• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it as well... Anyone expecting a ton of action in the premiere was kidding themselves.

It's been a while since I've read the third book:

*INFO FROM BOOKS*
Who were the people that met up with Tormund talking about eating crow? Were they just another tribe from north of the Wall? I don't remember that dialogue from the book.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was that Robb Starks sword that was melted down and given to Jaime?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but I think it was Ned's sword Ice.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I found the answer to my greyed out question above.

It's also not a spoiler. They were the Thenns. No clue how I forgot about them.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, that's what i was thinking too

I'm pretty sure it touches on it in the books. I think it's Ice only because it is enough Valyrian to forge two swords.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also the guy that was playing that wager game with the unsullied soldier who is that? is he the guy that pledged allegiance to Daenerys Targaryen last season? Daario Naharis? that is quite the different actor if thats the case? wonder what happened there. or is he like that assassin that helped Arya and he can change his face?

last question the new guy visting the lannisters, is he related to Daenerys Targaryen? he seems fairly badass

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also the guy that was playing that wager game with the unsullied soldier who is that? is he the guy that pledged allegiance to Daenerys Targaryen last season? Daario Naharis? that is quite the different actor if thats the case? wonder what happened there. or is he like that assassin that helped Arya and he can change his face?

last question the new guy visting the lannisters, is he related to Daenerys Targaryen? he seems fairly badass

yah ... recast because the original actor is now the "transporter" movie franchise guy

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

found the answer to Daario. Man they went with such a different actor for that role.

In Game of Thrones Skrein played the role of Daario Naharis in the third season. He was announced in the role on August 20, 2012.[1]

Skrein was in a gang until he was 17 years old, when he was stabbed and nearly died, after which he quit it altogether.[2]

He will not return for the fourth season. Michiel Huisman will take over the role of Daario.[3]

Skrein apparently left Game of Thrones because he has been cast as the lead role in a reboot of the Transporter action film franchise

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) Yes, that is Daario, they switched actors. Bustle

B) That is Oberyn Martel. You get a much better background in the books before he presents him self in Kings Landing. He is pretty bad ass. No relation to Daenerys.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

following along family trees..

i believe Oberain would be Danerys' brother in-law, but divorced out of the family maybe?

Daenarys' older brother Rhaegar married Oberain's sister Aria (or something, can't quite remember her name), then divorced her.

(i assume all my spellings are incorrect haha)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me personally this series cant really do wrong (so far anyways) ... i think ive been entertained and enjoyed every single episode :noidea:

the only crap thing is that to date Ive pretty much binge watched every episode so there was always a new episode to watch lol ... after last night ... now i have to wait for the next new one :pout:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me personally this series cant really do wrong (so far anyways) ... i think ive been entertained and enjoyed every single episode :noidea:

the only crap thing is that to date Ive pretty much binge watched every episode so there was always a new episode to watch lol ... after last night ... now i have to wait for the next new one :pout:

the only crap thing for me is 10 episodes only, while it has no commercials and is 60 full minutes I wouldnt mind more in a season. I know TWD is 16 with commercials and only 42 mins per episode so its the same but I kind of like it drawn out a little more.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Yes, that is Daario, they switched actors. Bustle

B) That is Oberyn Martel. You get a much better background in the books before he presents him self in Kings Landing. He is pretty bad ass. No relation to Daenerys.

Nevermind, awaz is right. I'm fucking retarded. There is Martell/Targaryan relation. Not sure where he fits in. Daenerys may be his neice?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind, awaz is right. I'm fucking retarded. There is Martell/Targaryan relation. Not sure where he fits in. Daenerys may be his neice?

Nevermind Rhaegar Targaryan was Daenerys' brother. Rhaegar was Oberyn's brother-in-law... so Daenerys is Oberyn's sister-in-law. So fucking confusing.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I'm done.... my brain hurts. Too early for tracing family lineage in this damn story.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I'm done.... my brain hurts. Too early for tracing family lineage in this damn story.

haha i think thats it though. they would be brother/sister - in law, except for the divorce, so i don't know what that does to you. i guess that would make you un-related technically?

but from the sounds of the episode yesterday oberain doesn't have any fond feelings towards the taergaryns either, since rhaegar left his sister and nieces/nephews.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oberyn and Dany have absolutely no relation to one another. Not even through marriage. They have common relatives, but are nothing to each other. They would both be blood related to Raegar's children that the Mountain murdered. But your uncle on your mother's side has no relation to your aunt on your father's side.

And yes that was 100% Ned's sword. It doesn't make it obvious on the show but in the book they also make it clear that Illyn Payne used Ned's own sword to chop his head off. That's why both the scene where Ned used the sword to behead the deserter and the scene where he gets beheaded were shown during the "Previously on Game of Thrones" segment.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when Oberyn was talking to Tyrion I thought he was talking about Targaryen in a family situation, I may have mis heard it so that was why I was asking thanks all