• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the show writers were not given 8 years to write next season's script :D

(I agree with you btw)

Also to be fair, the first 3 books (which for the most part line up with the first 4 seasons) were much better than the next 2 IMO. So not only did they eventually run out of the source material but what source material they had left, was not as good.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd biggest mistake was beheading Karstark. Can't fault him for marrying Talisa. If he did everything else right, it wouldn't have been so costly for him.
Agreed, but the simple truth is, Karstark never would have done what he did were not for Theon.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like many, been busy rewatching the first 7 seasons. Just watched the scene in Meeren where Dany is AWOL and Tyrion decides to go down with Varys to "make friends" with the 2 dragons.

IIRC at the time this was interpreted by many as a tip off that Tyrion was the third Targeryn. In the books, there is apparently a third Targeryn who (as of now) is unknown, there are several pretenders/claimants, but the TV series has basically left this entire plot line out (much like Lady Stonehart).

Got me thinking, what was the point of that scene? Dany comes back a couple of episodes later, so its not like Tyrion becomes the new Master of Dragons or anything. Was this merely a payoff for book readers? Will this be relevant in Season 8? Watching the scene today, it seems really odd and pointless.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have been mentioned here but one theory I like a lot is:

Jaime will kill the Night King. He's the Kingslayer, he has a Valyrian steel sword, the whole over arching storyline is Fire and Ice, he saved Westeros from fire when he killed The Mad King now he can save it from ice. Also redeems his character

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jaime will kill the Night King. He's the Kingslayer, he has a Valyrian steel sword, the whole over arching storyline is Fire and Ice, he saved Westeros from fire when he killed The Mad King now he can save it from ice. Also redeems his character
Jaime being the hero imo makes the most sense, and there is so much foreshadowing of it in the books.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jaime gave his Valyrian steel sword to Brienne. Unless you mean Joffrey's sword?

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaime gave his Valyrian steel sword to Brienne. Unless you mean Joffrey's sword?
Jamie does have Widow's Wail. The sword he gave Brienne is the other half of Ice, Oathkeeper.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hearts Bane is wasted on Sam the Fat.

I have a feeling you will be surprised. Sam will complete the Kill Triple Crown: White Walker, Fenn and Night King :nod:

Probably while "defending" Bran when the Night King gets to Winterfell.

/It is Known

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved this weeks episode. No Danerys probably had a lot to do with it. Moving the plot forward very quickly on several fronts.

Did not see the Sansa swerve coming. I never cared much for that character, but I actually find myself feeling sorry for her now.

Quick comment before Season 8 gets going. By now you all have heard about Emilia Clarke and her (hopefully past) health problems. I have been critical of her acting at times in the past, and now I am embarrassed. Yet another reminded to "walk a mile in another person's shoes" before you are critical.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
original.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get some dragon on dragon sex tonight!

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter has an interesting theory. Littlefinger is still alive. It was a no-faced assassin that Arya killed who was there to take her out for stealing faces.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s only right that Jamie be punished for not fucking killing Bran and sparing us the most boring storyline this side of a Star Wars movie.

The Night King is fearsome AND artsy. He's in the lead.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s only right that Jamie be punished for not fucking killing Bran and sparing us the most boring storyline this side of a Star Wars movie.

I've loved the Bran plot. One of the most intriguing characters in the show and without Bran's quest we don't get the Tower of Joy reveal of Jon Snow's identity and Hodor's death, probably 2 of the best 5 scenes in the show to date. Not to mention maybe the coolest death scene in GOT...

untitled-441.gif

You just have to have the patience to know that one of the great characters (Bran) even though he seemed like he was lame and unimportant now, will at the end of the seas...series be shown to be very powerful and right in the mix for the Cu... for the Throne.