• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read a word of "analysis" online, my two cents.

First episode was a little disappointing, but that is on me. After a two year wait, my personal expectations were so high. I guess I built Season 8 up to be 6 "Battle of the Bastards" level events.

Having said that, I was pleased to see
Little Bear again. Was totally thrown by Bran's reference to an old friend, thought he met Meera Reed. I have a hunch that Bronn might complete one of his two hits, probably Jamie.

I was impressed by the acting peformances by Emilia Clarke and Sophie turner. They both have come a long way since this series started.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great episode last night! The characters holed up in a desolate, walled off town, an army of zombies bearing down on them, it's just so.... oh shit, sorry. Thought this was the Walking Dead thread. My bad.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was impressed by the acting peformances by Emilia Clarke and Sophie turner. They both have come a long way since this series started.

Emilia Clarke showed great range by actually smiling in last night's episode. She and Jon were just adorable.

38537.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First episode was a little disappointing, but that is on me. After a two year wait, my personal expectations were so high. I guess I built Season 8 up to be 6 "Battle of the Bastards" level events.

Gotta have some rising action. I thought overall it was a really good episode. The interactions between Bran and Sam, and then Sam and Jon were fantastic. I though the guy playing Sam was fantastic when learning of his father's/brother's fate. He had no love for them but they are still his family and the conflict was evident. I thought the ending was fantastic and I hadn't even thought of the awkwardness of the Bran/Jamie reunion until the moment they showed it. I think I said "ohhhh shit, that's right!" or something like that.

The only thing I found a little annoying was everyone's "what is SHE doing here!" or "what is HE doing here!" kind of reactions. I was waiting for Jon Snow to be like "God damn it all of you fucking idiots!! HOW MANY TIMES do I have to remind of you of what is coming for us?!?? Unbelievable!!!!" Though to be fair, humans are humans and those reactions are probably real. Saddled with our typical human stuff even in the brief calm before a massive crisis.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta have some rising action. I thought overall it was a really good episode. The interactions between Bran and Sam, and then Sam and Jon were fantastic. I though the guy playing Sam was fantastic when learning of his father's/brother's fate. He had no love for them but they are still his family and the conflict was evident. I thought the ending was fantastic and I hadn't even thought of the awkwardness of the Bran/Jamie reunion until the moment they showed it. I think I said "ohhhh shit, that's right!" or something like that.

The only thing I found a little annoying was everyone's "what is SHE doing here!" or "what is HE doing here!" kind of reactions. I was waiting for Jon Snow to be like "God damn it all of you fucking idiots!! HOW MANY TIMES do I have to remind of you of what is coming for us?!?? Unbelievable!!!!" Though to be fair, humans are humans and those reactions are probably real. Saddled with our typical human stuff even in the brief calm before a massive crisis.

Agree with all of this. I am still calling for Sam to be the Night King slayer. Hey, if Tiger can win the Masters at 200 years old or whatever he is, Sam can pull it off!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see @Darkstone42 provide a scientific basis for the force that would have been applied to Jon Snow while riding a dragon and how physics explains that he definitely would have fallen off.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of this. I am still calling for Sam to be the Night King slayer.

That would be cool, but I think Arya may do it with whatever she wanted Gendry to make for her.

arya-weapon-1555295950.jpg

Also, the dragon glass wasn't the only thing hard in that scene. #GendryCrush

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard from a friend who knows a guy whose cousin used to work at HBO that the Title of Episode 3 (which is expected to be the final battle against the Night King) is "Last Stark Standing"

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard from a friend who knows a guy whose cousin used to work at HBO that the Title of Episode 3 (which is expected to be the final battle against the Night King) is "Last Stark Standing"

That certainly doesnt describe Bran :bolt:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to admit, I totally missed the Ed Sheeran reference during the Bronn brothel scene. Had no idea that the "ginger soldier Eddie" was a shout out to Sheeran's cameo last year. :trash:

Haha, nice! i missed that one, too.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That awkward moment when you're trying to make your move... but her pets are starting at you.

brodsl9_game-of-thrones-hotstar_625x300_15_April_19.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it weird the Starks never mention their Mother? They constantly talk about how awesome Dad was, no mention or grieving for Mom.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I agree that I dislike all of the Stark infighting. The Sansa/Arya beef was probably the weakest/most forced storyline of season 7, no need to have that same thing spill over to this season.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it weird the Starks never mention their Mother? They constantly talk about how awesome Dad was, no mention or grieving for Mom.

Kinda makes sense, they all know that
she was bangin Littlefinger for years.
Bran has seen it.

Maybe that is why his eyes go all cloudy, when he is replaying the scenes in his mind :scratch: