• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So aside from some shit the writers could make up.... who are the legit heirs (blood right) to the throne at this point in order:

Tyrion (as brother to the queen who does not have an heir)
Danny and Jon (what is the order?)
Gendry (next in line Baratheon who was legitimized by Dany)

Anyone else? Do i have those right? What would the order be?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK this is my LAST (well until Monday morning) set of predictions:

Tyrion Targeryn, bastard son of Rhaegar Targeryn, takes the throne.
Sansa is his wife
Jon retreats to the North, semi-retired, to take up hunting and fishing with his old pals, Tormund and Ghost
Of course, the Dany forces defeat Cersei (more below), but sadly, Dany succumbs in a tragic one-dragon accident. Kingsguard cannot fathom why she wanted to park in the Throne Room.
During the battle, Yara makes a surprise appearance and attacks Euron from behind. He says "I like that" as he dies.

Now the rest of these will happen in quick succession
Bronn kills Jamie with the crossbow
Arya sees the incident, and waits for Bronn to leave. She proceeds to add some inventory to her bag of faces
The Hound watches and pukes. Apparently more than fire unnerves him
The two sneak into Cersei's chambers. Cleganebowl ensues, with the Hound dying first, then Arya with more foresight than Oberyn Martell, finishes off the Mountain.
Arya then slips on Jamie's face and kills Cersei. Just before cutting her throat, Arya reminds Cersei "when you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die".
Arya takes Cersei's face, puts in on, enters the Throne Room, then gives the order to Cersei's armies to stand down.
Arya peels off Cersei's face, tosses it at Tyrion and walks out like a boss. Never to be heard from again, except in whispers

Oh, then Bronn enters the Throne Room still holding the crossbow. Threatens Tyrion, who pays him double, and Bronn also walks out like a boss. He is heard from again. as he is quite legendary in Fleabottom. But not as legendary as Podrick.

Who have I left out? Hmmm. Bran is left forgotten under the tree at Winterfell. He slowly morphs into the tree, replicating the last three eyed raven. Sam becomes Lord Tarly, and sends his soon-to-be-born son to Winterfell to be raised by Jon. Oh, and Brienne. How could I forget Brienne. She becomes Captain of the King/Queens Guard, continuing to "defend" Sansa, as was her vow to Lady Catelyn.

Sadly, this may be better written than the actual show.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So aside from some shit the writers could make up.... who are the legit heirs (blood right) to the throne at this point in order:

Tyrion (as brother to the queen who does not have an heir)
Danny and Jon (what is the order?)
Gendry (next in line Baratheon who was legitimized by Dany)

Anyone else? Do i have those right? What would the order be?

Since Dany "won" the battle, I would expect she is the rightful Queen until further notice. My amateur understanding of such matters including the War of the Roses suggests that "battle victory" trumps ancestry. At some point you have to put a stake in the ground and declare someone the "legitimate" monarch, and winning a war seems to be the way it is done.

Of course, the Baratheons and Lannisters could call Dany a "usurper" with some legal legitimacy. But at the end of the day "power is held by the person give it to them by the people". Or the one with the biggest dragon. Basically whoever can hold it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the observation that the actress (who is now over 21) is looking good there, did anyone else get the sense that perhaps Arya is dead and the horse is taking her to the afterlife?

As i watched last night, i was first surprised that it seemed like it took “nothing” for Sandor to convince her to relent on her end game of revenge :noidea: its all she ever wanted and then “hey kid dont end up like me ... DONT DO DRUGS” and everything changed :L

Which led me to think theres got to be more here and figured she was face swapping all episode :noidea:

But now im reading the forboding white horse was an uber sent by Bran so :noidea:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the observation that the actress (who is now over 21) is looking good there, did anyone else get the sense that perhaps Arya is dead and the horse is taking her to the afterlife?
I kind of thought that, if it was the episode and/or if we never see her again that will be my take.

I kind of wished they would have done the same with Aaron Rodgers. Slowly gets up, checks his horse insurance, gets on and rides away.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree, the episode was a mess. 7 years of character development just thrown out the window.
So very disappointed. Apparently I'm not the only one, since this is now the lowest rated season of all.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree, the episode was a mess. 7 years of character development just thrown out the window.
So very disappointed. Apparently I'm not the only one, since this is now the lowest rated season of all.

Guessing you are referring to Dany?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Jamie nor Dany did anything out of character. Neither did what I would have liked but I thought they were in line with the characters.

Also the viewership ratings are the series' best this season. I know some click bait stories are claiming its the lowest rated then referring to user grades but that's disingenuous by design.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran's business card now says...

Fortune Teller - Animal Trainer - Uber Driver

In other words, unemployed.

So it is an actor's resume?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think that was the case...
-Tyrion tried to do the right thing and it didn't work out
-Dany lost her shit because Jon wouldn't give here that good nephew D, something that has been building ever since she couldn't sit at the cool kid's table in Winterfell. She feels out of place, her advisors are conspiring against her and talking behind her back, she has lost Jorah and Missande (2 of 3 people that she put total trust in) [cue music: "You Had a Bad Day"], and her love rejected her. I think if anything her character development was completed, not thrown out.
-Jamie went back to Cersei because he missed that good V ("Maybe it just is all cocks in the end." - Jamie Lannister). He felt honor bound to defend the living, but with that done, did we really think he'd get away from his tragic flaw. He couldn't. I don't think that's throwing his character out the window, I just think that we've seen all sides of him, the good and the bad. That's very human to me. I like it.
-Jon Snow is conflicted and follows the Stark pattern of being a man of honor in a dishonorable place. His decision is coming. Seeing his uncertainty both over Dany and in the battle I thought was very human as well.
-We saw some of Arya's humanity return in deciding there maybe were things worth living for after seemingly being on a collision course with death. I loved the moment she called him "Sandor." I didn't think we needed 5 minutes of here dodging flames, but oh well.

I agree the Jamie ending was a little dissatisfying and Euron just popping up in the middle of it was kinda lame. But I also liked that it's how a lot of ruthless dicatators go down - not in some dramatic satisfying moment, but just in the throws of battle. The whole scene had a WWII bombed out kinda feel to it and Cersei was Hitler trapped, dying, and defeated in her bunker.

I listened to Barstool's podcast and they mentioned - hey maybe it wasn't amazing, but every way you try to go with it people would find some fault. I give the show a lot of credit because even during a lopsided victory, I still thought something might happen to Jon or Dany during the battle.

On that note, it should be stated that as military strategists these people are all retarded. You don't put your best soldiers/leaders (Jon, Greyworm) at the front of a charge. You don't place your troops OUTSIDE the castle walls. (Winterfell army, golden company).

That's a lot of random thoughts, but I give the episode an A- overall. Ending a beloved series is always a difficult task. I don't think this will be among the best (Six Feet Under, The Wire), but I think it will be much better than some of the worst (Sopranos).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bran's business card now says...

Fortune Teller - Animal Trainer - Uber Driver

In other words, unemployed.

DAMN! Give the kid a break !! HE’S UNDEREMPLOYED !!! Just because he lives in his parents crypt... err .. basement ??? :tsk:

/HOWEVAH ... if he wasnt running a 1-800-RAVENLINE (using raven not phones of course) selling his IRON THRONE CLAD 7 STAR LOCK selections on Clegane Bowl then hes a lost cause :noidea: