• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for people that have read the book, who was supposed to be a stronger swordsman: Jamie Lannister or Ned Stark? I know they fight in season 1 of the show but that wasn't really a fair fight and Ned wasn't exactly in his prime. They talked up the Kingslayer to a point but I think Ned was actually more accomplished.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for people that have read the book, who was supposed to be a stronger swordsman: Jamie Lannister or Ned Stark? I know they fight in season 1 of the show but that wasn't really a fair fight and Ned wasn't exactly in his prime. They talked up the Kingslayer to a point but I think Ned was actually more accomplished.

In the books I got the impression that Jamie and Loras Tyrell were the best in the land.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books I got the impression that Jamie and Loras Tyrell were the best in the land.
I was under the impression that Loras Tyrell only thought he was the best in the land. Didn't Brienne beat him legitimately? I was also under the impression that Loras Tyrell was the best on a horse

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie was the best in 1v1 combat, Loras was best at jousting but the mountain was probably better. Loras used a horse in heat to joust against the mountain, but still a great swordsman, Ned was a great warrior during Roberts rebellion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie was the best in 1v1 combat, Loras was best at jousting but the mountain was probably better. Loras used a horse in heat to joust against the mountain, but still a great swordsman, Ned was a great warrior during Roberts rebellion.
Ok, yeah. Almost everyone has a weakness in their character somewhere that somewhat limits them in combat but Ned and Jamie weren't really given one that I could see from the show. Brienne's weakness, for example, is her face because gives away her moves and it generally causes people to disrespect her

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you! I amazed people let that slide.

Too late. You brought shame upon your family. To the wall!

Haha... awwww. /hangs head in shame

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all knew this would be a pretty tame episode compared to last week since the 9h tends to be the most dramatic, but I still found this episode to be a bit disappointing for a season finale. I was hoping Dany's storyline would go out with more of bang. The people she freed being greatful to her for their freedom wasn't exactly shocking. Things are set up quite nicely for next season though.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting choice for a stopping point. Not how I would've done it I don't think.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fucking love Arya and the hounds relationship
there is so much story to be built with what is left of the starks
when they paraded Robbs body out with the dire wolfs head I was incredibly saddened. that really hit home.
when the red witch read that note and knew that the throne meant nothing anymore and hinted at what was coming i cheered. she finally fucking gets it
arya is so fucking bad ass I still think she kills joffery

tyrion is god. dany is higher. and sam is my latest new favourite. and he may have saved all the seven kingdoms

fuck theon greyjoy. the twat....

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fucking love Arya and the hounds relationship
there is so much story to be built with what is left of the starks
when they paraded Robbs body out with the dire wolfs head I was incredibly saddened. that really hit home.
when the red witch read that note and knew that the throne meant nothing anymore and hinted at what was coming i cheered. she finally fucking gets it
arya is so fucking bad ass I still think she kills joffery

tyrion is god. dany is higher. and sam is my latest new favourite. and he may have saved all the seven kingdoms

fuck theon greyjoy. the twat....

oh he will not be doing any of that...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this shot came on the screen during the final scene...
Dany_Mhysa_finale_with_army-thumb-550x306-71145.png

... I yelled out "alright everybody, class picture day!!"

Once they added the next group of slaves I thought 'What is Dany, like the fucking Abraham Lincoln of the desert lands?' and then... 'jesus they are gonna need like 20 Carnival cruise ships to get all these people across the ocean.'

And of course when they started chanting "Mhysa," I couldn't help but think of...
Jarel-Binks.jpg

Great season, but that final scene was pretty crappy. I don't know how the producers don't end the season with the Red Wedding. THAT is your final scene of the season if ever there was one.

I did really like the Tyrion/Tywin scene though. I don't think a father has ever said something so loving and so awful all at once to his son.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tyrion/Tywin scene as well as just before that as they both verbally bitch slapped Joffrey was amazing.

With the absence of Bronn for awhile now, the Hound has jumped into the top spot for "favorite non main character". His and Arya's storyline is fantastic.

I enjoyed the brief Bran/Sam encounter and I like that Jon made it back to the Night's Watch (barelY).

The scene when Jaime returned to Cersei's room would have been really romantic except for that whole pesky brother/sister thing.

Theon deserves whatever is coming to him. Betrayed his best friend/brother, murdered 2 innocent children as well as beheaded a guy that was strongly implied was a really good dude and on top of that he's just an asshole.

The Khaleesi scene was a bit underwhelming, although I did enjoy it.

Great season, next season should be wild.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do like how they set up the last episode to set base storylines for the next season I dont always need the flash and bang of a season ending it allows me to be patient for the next season. Im very sad its only 10 episodes per season but Ill take it as there are no commercials

book readers how far into the books are they now?

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season was sorta of hit or miss, it started out somewhat slow. Of course it hit an all time high with the red wedding. Unless you had the dragons torching Joffrey's ass, you weren't going to surpass last week's episode. But still for the season finale? A bit of a letdown to be honest. I want to see the dragons burn shit up already. As it was mentioned, ending it with Dany being treated like a god, I dunno. i guess you wonder if this leads to hubris, or for her to want to liberate more people? does this now make the people of Storm's End want to revolt? I do have to say, the actor that plays Joffrey, that kid is good, really good. I mean, he plays an asshole down to a t. Tell me that if you met him in real life you wouldn't want to punch him in the face.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season was sorta of hit or miss, it started out somewhat slow. Of course it hit an all time high with the red wedding. Unless you had the dragons torching Joffrey's ass, you weren't going to surpass last week's episode. But still for the season finale? A bit of a letdown to be honest. I want to see the dragons burn shit up already. As it was mentioned, ending it with Dany being treated like a god, I dunno. i guess you wonder if this leads to hubris, or for her to want to liberate more people? does this now make the people of Storm's End want to revolt? I do have to say, the actor that plays Joffrey, that kid is good, really good. I mean, he plays an asshole down to a t. Tell me that if you met him in real life you wouldn't want to punch him in the face.

cant argue with that.. joffrey the character is easy to hate, but the actor is doing a phenemonal job