• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what really bugs me about this last episode is the week off that happened before it and now it pivots into the episode dedicated to the Wall.

They really should have delayed all of the events in episode 5 up North (when Bran worgs Hodor and Jon wins his duel) to after the events of the Martell vs the Mountain and maybe dealt with Arya's plotline earlier in its place.

As is, I doubt many people are invested in the plotline in the North right now and everyone is still reeling with Tyrion's plotline without getting any 'closure' until the last episode. It seems like an odd gaffe in the middle of the best season of the show.

I don't agree. I find myself pretty equally invested in the various storylines. For sure, the Tyrion one was the most interesting this season, but it's clear that what's going on up North is more impactful to Westeros.

The only storyline that doesn't really ever connect is the one with Danaerys (spelling??) but it's interesting enough on it's own, and I'm sure it will have a bigger role to play down the line.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100,000 soldiers are coming to the wall, Im very interested to see what happens there. Dont they have Giants as well? Will we see more of them?

EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this was the most depressing episode of Game of Thrones.

-Viper gone in gruesome fashion
-Mountain probably gone with him
-Tyrion sentenced to death
-Mole Town next to the Wall was sacked
-Arya has totally snapped
-Hound in bad shape
-Reek totally owned
-Northern town totally gets killed and flayed after surrendering
-The mother of dragons parts with Ser Friend Zone

The next two episodes are going to be really cool but I'm not sure they are going to lift the audience out of the depression that this one caused.

I agree with you except I thought Arya was a light point. I don't think she necessarily wants to go there so that fact that the Hound cannot ransom her because her aunt died 3 days earlier is pretty funny.

At first I felt bad for the honorable, but perhaps stupid, guy who got the ax in the head. Looking at the bodies, he was the lucky one.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this was the most depressing episode of Game of Thrones.

-Viper gone in gruesome fashion
-Mountain probably gone with him
-Tyrion sentenced to death
-Mole Town next to the Wall was sacked
-Hound in bad shape
-Reek totally owned
-Northern town totally gets killed and flayed after surrendering
-The mother of dragons parts with Ser Friend Zone

The next two episodes are going to be really cool but I'm not sure they are going to lift the audience out of the depression that this one caused.

Well Grey Worm and Missandei are in love even though Grey Worm is a eunuch, so there's that.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with this one. I've never heard her say anything over the course of this season to make me believe that she herself actually ever wanted to go to the Vale. She was laughing her ass off because the Hound's plan to make ransom money off of her had just fallen through.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100,000 soldiers are coming to the wall, Im very interested to see what happens there. Dont they have Giants as well? Will we see more of them?

EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING

Next episode gon' be good

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do I need to say it?

book%20hole.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. I find myself pretty equally invested in the various storylines. For sure, the Tyrion one was the most interesting this season, but it's clear that what's going on up North is more impactful to Westeros.

The only storyline that doesn't really ever connect is the one with Danaerys (spelling??) but it's interesting enough on it's own, and I'm sure it will have a bigger role to play down the line.
This season has been nearly perfect so Im really just nitpicking. I was just wondering if people were as amped up for the big fight on the Wall as they should be. Its supposed to have a massive budget.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely going to miss that actor/character. Hopefully this leads to some more big roles for him.

One thing I just noticed that I think is kind of strange is that he never gets mentioned in the opening credits. Yet someone like Gilly or the Lord of Bones (among others), who have been on the show longer but have had much less of an impact this season, get mentioned in the opening credits for all of the episodes they appear in this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if Khal Drago actually spoke lol

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oberyn

The casting couldn't of been more perfect and the delivery was amazing. He made the Lannisters look like the classless inbred sociopaths they truly are and said it right to their faces.

By far my favorite character of season 4.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Khal Drago was a bad ass. But Oberyn was just charismatic and a master with his words. Fuck, it really sucks seeing him go.