• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody who's read 'most of book 4 or more', did that bran scene where he went full warg happen later in the books? i dont remember that in the books, at least, not at that time

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anybody who's read 'most of book 4 or more', did that bran scene where he went full warg happen later in the books? i dont remember that in the books, at least, not at that time

He reached to Hodor during that storm and was Summer during that fight, ya

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reached to Hodor during that storm and was Summer during that fight, ya

hm.. i clearly did not understand that scene in the book.. i remember him being summer, but i didnt realize he 'controlled it' any differently

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right ATM, I'm wondering what may have happened (of camera, obviously) to the newlywed Lord Tully & his uncle: Surely they had to be killed too, right? They were Stark allies, after all.

... I know; I know: Nobody is going to give me 'spoilers'.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hm.. i clearly did not understand that scene in the book.. i remember him being summer, but i didnt realize he 'controlled it' any differently

Oh he wasnt controlling Summer, no. I get what yer asking now

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right ATM, I'm wondering what may have happened (of camera, obviously) to the newlywed Lord Tully & his uncle: Surely they had to be killed too, right? They were Stark allies, after all.

... I know; I know: Nobody is going to give me 'spoilers'.

:whistle:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he wasnt controlling Summer, no. I get what yer asking now

ya, i guess i just didn't realize he 'chose' to enter summer at the time.. just thought it was another dream like he had previously

really intrigued by Bran's storylinle now haha

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some thoughts from lastnight:

- I hope the Wildlings strategy for attacking Castle Black is a little better than their "sneak" attack on the farmhouse. Glad the weird dude is dead, he bugged me. Makes things more interesting for Jon Snow now.

- So Bran can control people's minds now? Probably would've been pretty useful against the Lannisters.

- Anybody else not care what happens to Sam and his box of rocks love interest?

- Things just keep going Khaleesi's way. Whether or not the new guy is truly legit or if he's scheming like just about everyone else is up in the air. I hope he's a good guy (the conversation with his other 2 leaders before he killed them last episode makes me think he's on the level).

- No King's Landing this episode, can't wait to see their reaction to this whole ordeal.

- Poor Arya, so close. Something tells me her and The Hound will wind up encountering The Brotherhood again.

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between people who have read the books and haven't during last night's episode.

c9X6n.gif

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's OK, I googled it. Wow, so much has happened since then in the books. But that event is referenced in the story even now. It was a pretty big deal.

I remember a few things that happened right about that timeframe. I am dying to ask if this or that has happened, but can't in case it HASN'T and will spoil the upcoming events.

But book 3 is pretty freaking awesome. Best one IMO.

I agree book 3 is the best. So much more happens in that book that will have to wait for season 4.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some thoughts from lastnight:

- I hope the Wildlings strategy for attacking Castle Black is a little better than their "sneak" attack on the farmhouse. Glad the weird dude is dead, he bugged me. Makes things more interesting for Jon Snow now.

- So Bran can control people's minds now? Probably would've been pretty useful against the Lannisters.

- Anybody else not care what happens to Sam and his box of rocks love interest?

- Things just keep going Khaleesi's way. Whether or not the new guy is truly legit or if he's scheming like just about everyone else is up in the air. I hope he's a good guy (the conversation with his other 2 leaders before he killed them last episode makes me think he's on the level).

- No King's Landing this episode, can't wait to see their reaction to this whole ordeal.

- Poor Arya, so close. Something tells me her and The Hound will wind up encountering The Brotherhood again.

I think the Sam part is very important when you think about the events that have happened with him. He killed a white walker and knows how now.

That will be interesting to see. Roose Bolton did tell Rob that "The Lannisters send their regards" as he killed him.

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are taking this show a bit too seriously..

From the @RedWeddingTears on Twitter:

"I have no reason to live after watching that episode of game of thrones. My life is over."

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you were rooting for them all the way, so I get why people are upset, but what a great thing to have that much of an impact on people. That means the storytelling did it's job, that's why you need to shake things up and don't let people into a comfort zone. It keeps things interesting and fresh.

Besides, now everyone can throw their support 100% behind Khaleesi (or the Lannisters if you have no soul).

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some shows kill characters just for a ratings boost. But in Game of Thrones, it fits the universe perfectly. Of course the Lannisters would try to assassinate Rob - it was just a matter of time before they got to somebody.

The episode definitely had an impact, but hopefully in a good way for most people. Keeps us on our toes. Definitely rooting for everyone but the Lannisters now, though.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing i love about this series is how invested you get in the characters and their (seemingly) heavily important scheming and politics, the impact of gut ripping scenes like last night, but yet subtly throw in the serious game changers almost without people realizing it, two this season are sam the slayer and bran warging. basically trying to say that the two seconds where bran wargs into hodors head, to me, is a game changer.

that is some serious fucking power with some serious fucking possibilities.