Good thing for Stannis that Tommen already has his hands full with his mother and wife being imprisoned. He won't have time to deal with the fact that the sweet girl that was raised as his cousin was burnt alive!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't Jamie just come out and say "Listen Sand Slut! I was cheering for Oberyn more than anyone because he was fighting for my brother's life. I came to Dorne because of how cool Oberyn was, so I figured everyone here must be equally as cool! Or at least some of his daughters would be interesting. Apparently not. "

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wowzers! GoT proves again that no character is 'safe'. I am glad that Stanis got his, though.

Are we to believe that Theon & Sansa surived their jump? :noidea:

I don't know I have this feeling Stannis didn't get his. I can't seem to recall an off-screen death on this show and I have hard time believing they would start with him considering what he did last week.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess all the major characters survived.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. I don't even know if I care about any character any more. Watching for fun Tyrion lines might not be enough

Martin is one twisted mother fucker.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know I have this feeling Stannis didn't get his. I can't seem to recall an off-screen death on this show and I have hard time believing they would start with him considering what he did last week.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess all the major characters survived.

I am thinking the same thing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jon Snow but hope he is dead. He couldn't survive that. I do worry the red bitch can save him.

I guess Lena Headly isn't shy. Geez, they could have cut 3/4ths of that and still got the point across.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't Jamie just come out and say "Listen Sand Slut! I was cheering for Oberyn more than anyone because he was fighting for my brother's life. I came to Dorne because of how cool Oberyn was, so I figured everyone here must be equally as cool! Or at least some of his daughters would be interesting. Apparently not. "

:L Apparently I had a few too many the other night! :L

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jon Snow but hope he is dead. He couldn't survive that. I do worry the red bitch can save him.

I guess Lena Headly isn't shy. Geez, they could have cut 3/4ths of that and still got the point across.

She may have learned a trick from Thoros of Myr a couple of seasons ago.

Thoros didn't need King's Blood but wouldn't surprise me if she does. If so, it will most likely be Stannis'. Or possibly Theon if the Lord of Light acknowledge Balon Greyjoy as a king. Maybe it will take both of them. If they are both travelling towards the Wall with Brienne, and Davos and Melissandre somehow get Jon's body away from the Wall and head south, they could all meet up.

Or perhaps there is already some King's Blood at the Wall.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This world deserves to die.

Cersei needs to slaughter those freaks

The white walkers need to wipe out the watch

I'm all over the bad guys to win

Varys and Tyrion should rule all.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She may have learned a trick from Thoros of Myr a couple of seasons ago.

Thoros didn't need King's Blood but wouldn't surprise me if she does. If so, it will most likely be Stannis'. Or possibly Theon if the Lord of Light acknowledge Balon Greyjoy as a king. Maybe it will take both of them. If they are both travelling towards the Wall with Brienne, and Davos and Melissandre somehow get Jon's body away from the Wall and head south, they could all meet up.

Or perhaps there is already some King's Blood at the Wall.
Maester Aemon...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there are theories about Jons mother being Targarian. If so, he and Dany could have an interesting showdown come season 7...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Tyrion ever falls in love with another whore, at least he knows he can trust Varys and Grey Worm with her more he could trust Tywin. So he's already better off than he was in King's Landing.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No kidding. Anyone know if they used CGI or body paint to modify her appearance?