• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He runs a brothel, had a king poisoned, killed the messenger to cover his tracks, had the Hand poisoned, gone off on a diatribe about how chaos is a good thing, had people killed just to "not be predictable," pushed his wife off a ledge to get at an underage princess, and has told us he wants everything and is willing to do anything to get it.

I don't think at this point we doubt his deviousness or his meticulous planning. ;)

As others said, great episode
Oh, I totally agree. I just think the change is slightly unnecessary because the book did it perfectly and it probably would've only added about a minute or two to the length of the episode. Maybe that minute or two would've thrown off the pace. Maybe the casting logistics on Game of Thrones didnt make it worth it to cast another actor in a very important scene. Its really just nitpicking a great scene and a great episode.

I'm sure episode viewers probably didnt like Bronn's decision. Tyrion has been killing it in every single scene he is in and the problem with throwing money around is that it doesn't do you much good when other Lannisters are throwing money around. I like how they've been giving lots of screen time to the Hound and were able to tie him in to the general theme of the episode.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I totally agree. I just think the change is slightly unnecessary because the book did it perfectly and it probably would've only added about a minute or two to the length of the episode. Maybe that minute or two would've thrown off the pace. Maybe the casting logistics on Game of Thrones didnt make it worth it to cast another actor in a very important scene. Its really just nitpicking a great scene and a great episode.

I'm sure episode viewers probably didnt like Bronn's decision. Tyrion has been killing it in every single scene he is in and the problem with throwing money around is that it doesn't do you much good when other Lannisters are throwing money around. I like how they've been giving lots of screen time to the Hound and were able to tie him in to the general theme of the episode.

I figure someone might as well explain what the difference was that a few of us have been tip-toeing around. It's not a spoiler since it didn't happen on the show and can't happen now.

There was a musician named Marillion in the room for this entire sequence in the books. He was playing away and singing the whole time. He did nothing to help Sansa when it seems like she might get thrown through the moon door. He just kept playing and singing and as a result nobody outside the room could hear Sansa's screams (I can't quite remember but I believe it was strongly implied that was his and Lysa's intent). After Littlefinger made Lysa fly the guards entered the room and Littlefinger blamed it on Marillion. I won't go into any more detail as to what happened afterwards because they might somehow find a way to put the blame on someone else and then have some similar stuff happen.

Marillion was a minor recurring characters in the 1st and 3rd books. He was at the inn where Catlyn took Tyrion. He travelled to the Eyrie with the rest of them and ended up staying there. He had also tried to force himself on Sansa prior to this event when he was drunk, but I think it was Littlefinger that put an end to it.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just found out there is no episode this Sunday because of Memorial Day. That's seriously fucking retarded. Yes I'm pissed.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My liver and my wallet, lol. :suds:

Oh they'd both survive - that's why the baby Jesus invented liquor in plastic bottles! Sounds like Sly's girlfriend is making this call. Talk about pussification. ;)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they'd both survive - that's why the baby Jesus invented liquor in plastic bottles! Sounds like Sly's girlfriend is making this call. Talk about pussification. ;)

C'mon man, that's not cool.

Sorry I couldn't respond earlier to post my opposition to this type of attack, I had to finish the "Prep your hair in the evening & forget morning styling" article I was reading.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beats my hand.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
130425-game-of-thrones1_210x305.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive noticed a lot of articles are talking up how big Littlefinger has been during the whole show but so far the Lord of Light seems to be the MVP this season. Fantasy Godwars probably arent a good way to get ratings, though

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's episode is the one I've been waiting for all season. There is 0% chance of it not being awesome. Has potential to be my favorite ever! Too bad it's on during the biggest hockey game of the season so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's episode is the one I've been waiting for all season. There is 0% chance of it not being awesome. Has potential to be my favorite ever! Too bad it's on during the biggest hockey game of the season so far.

I don't remember ever being more excited about an episode of TV than this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that 1 of the remaining episodes cost more to produce than blackwater did and i dont think its tonights