• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Fantasy Trade Advice

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Get: Megatron

I Give: Ray Rice

I'd still have Lynch, BenJarvus at RB with Roddy White, D-Jax to go with Megatron.

Thoughts?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative.

Point per 10 yards receiving & rushing. 6 for TD's, receiving or rushing.

Gotta go Mega then.

Our leagues are PPR and points for rushing so I grow old with RR.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go Mega then.

Our leagues are PPR and points for rushing so I grow old with RR.

Thx, Ray. I figure it shores up the WR to make it the best in my league. Roddy & D-Jax are both high ceiling, big name guys, but I feel like they both play in situations where it's going to be them or the other WR that day (Julio & Maclin, respectively). I'd still be left with 2 RBs with (basically) no one behind them on the depth chart.

Any other thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron not living up to his draft position so far. Rice is still a top tier RB I'd hang on to Rice. Who will you start when lynch is on a bye besides law firm?

Right now megatron is a buy low guy. Trading rice def isn't buying low.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron not living up to his draft position so far. Rice is still a top tier RB I'd hang on to Rice. Who will you start when lynch is on a bye besides law firm?

I tend to agree with this, but if it improves the team I'm not sure how much I care about buying low and selling high. In other words, I am more concerned with improving the team than I am in "winning the trade."

McGahee (who i hate) would be my bye week play, but I'm not going to discount 12 weeks of production too much over what happens in a bye week or two. Also, Megatron already had his bye, so I wouldn't be sweating that at all.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to agree. The law firm isn't a starting RB IMO maybe if you could pick up a flex type RB like Sproles or something I could see it happening but I would say no to Megatron for Rice straight up

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. The law firm isn't a starting RB IMO maybe if you could pick up a flex type RB like Sproles or something I could see it happening but I would say no to Megatron for Rice straight up

Appreciated, thx.

Jump on in. The water is warm.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with this, but if it improves the team I'm not sure how much I care about buying low and selling high. In other words, I am more concerned with improving the team than I am in "winning the trade."

McGahee (who i hate) would be my bye week play, but I'm not going to discount 12 weeks of production too much over what happens in a bye week or two. Also, Megatron already had his bye, so I wouldn't be sweating that at all.

Yeah, I know getting megatron would look nice but at the end of the day rice will be right up there with foster in terms of production. Only way you trade him is if you get an overwhelming offer. I would also hang on to roddy white, he's on a better team than calvin that always puts up points. If you're looking to trade guys I'd go with mcgahee, law firm,or desean. Vick could go down at any minute and mcgahee has good value right now despite his drop and fumble last game.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know getting megatron would look nice but at the end of the day rice will be right up there with foster in terms of production. Only way you trade him is if you get an overwhelming offer. I would also hang on to roddy white, he's on a better team than calvin that always puts up points. If you're looking to trade guys I'd go with mcgahee, law firm,or desean. Vick could go down at any minute and mcgahee has good value right now despite his drop and fumble last game.

I wish I hadn't seen your team allegiances/location. Your logic is otherwise undeniable.

Thanks for the advice.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I hadn't seen your team allegiances/location. Your logic is otherwise undeniable.

Thanks for the advice.

No problem. How can you not root for the O's to take down the Yankees?

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. How can you not root for the O's to take down the Yankees?

I am.

I meant being where you are you probably hear plenty of good things around town about Rice and might be less inclined to trade him. I'm not putting too much stock into it though. The advice is noted and appreciated.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would try to get the deal sweetened a bit if you can. Don't forget about the Madden curse! Who else does the other guy have?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you're in panic mode stick with Ray Rice
but if you're in good position go with Calvin Johnson because he's going to absolutely dominate wks 9 - 15

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stic wit rice unless your getting a doug martin or mikel lashure with that mabey even a steven jackson