• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great. It doesn't have the budget of GoT, if it did, I'd prob enjoy it more. I'm a sucker for Norse mythology and anything viking related.

Wait 'til you get to the episode I was referencing. Season 2 episode 7... Holy fuck.

I like the show. I don't think it's great, nor is it close to bad. I watch mostly out of ethnic obligation. ;)

The ending of the last episode was pretty brutal. Who knew lungs could be used as a shawl?

Back to Game of Thrones, or should I say... Game of Goats!

[YOUTUBE]X6tKZ-cg4RI[/YOUTUBE]

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys watch Vikings on History? I just caught the last episode... Holy fuck, that ending scene was one of the most intense things I've seen in film. It was shot great, but fuck is it brutal.

I watched the 1st season and enjoyed it. Saw the season premiere this year and it wasn't bad. I don't know if the actor that plays Ragnar is really good or really bad but I like him and he makes me laugh sometime. He just always seems so cool no matter what's going on. I loved the smirk he had on his face when he made that proposal to his wife in the 1st episode this season. Always trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

I need to get back into it. I got the Song of Ice and Fire books for Christmas. On the last one now. They've been taking up most of my spare time. Once I finish this last one I'll marathon Vikings until I'm all caught up.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George R. R. Martin writes 1 episodes a season. Usually it's later in the season (S1E8, S2E9, S3E9), but this season's episode is actually going to be tonight! Expect tonight's episode to be a game changer!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they didnt go the Who Shot Mr Burns route

22 very good episodes to start the season

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they didnt go the Who Shot Mr Burns route

22 very good episodes to start the season

Sure they did. You don't know who killed him (unless you read the book)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you aren't a book reader, I'd love to hear your thoughts on who you think killed him and how.
I'm a book reader so I dont count. They blindside you in the book until you turn the page for the next chapter. There are a lot of visual clues pointing to a lot of characters in the show...it is quite possible that I read this part to quickly and missed them

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a book reader so I dont count. They blindside you in the book until you turn the page for the next chapter. There are a lot of visual clues pointing to a lot of characters in the show...it is quite possible that I read this part to quickly and missed them

Yes, I caught all of the visual clues as well. But perhaps that is because you and I knew what to look for.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic episode! Maybe my favorite ever! And I'm a huge Joffrey homer! Gonna miss him pissing everyone off but just as Viserys died early on just in time for Joffrey to take on the role of main villain, I think we'll see the same sort of thing with Ramsay now with Joffrey gone.

Tommen didn't have any lines but he showed signs of growing into a bit more of a punk. Maybe the Gods didn't flip the coin favorably for him after all. That was the same actor, correct? We haven't seen much of Joffrey's heir since his mother almost poisoned him.

Lots of nice additions to this episode that weren't in the book too. I don't believe Jaime and Brienne arrived in Kings Landing until after Joffrey died if I remember correctly. I thought it was great having them there and having Bronn help train Jaime's left hand.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...you might have a point. I wont elaborate

I get what you mean but I think there are some major similarities. Lots of people there would have had some motive to kill Joffrey and many might have had the means to do so as well. Next few episodes are going to be really interesting!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you aren't a book reader, I'd love to hear your thoughts on who you think killed him and how.

I haven't read the books.

Marjorie's grandmother (can't recall her name) seems like a likely suspect - crafty, doesn't want her granddaughter with that little bastard, her daughter would be queen now, etc.

I have to say that in this kingdom, I would definitely turn down a wedding invitation. ;)

I really like a few of the pairings from this week's episode - Jaime & Braun are an interesting duo in that both are great warriors that are both honorable and dishonorable at the same time.

Poor Tyrion - he tries to do right by being honorable and he gets fucked. He tows the family line and he gets fucked. Poor little guy. Hope he figures out a way out of this one.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite line of the night:

Onion knight: "How many ships did he bring to your cause? How many men?!?"
Stannis: "A good deal more than you."

Now that's a threat - hahaha.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of me wishes I didn't read the books so that I could play this game. I'd be speculating all over the place but don't think I'd get it right. That being said, I'd be surprised but not entirely shocked if it turns out not to be the same person as from the books. The show has differed enough that I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility, but I'm not done the 5th book so I'm not sure how it might all tie together later on.

Spoiler stuff - There is some truth to what I'm saying but I mostly said that to back-peddle a bit after accidentally giving away in a previous post that it was neither Jaime or Brienne. I think either one would make an interesting theory. Brienne has been accused of being a Kingslayer and Jaime is a known Kingslayer and the King's natural father. But who actually did the killing is less interesting to me than who we later learn helped orchestrate it and probably even manipulated the killer somewhat.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watching - Sansa did have the cup and wanted to leave quickly.

Though it wasn't until it was over by the grandmother that there was a problem. Still thinks grandma did it.

Man I enjoyed watching that little bitch go though. A lot of death/torture spared by his passing. I had expected he would live a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-watching - Sansa did have the cup and wanted to leave quickly.

Though it wasn't until it was over by the grandmother that there was a problem. Still thinks grandma did it.

Man I enjoyed watching that little bitch go though. A lot of death/torture spared by his passing. I had expected he would live a long time.

gollum_fin2.jpg