• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see the link between the two the author is making at all. It's like a nice buildup that then takes a dramatic turn that doesn't make much sense. "_______ is criticized...you know what else is criticized... _____!" I like libertarians, so this isn't a bash on them. Frankly, getting bashed in the media shows you've arrived! I feel like if anything, libertarians are largely ignored.

They're more like Sansa than Tyrion. ;)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Libertarians but the Lannisters represent America. Massive debt with the 'we are good for it' promise. Old leadership, lack of a plan for a future. The Starks are more Eastern like traditional China or Japan. Little finger is the commentary on Libertarians. Oberyn Martell might be commentary on liberalism

The there's canada

Hodor

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god damn lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoiler alert! - Tyrion asks Jaime to fight for him but he can't because he's a member of the King's Guard and he can't fight with his left hand anyway. So Jaime sends a raven that somehow finds Brienne in some random location, asking her to fight for Tyrion but Brienne can't abandon her duty to find the Stark girls. Instead the ever loyal Pod returns to King's Landing to be Tyrion's champion. But who will he fight? It didn't say it on the show yet but in the books they mention that the Mountain has that week off and is on vacation in Qarth and therefore unavailable. So instead Cersei gets her cousin/fuck buddy Lancel Lannister to fight for her. Lancel of course is more than willing after the way Tyrion blackmailed him in Season 2. Pod vs. Lancel will be 1 of the best battles of the entire series! The winner will have songs written about how he was the best squire ever in the 7 kingdoms!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JwqYpoR.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's episode is titled "Mockingbird". That's a good sign for Littlefinger fans. Pretty sure it's going to be another great episode with some great scenes in both King's Landing and The Eyrie.

SicarioCruz

Southern Buckeye
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's episode is titled "Mockingbird". That's a good sign for Littlefinger fans. Pretty sure it's going to be another great episode with some great scenes in both King's Landing and The Eyrie.

As long as I don't have to hear his sex sounds again in this episode, lol.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a minor character missing that plays a major role in the final scene. Can't wait to see what they do about that! And yeah what a great episode!

I remember thinking last year how much this show would suck if Joffrey died but it just keeps getting better!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a minor character missing that plays a major role in the final scene. Can't wait to see what they do about that! And yeah what a great episode!

I remember thinking last year how much this show would suck if Joffrey died but it just keeps getting better!

Yea, really sucks that they omitted that element from the Eyrie scene.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter Dinklage is a fucking amazing actor. That scene in the dungeon with Tyrion and Oberyn was quite possibly my favorite in the entire series.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter Dinklage is a fucking amazing actor. That scene in the dungeon with Tyrion and Oberyn was quite possibly my favorite in the entire series.

that was really well done, you could see the turmoil go through Tyrions face as he was told about that story. just heartbreaking how cruel Cersai has always been to him. Gods I hate her

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised by that. The moondoor scene ended a chapter and IIRC was the second to last chapter in the book so they added a character there for more closure. I kinda wish they wouldve kept him there because it makes Littlefinger look more devious and less emotional.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised by that. The moondoor scene ended a chapter and IIRC was the second to last chapter in the book so they added a character there for more closure. I kinda wish they wouldve kept him there because it makes Littlefinger look more devious and less emotional.

I think he'll still come up with something devious. I'm just not sure what yet. It's definitely going to change things going forward which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I think Marillion made a brief appearance in Season 1 on the road to the Eyrie. He didn't have any lines but I think there was a shot of him playing an instrument. I also recently read that the musician whose tongue Joffrey commanded be removed, was in fact Marillion even though he was nowhere near King's Landing in the books.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He runs a brothel, had a king poisoned, killed the messenger to cover his tracks, had the Hand poisoned, gone off on a diatribe about how chaos is a good thing, had people killed just to "not be predictable," pushed his wife off a ledge to get at an underage princess, and has told us he wants everything and is willing to do anything to get it.

I don't think at this point we doubt his deviousness or his meticulous planning. ;)

As others said, great episode. My quote of the week...

"Can you pass me a drink. Dying is thirsty work." -Old man