• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Dothraki that were with Khaleesi/Dany still a thing? Like did anything happen to that one dude that was acting as her second bodyguard along with Ser Jorah?

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Dothraki that were with Khaleesi/Dany still a thing? Like did anything happen to that one dude that was acting as her second bodyguard along with Ser Jorah?

I would guess that she still has a handful of them about, but as others have joined her 'army', they have become far less important to the story line, so the writers/producers have pretty much phased them out of any scenes.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess that she still has a handful of them about, but as others have joined her 'army', they have become far less important to the story line, so the writers/producers have pretty much phased them out of any scenes.

i thought the last of them were killed at the wizards tower?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, she can't have much love for the Dothraki anymore, but she should find them, challenge whoever the Khal is, beat him and then you have the Dothraki in her back pocket as well.

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, she can't have much love for the Dothraki anymore, but she should find them, challenge whoever the Khal is, beat him and then you have the Dothraki in her back pocket as well.

There are many Khals now that Drogo is dead. Drogo did an impressive and unusual feat to gather that many Dothraki into his khalasar, but since he died the strongest kos (commanders) made themselves Khals of their own khalasars (which are much smaller and not as powerful as Drogo's).

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT THE FUCK. I JUST WATCHED THE LATEST EPISODE.

ROBB STARK WAS MY DUDE.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOTHAFUCKAS GOTTA PAY.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest... Robb was an idiot.

He should have killed Jamie right away instead of using him as a bargaining chip for his sisters. He should have honored his vow instead of acting on his emotions. In both instances, he let love override his decision-making and risked his path to power.

This stands in "stark" contrast to Tywin - who sacrifices everything and disregards emotion when making strategic moves. So what better moment than a wedding to throw that all into contrast. Great scene.

I felt bad for the mother, but not really for Robb. It seemed like this was inevitable at some point. I knew there was going to be some death this week from the scuttlebutt on the street (it's a term the kids are using these days), and my only thought was 'please, not Tyrion!' Haha.

This is a fact.

I knew him marrying that chick would be his downfall, I just didn't think he would be one of the main pieces of the puzzle to go so early.

I haven't read the books, so if people are posting about future events in this thread, please let me know so I can stop reading.

For a while I thought for sure Robb would have made the best king, but now seeing how stupid he was to walk into an obvious lions den and let his guard down like that, I'm not so sure.

It's kind of annoying that it went that way, because Robb was probably my favorite character, but he did fall out of my favor a bit when he fell for what's her name. She just wasn't hot enough in the show for me to give him credit for destroying his relationship with a key asset.

He was dumb and his mother knew it, yet he still treated her like a second class citizen.

Robb fucked up, and probably got what was coming to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that sucks is that he had no hidden agenda or evil one. He was a genuinely good person who would have made a great king.

The guy just fell into the classic trap of a woman getting in the way of what's truly important. If your mom tells you a woman is getting in the way, 99 percent of the time, she's telling the truth.

The moral of the story? MOB (Money Over Bitches)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be safe from spoilers for the most part in here brasky, people have been pretty good about using a white font if there's anything iffy.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be pretty safe in regards to people posting spoilers. I was was pretty adamant about people not saying anything as I have not read the books. I don't even want any mention of if a character is still around in a future book. Like if someone says "Wow Sansa is a total bitch in book 4", well thanks fucker now I know she's still around.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
azr0pwGl.jpg

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife was just re-watching the last ~15 mins off the DVR (no idea why) so I ended up re-watching most of that too (again, no idea why).

Doesn't make it any less crazy the 2nd time around, that's for sure... hah!

The dog part still just absolutely kills me. Ugh.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people Spoil on this thread?

I have no desire to read the books as the series is so excellently produced.

It is very strange for a TV series to make me NOT want to read the books.

HBO is doing a phenomenal job. Reading the books seems like the wrong move.

But, I wont scroll through the thread if there are spoilers everywhere.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really lame that they are ending the season so soon. I feel like the NBA playoffs have lasted longer than the whole season.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people Spoil on this thread?

I have no desire to read the books as the series is so excellently produced.

It is very strange for a TV series to make me NOT want to read the books.

HBO is doing a phenomenal job. Reading the books seems like the wrong move.

But, I wont scroll through the thread if there are spoilers everywhere.

No spoilers here as long as you are upto date with the TV series. The general consensus is that we assume anyone reading this thread is upto date so talking about episodes that have aired on TV isn't considered spoiling.