• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I just signed up last week after all the Red Wedding talk I was hearing. I love the Newsroom and Boardwalk, which are just around the corner. Don't cash out those chips yet, Matty!

We've seen pictures of your house - you can spare the $10/month (12$ Canadian)! ;)

lol... I always forget about Newsroom. I really want to watch that series. Ill check it out thanks

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the topic of spoilers. Can predictions by those who haven't read the books be considered potential spoilers? I never really thought of if that way before but even if nobody confirms it to be true, the idea has been planted in people's minds. I personally enjoy making and reading predictions. Most of them are wrong anyway. But for the ones that do turn out to be correct, it can still take some of the shock away when it actually happens for those that read the prediction if they weren't already thinking the same thing. Doesn't really matter to me too much but I'm just wondering what is considered proper etiquette for that sort of thing.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people are reading the books or have read them? Would anyone be interested in us making a thread for each book so we could discuss what is going on as people read without getting spoilers? Its just such a long time until next season...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many people are reading the books or have read them? Would anyone be interested in us making a thread for each book so we could discuss what is going on as people read without getting spoilers? Its just such a long time until next season...

I haven't read them, but I think you'd have plenty of company. Just make sure the title is clear and has SPOILERS written in call caps.

I'm planning on reading the books, but I'm going to wait until the TV series is done because I really enjoy the element of surprise.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been re-watching Season 2. Interesting knowing some of the stuff that happens at the end of season 3 and comparing it to where people were early on in season 2...

-Seeing how close Rob is to Lord Bulton and all the advice he takes from him, that ignorant slut
-Seeing how Khaleesi was so close to being ended and having nothing
-Watching Brann's dreams knowing they are more than just dreams

It's pretty cool.

*Note: This post depicts real life television-viewing events. In some cases, names have been changed on porpoise.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a book reader who is very careful about avoiding posting spoilers, one of my favorite things is to read how non bookreaders (can i call you unsullied, winteriscoming.net calls non bookreaders unsullied and i think it is a great term) react to and predict events from the books.

this allows me to vicariously relive my virginal experience. i would hate it if you stopped making predictions, and no they are not spoilers unless a sullied comes along and confirms/denies it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started watching "Game of Thrones" and love it. I have the HBO Go. Just finished season 1 and now into episode 4 in season 2. Pretty intense battle scenes.

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of people... I like the pace changes in this video

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of people... I like the pace changes in this video

That's a great video.

Viserys' death is still my favorite. Although I was a bit disappointed at the time that he died. Thought he had potential to make a great villain. But he died just as Joffrey was about to really pick up his game as the #1 villain.

2 of the 6 wolves are dead with 1 missing. I'm thinking Arya's will reappear next season.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great video.

Viserys' death is still my favorite. Although I was a bit disappointed at the time that he died. Thought he had potential to make a great villain. But he died just as Joffrey was about to really pick up his game as the #1 villain.

2 of the 6 wolves are dead with 1 missing. I'm thinking Arya's will reappear next season.

That's what I was thinking as well. Haven't seen Ghost in awhile either. I'm always keeping an eye out for those guys.

Zwings40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since I have read all the books and some theories on "A Song of Ice and Fire", or known as Game of Thrones for those who watch the series I can give you some inside for those interested on what was said on page 66 in this thread. I will put it in white font, even though I don't consider it to be a spoiler...

*possible spoiler*
The stuff on page 66 is just speculation that has been around since the end of book 5. John Snow's real heritage isn't going to be disclosed until book 6 from what I've read. I won't tell you my opinion either, so as to confirm what was said... If you do want my opinion you can pm me :P

----

hope this helps for those who needed clarification.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 begins April 6.

HBO will show the 1st official trailer starting this upcoming Sunday, just before the debut of their new series "True Detective"

IfQmwup.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer looked awesome. Can't wait for April.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go: :)

That looks great! I got the 5 book set for Christmas. Just started the second. Hope

Looks like Theon got away, or at least 95% of him.

I imagine that guy that said to Tyrion that the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts, is a Martel from Dorne. Don't really think this is a spoiler since they talk about in the 1st book but hasn't been mentioned on the show other than Cersei mentioning that the Tyrells loathe them. I'll consider it a spoiler anyway just in case. The Martel's have a major debt to pay with the Lannisters. No wonder Cersei didn't want the princess to go there. Wow! Wouldn't surprise me if they killed her.
We've been introduced to 1 Tyrell per season. I expect that to continue as well with the father being introduced this year.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the 30 episodes in the latter half of december. Excellent binge viewing experience and cant wait for april