• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it the dragons are not so tough to spears at this age? He seemed to be speared quite easily there... I loved that scene however

Drogon: It's just a flesh wound.

(What, you think its a coincidence that Drogon is the same colo(u)r as the Black Knight?)

or

Drogon: It's an upper body injury. I will be a game-time decision for Season 6.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was briefly reading a breakdown of last nights episode and the writer "aggressively" questioned the likelihood that a dragon could be ridden without a saddle :ohwell:

verrrrrry good point ... i too find it UNBELIEVABLE that someone could RIDE A DRAGON without a saddle ... nope ... no way ... no how ... the show writers are trying to pull a fast one on us here !!! :L

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was briefly reading a breakdown of last nights episode and the writer "aggressively" questioned the likelihood that a dragon could be ridden without a saddle :ohwell:

verrrrrry good point ... i too find it UNBELIEVABLE that someone could RIDE A DRAGON without a saddle ... nope ... no way ... no how ... the show writers are trying to pull a fast one on us here !!! :L

:L is right.

With tongue firmly in cheek....

I beg to differ. I think we have seen multiple instances where Danerys demonstrates the flexibility of her hip/thigh/leg muscles. Not to put too fine a point on it, she can spread 'em. She had no problem straddling that beastie. I totally believed it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PFFT! they have never seen me play Skyrim then......

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11401275_844098715669450_1745549693331980640_n.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya needs to kill someone asap. I'm ready for that storyline to pay off, it's been a real slow burn.

Speaking of slow burn and storylines that are disappointing thus far, Dorne needs to get to the point. Where are we heading here?

I'm glad Jon and the Wildlings weren't locked out and there wasn't an entire episode dedicated to Jon trying to convince everyone to let them through. Just straight to the point.

Ser Davos just knew bad shit was going to happen. I would like to hope eventually he helps Brienne bring about the downfall of Stannis. Then maybe Brienne heads up to the wall with her Valyarian Steel sword and we have a collection of actual good guys teaming up.

I'm ready for some positivity on this show. Arya needs to off some scumbags, Stannis and the Boltons need to wipe each other out, Khaleesi needs to get moving, the Wall needs to get their shit together and develop some sort of plan.

Hopefully Arya kills both Meryn Trant and the insurance guy. Only now she missed her chance to poison the insurance guy easily since she ignored him when he wanted her oysters. Perhaps next time she tries to sell him some he tells her to fuck off so now she'll need to be more creative to find a way to kill him.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this something that happens in the book though?

NO it does not, but I like your way better.

At the time of the last book, it hasn't happened yet, but it seems very likely that it will. A lot of fans are assuming they know who the opponent will be and have already given the anticipated fight a nickname based on it's participants.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Arya kills both Meryn Trant and the insurance guy. Only now she missed her chance to poison the insurance guy easily since she ignored him when he wanted her oysters. Perhaps next time she tries to sell him some he tells her to fuck off so now she'll need to be more creative to find a way to kill him.

Logically, Arya will kill Trant. I wonder how Jaquen and the House of BW will react when she goes rogue?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time of the last book, it hasn't happened yet, but it seems very likely that it will. A lot of fans are assuming they know who the opponent will be and have already given the anticipated fight a nickname based on it's participants.

OK I dont do a lot of Internet gossip reading, so I took a quick look online and couldnt find anything. Who is the presumed opponent?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the episode, Tyrion is underratedly awesome in this one. Some great lines while talking down to the fiance, killing the guy that almost got to Missandei, the look he gives when the dragon flies in, all so good.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the episode, Tyrion is underratedly awesome in this one. Some great lines while talking down to the fiance, killing the guy that almost got to Missandei, the look he gives when the dragon flies in, all so good.
Will Dinkledge have a big career post GoT? It looks like he has a big-ish (pun intended) part in Pixels.

It isnt like he came out of nowhere to GoTs. He had a rather prominent part in Nip/Tuck as well.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Dinkledge have a big career post GoT? It looks like he has a big-ish (pun intended) part in Pixels.

It isnt like he came out of nowhere to GoTs. He had a rather prominent part in Nip/Tuck as well.

Yeah, while not a household name he has consistently worked for years. From bit parts in "Elf" to the lead in the little seen but very good "The Station Agent". He was also a regular on a scifi show called Threshold where he was kind of a prick. Lol, plus he played the same role in both the British and American "Death At A Funeral".

he is supposed to be a voice on the phone in a Seinfeld too.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, while not a household name he has consistently worked for years. From bit parts in "Elf" to the lead in the little seen but very good "The Station Agent". He was also a regular on a scifi show called Threshold where he was kind of a prick. Lol, plus he played the same role in both the British and American "Death At A Funeral".

Too easy, will not comment. Will not comment.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cant forget his turns in the X-Men franchise.

He is already the most successful/respected "little person" actor ever...

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems that he is 'everywhere' these days: I just got home from seeing Rush in concert in Columbus last night, & he was one of several actors featured in the video for the 'rap' section of their song Roll The Bones. :)

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant forget his turns in the X-Men franchise.

He is already the most successful/respected "little person" actor ever...

Agreed.

And if GRRM was stupid enough to kill Tyrion off in the next book, well, the Directors would just have to ignore GRRM.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to be clear. The books are caught up to the show (or viceversa) and no new books are available. so if you read the books the show is at the same timeline with difference or variations of storylines.

?