• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant argue with that.. joffrey the character is easy to hate, but the actor is doing a phenemonal job

just watching him get all giddy with joy over the news of Rob's death. then when he is sent to his room to take a nap, and he is acting like a little child, arguing. I mean really, i am surprise you don't read that some woman ran into the actor on the streets and punched him in the jaw.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm anxious to see what the Lannisters decide to do with Sanza and Breanne now that Jamie has been returned. Tyrion will want to release Sanza for sure even though he may need to go with her now that they are married which he would rather not do. Unless there's some twist where Jamie makes a turn back to full bad guy mode he'll want to let her go too. Cersei seems to be showing a bit of compassion for Sanza and if Jamie wants to let her go in exchange for his return then so would she. Joffrey definitely will not want to let her go. Tywin is the wildcard and where things would get interesting. On 1 hand he knows it would be a poor strategic move and he wants a grandchild with Stark blood more than anything. On the other hand, a Lannister always pays his debts. Is the debt now considered void since Catelyn is now dead? I think Tywin will want to release her on condition that Tyrion joins her and will continue to insist that he knocks her up. Joffrey will refuse and that's when things could get really hostile. I can see Joffrey going completely nuts and murdering his own grandfather (his only biological grandfather although they may not know it for sure). What will Breanne do once she finds out Catelyn is dead?

Also anxious to see what the Hound's next move will be. I think it's pretty clear that he cares about Arya for more than just a bounty, but would never admit to it. He can't go back to the Lannisters with her and wouldn't know where to find the remaining Starks so he'd have a tough time collecting anything for her. But will he continue to protect her? Where will they go? Season 4 can't arrive soon enough!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I really hope things pick up with Dany's storyline next season. Was mildly interested in it for 1st 2 seasons but it's getting really stale in my opinion and I wish she would just hurry up and get to Westeros and put her dragons to some sort of use. I like her character but don't really care for those around her. All the interesting ones came and went in the 1st couple of seasons. I thought the Titan's bastard had potential at first but changed my mind. I hope he dies. I'd rather she hook up with someone in Westeros. Is Bram too young for her? It would be cool if he hooked up with her and then managed to control the dragons. With things apparently over with the ginger wildling (Ingrid), that could open the door for Jon Snow to hook up with her and acquire 3 step-dragons if not for that stupid oath.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I really hope things pick up with Dany's storyline next season. Was mildly interested in it for 1st 2 seasons but it's getting really stale in my opinion and I wish she would just hurry up and get to Westeros and put her dragons to some sort of use. I like her character but don't really care for those around her. All the interesting ones came and went in the 1st couple of seasons. I thought the Titan's bastard had potential at first but changed my mind. I hope he dies. I'd rather she hook up with someone in Westeros. Is Bram too young for her? It would be cool if he hooked up with her and then managed to control the dragons. With things apparently over with the ginger wildling (Ingrid), that could open the door for Jon Snow to hook up with her and acquire 3 step-dragons if not for that stupid oath.

Since when does 3 arrows in the body really mean its over? I've seen couples come back from worse

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a theory that Jon Snow has dragon's blood, that his mother might've been a Targaryen Ned knocked up during Robert's rebellion. Could make things interesting with the whole white walkers war impending.

I expect another showdown between Hound/Arya and the Brotherhood. I don't think we've seen the last of those guys. Maybe the Hound heads to the wall?

Never thought of the Bran/Dragons thing. That would be some power to have.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a theory that Jon Snow has dragon's blood, that his mother might've been a Targaryen Ned knocked up during Robert's rebellion. Could make things interesting with the whole white walkers war impending.

I expect another showdown between Hound/Arya and the Brotherhood. I don't think we've seen the last of those guys. Maybe the Hound heads to the wall?

Never thought of the Bran/Dragons thing. That would be some power to have.

The identity of his mother got spoiled for me and I really wish it hadn't because it would have been awesome to find that out while reading.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^If that's actually a spoiler, can somebody put that shit in white please?

Dag.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was something me and my two friends who have not read the books came up with. If that is a spoiler it is completely unintentional on my part. On second thought, don't white it out because that gives it away.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 minutes for Unintentional Spoiler*, IMO!! :P

*= I'm not saying whether it is/isn't a spoiler. I have no clue as I haven't read the books.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is intentional spoiler a game misconduct? I think it could be suspendable.

I think we're going to have to wait for Shanny to weigh in.

What are you doing around 2PM EST today? Cancel those plans and pick up the phone.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a guy who told his girl that she gave him a crummy blowjob. I'd rather face the arrows than that woman.

Why was it crummy? She trying to do it with cookies in her mouth?

Oh, sorry, that would be crumby.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article.

I don't understand why people have such a hard time wrapping their heads around the theft of intellectual property as being just as wrong as the theft of physical property, but there is definitely a barrier there.

I also love the people who justify it in their heads. "I don't have cable, and HBO Go requires you to have cable so I'm okay doing it until they get with the times and let me pay for just streaming."

Uhhhh, no. But thanks for playing.

That said; entertainment companies do have ridiculously archaic ways of looking at it.