• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody who's read 'most of book 4 or more', did that bran scene where he went full warg happen later in the books? i dont remember that in the books, at least, not at that time

You should never go full warg. Everyone knows that.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among hot chicks on TV I'd say Dany's about average which is still pretty hot. I agree that Margaery is much hotter.

I'll say

125744.jpg

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you were rooting for them all the way, so I get why people are upset, but what a great thing to have that much of an impact on people. That means the storytelling did it's job, that's why you need to shake things up and don't let people into a comfort zone. It keeps things interesting and fresh.

Besides, now everyone can throw their support 100% behind Khaleesi (or the Lannisters if you have no soul).

No love for Stannis?

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have to say Robb really let his guard down considering he didn't even notice the band started playing the Lannister song.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have to say Robb really let his guard down considering he didn't even notice the band started playing the Lannister song.

Yeah I was thinking that Robb sort of took after his old man. Both were men of honour but they didn't really think things through very well. It all started going downhill for him when he chopped that guy's head off for killing the young Lannisters. If he didn't do that he wouldn't have needed to ask the Frey's forgiveness.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was thinking that Robb sort of took after his old man. Both were men of honour but they didn't really think things through very well. It all started going downhill for him when he chopped that guy's head off for killing the young Lannisters. If he didn't do that he wouldn't have needed to ask the Frey's forgiveness.

And they both counted on the wrong person to act as honorably as them.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now for some priceless reactions:

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stunned just blown away

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest... Robb was an idiot.

He should have killed Jamie right away instead of using him as a bargaining chip for his sisters. He should have honored his vow instead of acting on his emotions. In both instances, he let love override his decision-making and risked his path to power.

This stands in "stark" contrast to Tywin - who sacrifices everything and disregards emotion when making strategic moves. So what better moment than a wedding to throw that all into contrast. Great scene.

I felt bad for the mother, but not really for Robb. It seemed like this was inevitable at some point. I knew there was going to be some death this week from the scuttlebutt on the street (it's a term the kids are using these days), and my only thought was 'please, not Tyrion!' Haha.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest... Robb was an idiot.
Yup.

I'm sure if they focused more on Robb, his title would be 'the King who lost the North' just as much as Jaimie Lannister was 'the Kingslayer'

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we see the return of Bronn in the season finale. That guy is the best.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol this is the only place ive seent people refer to Dany as Khaleesi

Apparently, there is a rather large portion of the viewer-only public that think's that is her name. I don't know how they didn't grasp that it is a title. (Not speaking of anyone here, of course)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refer to her as Khaleesi, which I'm aware means queen. Doesn't Ser Jorah still call her Khaleesi? Maybe I'm wrong. But really, who gives a shit?

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refer to her as Khaleesi, which I'm aware means queen. Doesn't Ser Jorah still call her Khaleesi? Maybe I'm wrong. But really, who gives a shit?

It really isn't important. I completely get why show watchers would call her that, since Jorah seems to call her that every 10 seconds. It's just a bit weird as a book reader to hear, since you get the inner monologue and narrator references to her, and those are almost all "Dany". :suds:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt bad for the mother, but not really for Robb. It seemed like this was inevitable at some point. I knew there was going to be some death this week from the scuttlebutt on the street (it's a term the kids are using these days), and my only thought was 'please, not Tyrion!' Haha.

Agreed! He's the best character by far. For that reason he's 1 of the few that I think are safe, at least for a while, along with Dany and Joffrey. I think the Red Wedding events probably make the rest of the Starks, especially Jon Snow, a bit less likely to be killed anytime soon too, but hard to say.