• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey eloco,

Did you know that the group of musicians that Joffrey threw coins at were members of Sigur Ros?

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey eloco,

Did you know that the group of musicians that Joffrey threw coins at were members of Sigur Ros?

Holy shit - no I did not. Maybe they tricked me because the singer's words were actually discernible. ;)

That's cool, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I didn't know until this morning. I thought the style of singing sounded familiar last night while watching. Then I saw headlines about the new rendition of "The Rains of Castamere" when I got into work today.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I didn't know until this morning. I thought the style of singing sounded familiar last night while watching. Then I saw headlines about the new rendition of "The Rains of Castamere" when I got into work today.

New Top 40 hit... straight outta Westeros, y'all.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much talk about the final scene that nobody is talking about the opening scene which I thought was great, or the follow-up later at the Dreadfort. The actor that plays Theon appears to have his work cut out for him going forward and was great in last night's episode.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much talk about the final scene that nobody is talking about the opening scene which I thought was great, or the follow-up later at the Dreadfort. The actor that plays Theon appears to have his work cut out for him going forward and was great in last night's episode.

I agree. The bastard of Bolton took off as a much better storyline than what I remember from the book.

I'm a little concerned about Bronn training Jaimie. It could be a story changer.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find my cell phone, and I can't for the life of me figure out where in seven hells I put the thing.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I thought that was the response you were looking for.

Lol - to be honest, I just couldn't find my phone and actually said "seven hells" to myself, which made me laugh.

But your wit and timing are as impeccable as always. The old gods loved the comment, Comeds. The new gods, well, they're kind of pricks anyways. :)

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol - to be honest, I just couldn't find my phone and actually said "seven hells" to myself, which made me laugh.

But your wit and timing are as impeccable as always. The old gods loved the comment, Comeds. The new gods, well, they're kind of pricks anyways. :)

At least you didn't blaspheme R'hollor. I'd hate to see what Lady Mel would have thought of that.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and both immediately thought the wine was a misdirection and that the pie was poisoned. That would point to the new queen or her faction as the culprits. I don't know westeros law but if they were already officially married when Joffrey died then it would make sense. Also there were signs that pointed to the pie but those could be red herrings. The symbolism of Joffrey cutting into the pie and killing doves was pretty clear.

Also if the wine was poisoned it brings up new questions. How could the poisoner know it would end up given to Joffrey? Could just have easily poisoned someone else. The only exception is Sansa who handles the cup immediately before Joffey drinks, and out of view. Maybe she was planning her own suicide and then saw a chance to off the Joff?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly did focus on the pie, although that poison would've had to kick in instantaneously for that to be the case. Again, I don't know what the line of succession would be, is Marge now "The Queen"? Or is the Joff's younger brother next in line?

WSMB_Wiggums_Dream.png

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its the pie, then someone meant to kill almost EVERYONE at that wedding celebration. Could be retribution for the Red Wedding somehow. Or Stannis Baratheon?

They certainly did focus on the pie, although that poison would've had to kick in instantaneously for that to be the case. Again, I don't know what the line of succession would be, is Marge now "The Queen"? Or is the Joff's younger brother next in line?

WSMB_Wiggums_Dream.png

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fun to play the guessing game right now.

If you pay very close attention to the wedding scene you can see who is behind it. But you'd never get it unless you know what to look for.

Cheers. ;)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fun to play the guessing game right now.

If you pay very close attention to the wedding scene you can see who is behind it. But you'd never get it unless you know what to look for.

Cheers. ;)

You're a bookhole you know :D

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I re-watched it a couple times. There are 3 people who have access to the chalice:
Tyrion - Though he never would have had a chance to slip anything in the drink since all eyes were on him.
Sansa - Who fetches the chalice from underneath the table, so she has motive/opportunity.
Old Granny - The chalice is set before her inbetween Joffrey's first time drinking and his second.

I think Granny did it. Sansa hates Joffrey, but doesn't have the scheming in her nature nor the wit at her age to pull it off. Granny is chock full of both scheming and wit.

My Clue guess is Granny did it, in the garden, with the chalice.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New theory: the fool. My wife came up with it, and it makes sense.

Obvious motive. Minor character reintroduced and using up valuable screen time - must be a purpose. Access to wine. And we seem to remember he was insisting that Sansa leave the party right before the poisoning. Maybe he poisoned all the royal tables wine but wanted to make sure Sansa lived?

I'll rematch the scene but that's our best guess so far.